It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

March 27 - Blade of Darkness - Windows installer, German v. 2.0.0.5 [new]
fortune_p_dawg: Agreed. As someone who buys a TON of games here, this is annoying as hell. While I generally try to back-up everything a game comes with (Mac versions, language packs, etc) I've pretty much given up. I just get the English version of said title and its extras and be done with it. Too frustrating trying to completely keep up with it all.
mrkgnao: GOG, listen to this guy. He's your core customer type and he's getting frustrated. Do something about it!
Right on! And now GOG, I'm wondering whether or not I even have the right file variant backed up due to them not being marked. Maybe I spent hours downloading these titles and they were the wrong ones, but I wouldn't know that because they're not marked.
JudasIscariot tries to manage game updates using game subforums but it's a wrong way especially for people owning tons of games here. What we need is...meh...they don't give a sh.t what we need.
Post edited March 28, 2013 by tburger
tburger: JudasIscariot tries to manage game updates using game subforums but it's a wrong way especially for people owning tons of games here. What we need is...meh...they don't give a sh.t what we need.
Actually, yes we do. That is why we have an easy to use Contact Us page with a feedback option :D. So send us your feedback, whether it's positive or negative. Thanks :D
tburger: JudasIscariot tries to manage game updates using game subforums but it's a wrong way especially for people owning tons of games here. What we need is...meh...they don't give a sh.t what we need.
JudasIscariot: Actually, yes we do. That is why we have an easy to use Contact Us page with a feedback option :D. So send us your feedback, whether it's positive or negative. Thanks :D
Yes I could do this but what is the point of using it? Are you not aware that your update notification system is a complete failure. Is this problem new for GOG? This board is the ultimate and the only one feedback option you need.. Just start using it. This is a straightforward problem and I just don't get why you neglect to solve it. We don't need anything fancy. Plain txt file with changelog as a quick fix would be way better that this what we have now.
Just use the contact us page first, as easy as posting on this forum. The matter might be beyond the authority of the regular moderators here. Your feedback go directly to the upper hierarchy / related party, that's much better than second hand information. Who knows, maybe they not even monitoring this forum if it's not in their scope. That's why most video game official board usually has one and only thread for feedback. Which is not the case here on GOG since this is general forum, not specific to any title. We got tens or hundreds of feedback on this forum, it's hard to keep track every one of them. So i can understand why Judas and TET encourage user to use the official contact us form.

Also i can imagine this is not a problem where things can be changed overnight. There are tons of unique title here, it might take sometime for them to implement new system.
I have no idea when this happened, but ARMA II has updated to the newer 2.x installer.
JudasIscariot: Actually, yes we do. That is why we have an easy to use Contact Us page with a feedback option :D. So send us your feedback, whether it's positive or negative. Thanks :D
tburger: Yes I could do this but what is the point of using it? Are you not aware that your update notification system is a complete failure. Is this problem new for GOG? This board is the ultimate and the only one feedback option you need.. Just start using it. This is a straightforward problem and I just don't get why you neglect to solve it. We don't need anything fancy. Plain txt file with changelog as a quick fix would be way better that this what we have now.
Just to be honest :

the problem is the following :

Games which still have a v1 installer and got a v2 installer doesn't benefit to an update notification , here is the problem .

I don't believe they will fix this , since all games will have a v2 installer sooner or late -> i know it's an epic fail for this , especially if u have a lot a game (i have almost 240 games) , so it's a pain to track down each game when they got a v2 installer..... >_<..

Using the subforum of each game , is a complete waste of time for the users for this case , u better check ur game collection. Sorry for the person taking the time to post any infos about an update , but it's my opinion.

About the changelog for each game , i totaly agree, nothing fancy is needed , just a simple text is enough.
Post edited April 01, 2013 by DyNaer
I'd settle for just having the latest installer version number displayed by the download links. If I hadn't by chance started an ARMA II download, I would have never known the installer version changed as the version number is only displayed on the files themselves for some of the games currently. Also, displaying the entire version number (i.e. 2.0.0.xx) would help too so that we don't have to start a download just to check to see if those last numbers changed as they are not displayed even for the game download pages that do have version numbers displayed.

I also second the request for a changelog.
Yeah, just need the full version number on my shelf so I know.
haydenaurion: I also second the request for a changelog.
Get voting then :D
Way ahead of you guys. :)
"Dark Fall: The Journal" and "Dark Fall 2: Lights Out" removed from GOG's catalogue.
http://www.gog.com/forum/dark_fall_series/game_removed_from_sale/post1
mrkgnao: "Dark Fall: The Journal" and "Dark Fall 2: Lights Out" removed from GOG's catalogue.
http://www.gog.com/forum/dark_fall_series/game_removed_from_sale/post1
Ouch. That sucks :(