It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: Or are you just backing up everything?
Each Friday, I spend about an hour to queue everything to the downloader, and notice what it decides to download again. Then I spend the weekend re-hashing the files.
mrkgnao: Or are you just backing up everything?
JMich: Each Friday, I spend about an hour to queue everything to the downloader, and notice what it decides to download again. Then I spend the weekend re-hashing the files.
Worthy endeavour indeed. Please post your weekly findings here for those of us who would rather not use the downloader.
When Driver first started downloading, since there were older files in the download directory (bad archiving on my part it seems), I posted here. When NWN started downloading, I couldn't find older files, thus was worried abotu the integrity of the HDD. Planescape did the same, and I wasn't fast enough to check the digital signature, but POD's signature was ok both before and after the download. Thus why I mentioned it here.

Usually, others have already mentioned the updated files.

As for the database, I do upload it to my Skydrive, link should be in one of my previous posts here.
I do the same thing on most Fridays, and got many installers that the Downloader wanted to download without a change in the version number. As many of the files it downloaded were broken I thought the Downloader is broken and stopped everything until I can figure out what's going on after work or over the weekend.

Installers it wanted to re-download were most of my 2.0 games, i.e. Baldur's Gate 2, Chronicles of Riddick. Conquest of the New World and so on
Gabelvampir: I do the same thing on most Fridays, and got many installers that the Downloader wanted to download without a change in the version number. As many of the files it downloaded were broken I thought the Downloader is broken and stopped everything until I can figure out what's going on after work or over the weekend.

Installers it wanted to re-download were most of my 2.0 games, i.e. Baldur's Gate 2, Chronicles of Riddick. Conquest of the New World and so on
Sigh...
Do I need to redownload 500 games now in order to update my backups???
Changelog, o changelog, where art thou?
This is ridiculous.
I get it that GOG doesn't want to spam users with update notifications on games for simple installer changes. However these silent updates without version number change are really annoying.
I'm OK with silent updates as long as the version number is incremented.

Downloaders that don't do any checking on the file before resuming can corrupt the old installers.
For example my downloader currently just assumes that the file is incomplete and resumes downloading. Now because there has been a silent update it will download parts of the new installer to the end of old installer. This obviously corrupts the installer.

This makes maintaining backups of all up to date installers really annoying.
I added some code to lgogdownloader that helps with maintaining backups but it's not ideal solution.
https://secure.gog.com/forum/general/lgogdownloader_gogdownloader_for_linux/post131
Been redownloading some of these, I'll post anything I notice.

Right now Beneath a Steel Sky no longer uses ScummVM, and some installers like Baldur's gate seem to show System Shock 2 off during the installation.
Should I post all off my games that got silently updated?
After much downloading and checking and re-downloading I have now everything functioning again, except for Fallout Tactics which is pretty broken right now (the intaller doesn't even start because it does not find some data file that shouldn't even exist).
Blitzkrieg apparently has a german installer now.
Gabelvampir: Should I post all off my games that got silently updated?
After much downloading and checking and re-downloading I have now everything functioning again, except for Fallout Tactics which is pretty broken right now (the intaller doesn't even start because it does not find some data file that shouldn't even exist).
Please do.
I do not use the downloader and have no way of identifying changes short of redownloading 501 games.
Fuzzyfireball: Blitzkrieg apparently has a german installer now.
How appropriate!
You mean a different file? Cause on Friday, while the language options were "English, German, Russian", there were only 2 installers. The English and the German one were the same.
JMich: You mean a different file? Cause on Friday, while the language options were "English, German, Russian", there were only 2 installers. The English and the German one were the same.
Blitzkrieg used to have the English installer and a German language pack. Now, it has a seperate German installer without the need to download a seperate language pack. Also, it's in the filename now :D
JudasIscariot: Blitzkrieg used to have the English installer and a German language pack. Now, it has a seperate German installer without the need to download a seperate language pack. Also, it's in the filename now :D
Grumble, as soon as I finish getting my backups up-to-date, you go ahead and (silently) release more.
Oh well, will update next Friday then.
JudasIscariot: Blitzkrieg used to have the English installer and a German language pack. Now, it has a seperate German installer without the need to download a seperate language pack. Also, it's in the filename now :D
JMich: Grumble, as soon as I finish getting my backups up-to-date, you go ahead and (silently) release more.
Oh well, will update next Friday then.
Check Blitzkrieg 2 as well :P