It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not that it's actual news anymore, but Fallout is again MIA.
HypersomniacLive: Not that it's actual news anymore, but Fallout is again MIA.
Yeah, it has been the case for about 3 hours. Still not back for me, by the way, though others report that they catch a glimpse of it every once in a while.
Post edited March 09, 2015 by Grargar
Yep, I'm guessing it has to do with Galaxy integration/testing but man.... so many on going highly visible customer facing website bugs that never seem to get fixed. I can only assume all of their developers are tasked with even higher priority tasks, but I hope their "careers" section is rife with web development openings (haven't checked) so this becomes a thing of the past some day. :)
high rated
skeletonbow: Yep, I'm guessing it has to do with Galaxy integration/testing but man.... so many on going highly visible customer facing website bugs that never seem to get fixed. I can only assume all of their developers are tasked with even higher priority tasks, but I hope their "careers" section is rife with web development openings (haven't checked) so this becomes a thing of the past some day. :)
It is, but I suspect that the demand to move to Poland is not particularly appealing to many.
From MaGog's logs for 9 March:

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Samaritan Paradox, The, downloadables, Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish (setup_the_samaritan_paradox_2.0.0.3.exe ***TO*** setup_the_samaritan_paradox_2.2.0.5.exe; Fri, 18 Apr 2014 08:15:28 GMT ***TO*** Mon, 09 Mar 2015 10:35:02 GMT; 172,702,360 ***TO*** 173,272,144)

NOTE! CHANGED Samaritan Paradox, The, file_size: 164 MB ***TO*** 165 MB
HypersomniacLive: It is, but I suspect that the demand to move to Poland is not particularly appealing to many.
That could be the case perhaps. I wonder if they are open to the idea of remote employees in other countries given someone with the proper qualifications to consider such. Some companies do this and don't like to advertise the fact lest people expect it is an option available to everyone or demand it. My former employer for example had a lot of remote employees (I was one myself), however over time they tried to centralize new hires with a strong preference for either Raleigh, NC or Westford, MA although they would often add new remoties also. The trend seemed to be that people who applied for a job were more likely to have to relocate to one of the HQs, while people they wanted to hire on their own bad enough they would extend the option of being a remote employee if they felt it would woo them and work out well.
high rated
it's a cat & mouse game >___> , nevertheless is back again ....
Post edited March 09, 2015 by DyNaer
From MaGog's logs for 9 March:

NOTE! NEW GAME 1424868751 Shelter 2
NOTE! CHANGED title: Shelter 2 [Upcoming] ***TO*** Shelter 2 Special Edition
[For some reason, GOG created a new catalogue entry today for "Shelter 2" and at the same time changed the existing "Shelter 2" entry (upcoming for the last couple of weeks or so) to "Shelter 2 Special Edition". This means that possibly anybody who had Shelter 2 wishlisted before today, now has Shelter 2 Special Edition wishlisted, not Shelter 2]

NOTE! MISSING file_size field for Shelter 2 Special Edition

NOTE! CHANGED Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora, sys_req_linux: Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17, Processor: Dual Core 2GHz Intel or 2.8GHz AMD, Memory: 2 GB RAM, Graphics: ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or better (256MB graphics memory or more. Shader Model 3.0 needs to be supported). Needs to have vendor-provided drivers, Hard Drive: 500 MB available space, Requires the following packages to be installed: libc6:i386, libasound2:i386, libasound2-data:i386, libasound2-plugins:i386 and dependencies, Notice: this game comes with a 32-bit binary only ***TO*** Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17, Processor: Dual Core 2GHz Intel or 2.8GHz AMD, Memory: 2 GB RAM, Graphics: ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or better (256MB graphics memory or more. Shader Model 3.0 needs to be supported). Needs to have vendor-provided drivers, Hard Drive: 500 MB available space
mrkgnao: For some reason, GOG created a new catalogue entry today for "Shelter 2" and at the same time changed the existing "Shelter 2" entry (upcoming for the last couple of weeks or so) to "Shelter 2 Special Edition".
The pre-order included all the stuff in the Special Edition, so that's what the initial game entry maps to. Though it was also weird in that state, because when I downloaded the stuff before the game was released, it went into two differently named folders than the actual release created. So I had the wallpapers and soundtrack twice, in two separate places, before I discovered that and deleted the old folders.
http://www.gog.com/forum/caribbean/caribbean_has_been_updated_to_version_1020
HypersomniacLive: It is, but I suspect that the demand to move to Poland is not particularly appealing to many.
skeletonbow: That could be the case perhaps. I wonder if they are open to the idea of remote employees in other countries given someone with the proper qualifications to consider such. Some companies do this and don't like to advertise the fact lest people expect it is an option available to everyone or demand it. My former employer for example had a lot of remote employees (I was one myself), however over time they tried to centralize new hires with a strong preference for either Raleigh, NC or Westford, MA although they would often add new remoties also. The trend seemed to be that people who applied for a job were more likely to have to relocate to one of the HQs, while people they wanted to hire on their own bad enough they would extend the option of being a remote employee if they felt it would woo them and work out well.
The problem is, who would work for Polish salary in US, Canada or other high cost/high pay countries? GOG can hire several personel with in Polland for one persons sallary in US/Canada for example. Heck you could probably hire entire developement studio in, say, India/China with single US/Cananadian programmer sallary.
From MaGog's logs for 10 March:

NOTE! CHANGED Caribbean!, file_size: 587 MB ***TO*** 0.8 GB
http://www.gog.com/forum/sanctuary_rpg_black_edition/sanctuaryrpg_has_been_updated_to_version_213
I see that there is an update mark to Avernum 2. Spiderweb games does not receive updates often as they generally are well made. No changelog yet.
Inny: I see that there is an update mark to Avernum 2. Spiderweb games does not receive updates often as they generally are well made. No changelog yet.
We're waiting for one ourselves :) Basically, the game got updated to version 1.0.1 :)