It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It seems GOG also wanted to post an answer in this thread, but may have been a bit too shy, so they posted in another thread instead:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates/post977
This is really easy to answer. The Polish love perogies. The Polish make perogies, they eat them and rejoice with all of their grand peroginess. Ukranians love perogies. They too make perogies, eat them and rejoice. Poland and Ukraine are in effect perogi MEGA BUDDIES. They're also not too far away from each other making it quick and easy to exchange perogies between the two countries.

New Zealand doesn't even know what perogies are. Zealanders do not make perogies, or eat them. They make and eat vegemite and marmite. Yuck. Keep that stuff away! Plus New Zealand is extremely far away geographically from access to perogies and knowledge of perogies. This deficiency comes at a cost. A toll if you will.

At the end of the day, it's just a sad fact that Zealanders pay more for games due to their lack of perogi culture. We have perogies here in Canada too though and love them! So we pay less than Zealanders but more than the geographically closer Ukranians. I'd make a map or chart or something but I think this should get the general idea across.
Attachments:
Post edited March 08, 2016 by skeletonbow
Ah, for much glorious purchase, yes! The great Witcher with also expansion pass. Witcher very good with potato during long Ukrainian Winter. We make with glorious people's revolution, bring to all peoples, start with Witcher for dirt cheap moneys.

Soon, Zealander infidels will embrace people's revolution - politburro will make much changes, secret police take dissenters in middle of night for re-education. But get Witcher dirt cheap moneys too, so is fair trade.
because there's more sky over Ukraine than it is over New Zealand

(let's check if this pattern will work again ;D).
Because the greatest "Plague" that came over from trading with china out to the entire world, wasn't in fact the "Black Plague", but the first prototype banking system and paper money system, which had been invented there since an elder dynasty ruled...

Ever since banking system took roots (to the rest of the world obviously), the world is going from bad to worse and inequality, plus injustice, rage uncontrollably.

Also, different places have different taxing system and price ranges. And don't forget that little "Supply and Demand" thing, which makes up prices and shifts the balance in mysterious ways...

I don't think Ukraine after recent events and hostilities, has the "luxury" (or even worse, desire) to burn out in excessive gaming, i guess...
Post edited March 08, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
mrkgnao: "The Witcher 3, Game + Expansion Pass" costs $14.99 in Ukraine and $85.99 in New Zealand. Why is that?
Because economics and marketing are both quaint old little things that can't keep up with modern world game-changers like the internet for example?
Obviously shipping costs are much higher to New Zealand ;-)
I'm noticing a pattern around here.

Anyway, because capitalism?
neurasthenya: I'm noticing a pattern around here.

For it to be capitalism, you need the Right of First Sale, which isn't really enforced with digital media for the most part.

MarioFanaticXV: For it to be capitalism, you need the Right of First Sale, which isn't really enforced with digital media for the most part.
Why so serious? :|

MarioFanaticXV: For it to be capitalism, you need the Right of First Sale, which isn't really enforced with digital media for the most part.
Can you please explain, in layman's terms, what that is?
mrkgnao: Can you please explain, in layman's terms, what that is?
The right to sell something you've legally purchased. In the US (and many other countries), companies can't tell individuals that they can't sell their goods second-hand. So if tomorrow I wake up and decide "I don't want my Avatar DVD collection anymore", Nickelodeon can't tell me I'm not allowed to sell it. However, the law was never updated with regards to digital media, and almost all forms of such are locked to the user in some way.

If the right of first sale were extended to digital media, then regional pricing would collapse as people from places where the price is cheap could make a huge profit by buying and reselling the products to people in regions with higher costs.

neurasthenya: Why so serious? :|
Sorry, I hear people all the time that seriously think "Capitalism is greed.", and it's sometimes hard to tell when something is serious or meant as a joke in that regard.
Post edited March 09, 2016 by MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV: The right to sell something you've legally purchased. In the US (and many other countries), companies can't tell individuals that they can't sell their goods second-hand. So if tomorrow I wake up and decide "I don't want my Avatar DVD collection anymore", Nickelodeon can't tell me I'm not allowed to sell it. However, the law was never updated with regards to digital media, and almost all forms of such are locked to the user in some way.

If the right of first sale were extended to digital media, then regional pricing would collapse as people from places where the price is cheap could make a huge profit by buying and reselling the products to people in regions with higher costs.
Thank you. Very clear.
MarioFanaticXV: The right to sell something you've legally purchased. In the US (and many other countries), companies can't tell individuals that they can't sell their goods second-hand. So if tomorrow I wake up and decide "I don't want my Avatar DVD collection anymore", Nickelodeon can't tell me I'm not allowed to sell it. However, the law was never updated with regards to digital media, and almost all forms of such are locked to the user in some way.

And I believe this is why the price for gifting is higher than the price for buying in Russia (I'm not Russian mind you, but it's what I've gathered from Magog and a bit of logical reasoning).
mrkgnao: It seems GOG also wanted to post an answer in this thread, but may have been a bit too shy, so they posted in another thread instead:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates/post977
Interesting response. Perhaps it's a misplaced enigmatic hint meaning we finally get nothing. :)