It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

From MaGog's logs for 18 November:

NOTE! CHANGED This War of Mine, file_size: 0.8 GB ***TO*** 735 MB

NOTE! CHANGED Witcher: Enhanced Edition, The, sys_req_mac: OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, Processor: Intel Core i5, Memory: 4 GB of RAM, Graphics: nVidia GeForce GT 650m (1440x900), AMD Radeon HD 6750M (1440x900) or Intel HD 5000 (1366x768), Hard Drive: 13.5 GB free space, Recommended system requirements - Mac: OS: OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, Processor: Intel Core i5 or Core i7, Memory: 4 GB RAM, Graphics: nVidia GeForce GT 650m (1440x900), AMD Radeon HD 6970M (1920x1080) or Intel Iris Pro 5200 (1440x900), Hard Drive: 13.5 GB free, Display compatibility notice: 1440x900 resolution is the recommended resolution for best performance. It is not recommended to use native Retina resolutions ***TO*** OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, Processor: Intel Core i5, Memory: 4 GB of RAM, Graphics: nVidia GeForce GT 650m (1440x900), AMD Radeon HD 6750M (1440x900) or Intel HD 5000 (1366x768), Hard Drive: 14.25 GB free space, Recommended system requirements - Mac: OS: OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, Processor: Intel Core i5 or Core i7, Memory: 4 GB RAM, Graphics: nVidia GeForce GT 650m (1440x900), AMD Radeon HD 6970M (1920x1080) or Intel Iris Pro 5200 (1440x900), Hard Drive: 14.25 GB free, Display compatibility notice: 1440x900 resolution is the recommended resolution for best performance. It is not recommended to use native Retina resolutions
Don't know if it already mentioned, gog updated the bookmark icon today.. Blue text and white background reminds me on the Galaxy logo, so maybe we will see some other updates coming very soon ;-)
DukeNukemForever: Don't know if it already mentioned, gog updated the bookmark icon today.. Blue text and white background reminds me on the Galaxy logo, so maybe we will see some other updates coming very soon ;-)
It is looking very Galaxy, isn't it? Personally I think it might look better with the colour scheme reversed - white on purple. It looks a bit placeholder with dark text on a white background.
Realms of the Haunting updated
justachap: Realms of the Haunting updated
French Mac and Linux versions added.
JudasIscariot: The only reason I can think of off the top of my head is because we added the French version of the installation text.
niky45: and then it just wants to redownload the whole 8.5+ Gb??

man, GOG really should start using diffs.... (differential downloads, where only the things that have changed are downloaded again, and not the whole file)
Unfortunately, they just wrapped new downloads into even larger files. 1.5~2GB per file was ok. Now, the max is 4GB. So even if they used differential downloads, there is not a reduced chance that a particular .bin does not need to be re-downloaded. Even with that, the new installer executable would need to know that the old and new .bin's are mixed (e.g. inconsistent file names). So, that's even more complicated. The only other way is if the downloader renames .bin's that don't need to be redownloaded.

Still, LOTS of downloading. Hey, if the game is running well, why bother??
high rated
Oh please, not again!

man, GOG really should start using diffs.... (differential downloads, where only the things that have changed are downloaded again, and not the whole file)
Conrad57: Unfortunately, they just wrapped new downloads into even larger files. 1.5~2GB per file was ok. Now, the max is 4GB. So even if they used differential downloads, there is not a reduced chance that a particular .bin does not need to be re-downloaded. Even with that, the new installer executable would need to know that the old and new .bin's are mixed (e.g. inconsistent file names). So, that's even more complicated. The only other way is if the downloader renames .bin's that don't need to be redownloaded.

Still, LOTS of downloading. Hey, if the game is running well, why bother??
It's also really irritating because their old split size was tuned to fit nicely onto DVD+Rs (eg. 3 x ~1.5GB) while an even 4000MiB will need to be padded out with ~480MiB of something else.
So Wasteland 2 has a Patch 4 out now, get to it GOG!
I just received a Witcher 1 update notification but cannot see what changed.

Anyonw know.

Regards MarkL
marklaur: I just received a Witcher 1 update notification but cannot see what changed.

Anyonw know.

Regards MarkL
Mac version. Don't bother downloading PC version, nothing changed here.
Thanks for answer, dont need the MAC version at this time.
Regards Markl

Conrad57: Unfortunately, they just wrapped new downloads into even larger files. 1.5~2GB per file was ok. Now, the max is 4GB.
wait, what?? it took TWO days of redownloading the same chunk again and again for simcity 4 to finally download... (and it has finished only because it decide itself to start from the beginning. else it would still be trying to redownload chunk 63 ) and that's a 1 Gb file.

and now they tell me I'll have to redownload 4Gb files for a game already works??

GOG, if you are reading this: you better fix this with the galaxy client. since my connection really can't handle this.

when a game updates on steam, it's usually a few Mb. not the whole 8.5 Gb (or a full chunk of 4 Gb, or even 1.5)
Conrad57: Unfortunately, they just wrapped new downloads into even larger files. 1.5~2GB per file was ok. Now, the max is 4GB.
niky45: wait, what?? it took TWO days of redownloading the same chunk again and again for simcity 4 to finally download... (and it has finished only because it decide itself to start from the beginning. else it would still be trying to redownload chunk 63 ) and that's a 1 Gb file.

and now they tell me I'll have to redownload 4Gb files for a game already works??

GOG, if you are reading this: you better fix this with the galaxy client. since my connection really can't handle this.

when a game updates on steam, it's usually a few Mb. not the whole 8.5 Gb (or a full chunk of 4 Gb, or even 1.5)
Hi! I hope my phrasing didn't mislead you a little. When i said they "just wrapped new downloads into...", I meant "just" in the sense of timing, such as, "just recently wrapped..." Also, my later comment was "Still, LOTS of downloading. Hey, if the game is running well, why bother?"

OUCH! Re-reading my post, it looks like I'm saying they re-sectioned the downloads with no other alterations (patches/updates). I didn't mean to imply that, especially because I don't know it. What I meant was, "If my game seems to work ok, then why should I bother downloading the new, huge, patched version." The answer is that it's individual preference. For that reason, I appreciate the "what's changed" threads in the forum, to help me decide if I should grab the new download or not. If my phrasing earlier mislead you at all, then I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply that they rebundled the downloads for no reason. Some of the newer downloads incorporated a previous patch. That much I do know because I have the older installer and patch, now replaced with just an installer. Also, it's not every game that's been rebundled. Some in my account still have a separate patch. From a managerial point of view, why rebundle the downloads unless also updating in some way. Just rebundling is a waste of effort.

That said, when it comes to redownloading a whole, huge thing, I feel your pain. I would greatly appreciate the old ~1.5GB-per-file. It saves a lot of trouble when replacing a single, corrupted file.

God Bless, have a good night (on this side of the planet) or day (over yonder).
HypersomniacLive: Oh please, not again!
this!!