It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: Damn, damn, damn, damn...
I already overwrote my copy.
Shame on you, GOG, for not warning us.
TheJoe: http://scummvm.org/downloads/#extras

hi.
Thank you, but I only play GOG games.
They probably changed it due to a bug I sent support about Lure of the Temptress and the latest ScummVM.
Is there a list somewhere of games with the 2.0 installer that have the uninstall bug or those that are known to be fixed?

Gabelvampir's list is helpful, but is it complete?

Getting a GOG notification when this bug is fixed seems like a very good thing. (And re-using version numbers is a very bad thing.)
mrkgnao: Thank you, but I only play GOG games.
... The GOG version WAS ScummVM in a GOG installer. This is a legit install, authorized by the copyrigiht owners. So go grab it.
Foxhack: ... The GOG version WAS ScummVM in a GOG installer. This is a legit install, authorized by the copyrigiht owners. So go grab it.
It isn't any more. It is now DOSBox and the floppy disc version.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, misread, you mean what the GOG version was, and what the SCUMMVM page actually is, rather than what GOG's version now is.

Yes, go get it from ScummVM page now. In fact, that is where I first got Beneath a Steel Sky from, along with Flight of the Amazon Queen.
Post edited April 07, 2013 by korell
I know it isn't anymore, I said that so mrkgnao would grab the ScummVM version. :p
Well that's disappointing. I wonder what the reason was? I can't imagine why since BASS CD-version if free at ScummVM's site.

I know it's a lot to ask, but I kind of wish GOG gave a heads up about these kinds of things.

Does Revolution still have the rights? Maybe they want to do something with BASS in the future to prepare for BASS 2.
Fuzzyfireball: They probably changed it due to a bug I sent support about Lure of the Temptress and the latest ScummVM.
What bug was this?

Also, if GOG are changing ScummVM games to DOSBox games, does that mean we need to watch out for the other non-free ScummVM games, like Simon The Sorcerer 1 and 2? Just in case they get changed to floppy disc versions instead of CD versions?

Hmm, checking other games now, Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business has changed from 476MB to just 388MB, again both the installers stating version number 2.0.0.5.

So, any idea what has happened to the other 88MB? Way too big to just be a fix to the installer.
Foxhack: ... The GOG version WAS ScummVM in a GOG installer. This is a legit install, authorized by the copyrigiht owners. So go grab it.
It has nothing to do with being legit or not, I just prefer to use only one venue for my games.
I just wish GOG were as loyal to me as I am to them.
I was thinking it was maybe overkill and I was being silly but I've been keeping the old installers even though I also download the updated ones. The thought being, when I get around to playing something I will check into which one i ought to install then and why.

Guess it isn't such a silly idea after all.
mrkgnao: It has nothing to do with being legit or not, I just prefer to use only one venue for my games.
You don't need an account to download the games from the ScummVM site, they are just freely hosted standalone archives. You may need to install ScummVM separately though (I haven't used that site in a good many years).
dirtyharry50: I was thinking it was maybe overkill and I was being silly but I've been keeping the old installers even though I also download the updated ones. The thought being, when I get around to playing something I will check into which one i ought to install then and why.

Guess it isn't such a silly idea after all.
What a big hard drive you must have to keep multiple copies of the (same and differently named) installers.
My GOG collection is 630 GB without duplicates. I'd probably need 10 times as much to keep a history of installers.
Not to mention the hassle of downloading things to different directories (or renaming) for same-named files.
mrkgnao: It has nothing to do with being legit or not, I just prefer to use only one venue for my games.
korell: You don't need an account to download the games from the ScummVM site, they are just freely hosted standalone archives. You may need to install ScummVM separately though (I haven't used that site in a good many years).
It has nothing to do with accounts, I simply prefer to use only one venue for my games.
My user name is spelled M-R-K-G-N-A-O, but it's pronounced "stubborn".
Post edited April 07, 2013 by mrkgnao
Fuzzyfireball: They probably changed it due to a bug I sent support about Lure of the Temptress and the latest ScummVM.
korell: What bug was this?
Pathfinding was screwed up. Everyone got stuck and acted like idiots. I haven't checked yet but I bet Lure is also running on Dosbox now as well.

Honestly I don't mind that they run on DOSBox, as long as things actually work. I got so frustrated with Lure I almost broke something.
Okay, so I've had a look inside the new Jagged Alliance 2 installer.

The old JA2 2.0.0.5 installer was 476MB.
The new JA2 2.0.0.5 installer is 388MB.

Extracting them, they both decompress to about 652MB. The actual game files appear to be identical. The only differences I've found are:

The new installer has a non-expired digital signature.
The new installer does not contain signtool.exe (a Microsoft digital signing tool).
The new installer contains a picture of a rabbit (see the attachment).

None of these changes make any difference to the game itself, so I can only assume that other changes are install script code changes. As for the 88MB difference, I can only guess at better compression rate as the game's installed files seem to be the same.

As for the rabbit, I guess it is just a hidden "Easter Egg" for those who go extracting GOG's installers.
Attachments:
korell: As for the rabbit, I guess it is just a hidden "Easter Egg" for those who go extracting GOG's installers.
The rabbit is cute :)

Carry on with the detective work and ignore this post.