It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"The Witcher 3, Game + Expansion Pass" costs $14.99 in Ukraine and $85.99 in New Zealand. Why is that?
This question / problem has been solved by DeMignonimage
Because New Zealanders have all that LoTR money.
Maybe there are much more witchers around in Ukraine than in NZ. So are cheaper to hire:)
wrong post
Post edited March 08, 2016 by mobutu
I think I've made my retirement plan based on the pricing.

Step 1: Save a lot
Step 2: Move to Russia with all my savings after retirement
Step 3: Profit :)
Smannesman: Because New Zealanders have all that LoTR money.
Not from sheep farming they don't ;)
mrkgnao: "The Witcher 3, Game + Expansion Pass" costs $14.99 in Ukraine and $85.99 in New Zealand. Why is that?
Only the publishers and maybe GOG too know that and I guess that neither of them will answer here.
Piracy. Due to lower income levels Ukrainians need a lower price than Westerners in order to convince them to purchase the game instead of pirating it, whereas the premium that New Zealanders are charged reflects our greater honesty and moral superiority compared to most other countries, which is being sorely abused here to squeeze a few more dollars from us.
mrkgnao: "The Witcher 3, Game + Expansion Pass" costs $14.99 in Ukraine and $85.99 in New Zealand. Why is that?
because there's more sky over Russia then it is over Poland

My turn. What did you think of the substantive answers you got on that other thread?
Because there are regional prices.
If you belong to a rich region, you can be poor but you will pay a lot for everything.
Just out of curiosity.. as no pricing scheme is actually fair to all the people all the time (except perhaps very cheap flat pricing, but I suppose that's not fair to the seller) would people be happy to get prices based on their actual income?

Obviously for such a thing to exist you would need some way to verify what your income was (such as submiting your tax returns or something) as self verification would render it pointless and it would probably be too complicated and expensive to manage to make it feasible.
But, hypothetically, would people be happier with that, even though it means submiting sensitive information to get a fairer price?
Hunter65536: I think I've made my retirement plan based on the pricing.

Step 1: Save a lot
Step 2: Move to Russia with all my savings after retirement
Step 3: Profit :)
But it doesn't cost $14.99 in Russia. It costs $14.99 in Ukraine. In Russia it costs $28.29.

Bonus question:
"The Witcher 3, Game + Expansion Pass" costs $14.99 in Ukraine
"The Witcher 3, Expansion Pass" costs $14.99 in Ukraine
How much does the game cost?
Post edited March 08, 2016 by mrkgnao
Brasas: because there's more sky over Russia then it is over Poland

My turn. What did you think of the substantive answers you got on that other thread?
Some made more sense than other. I quite liked your "abusive practices" theory.
One is fairly rich safe region and the other is war-torn country. Don't you think they deserve some solidarity?

Or maybe it is just because publishers always like to take a piss with NZ and charge them most of all the world constantly.
mrkgnao: But it doesn't cost $14.99 in Russia. It costs $14.99 in Ukraine. In Russia it costs $28.29.

Bonus question:
"The Witcher 3, Game + Expansion Pass" costs $14.99 in Ukraine
"The Witcher 3, Expansion Pass" costs $14.99 in Ukraine
How much does the game cost?
Ah, I guess Ukraine it is then. I guess I will be setting myself up for cancer from the radiation but still totally worth it.

Does that mean you could get the game for free? Buy game + expac and ask GOG to refund expac?