It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: If you'd ask me, I think that unfortunately they don't really care anymore that much since Galaxy and its auto-update possibility.
That's not an excuse, the client is optional

Anyway i added an entry there : http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread/page1
high rated
mattymuc: Are update notifications broken again?!
I don't get any notifications since days, e.g. for Rebel Galaxy. I never got an update notification for Witcher 3.
How many decades does GOG need to fix this? ;-)
If you got TW3 via the nVidia promo or had pre-ordered it, you'll never get an update notification, as the game ID in your collection is different from the after-release one and is the one that gets flagged.

I inquired about this problem here, but have yet to get a reply. Given the time that has passed though, I don't think that I'll ever get one, it seems to be very low on GOG's TO DO list, if at all.

Don't know what the problem with Rebel Galaxy is as I don't have it.
mattymuc: Are update notifications broken again?!
I don't get any notifications since days, e.g. for Rebel Galaxy. I never got an update notification for Witcher 3.
How many decades does GOG need to fix this? ;-)
HypersomniacLive: If you got TW3 via the nVidia promo or had pre-ordered it, you'll never get an update notification, as the game ID in your collection is different from the after-release one and is the one that gets flagged.

I inquired about this problem here, but have yet to get a reply. Given the time that has passed though, I don't think that I'll ever get one, it seems to be very low on GOG's TO DO list, if at all.

Don't know what the problem with Rebel Galaxy is as I don't have it.
Yes I preordered TW3 to support GOG/CDPR. And because I preordered TW3 GOG punishes me with no update notifications? Why can't they fix this problem since month? I see so many people complaining about this TW3 update notification problem.

@Judas: can you help here?
high rated
mattymuc: Yes I preordered TW3 to support GOG/CDPR. And because I preordered TW3 GOG punishes me with no update notifications? Why can't they fix this problem since month? I see so many people complaining about this TW3 update notification problem.

I'm afraid it's worse than that - they're not punishing you, they just don't care enough to do anything about it.

I hope you have better luck getting Judas involved, he's the one that told me to post my question in the other thread.
mattymuc: Yes I preordered TW3 to support GOG/CDPR. And because I preordered TW3 GOG punishes me with no update notifications? Why can't they fix this problem since month? I see so many people complaining about this TW3 update notification problem.

HypersomniacLive: I'm afraid it's worse than that - they're not punishing you, they just don't care enough to do anything about it.

I hope you have better luck getting Judas involved, he's the one that told me to post my question in the other thread.
When Judas can't help, then nobody :-( I have given up asking the support-team because I usually never get an answer to this kind of problems.
"We are investigating the problem internally and will fix it ASAP. I apologize for any inconvenience caused."
ASAP = never
HypersomniacLive: I'm afraid it's worse than that - they're not punishing you, they just don't care enough to do anything about it.
*cough* that means the client isn't so optional as they claim *cough*
DyNaer: *cough* that means the client isn't so optional as they claim *cough*
But these are no news - unfortunately. It was quite obvious as they made the GOG downloader links quite difficult to access and stopped supporting the (still better than Galaxy working) GOG downloader. I am still a bit sad that they always speak of optional ehen clearly it is not. But the real sad thing about it is that I think they really still believe it to be. They don't see that they are pushing long buying customers in a corner.
MarkoH01: pushing long buying customers in a corner.
Yeah, like when I had absolutely no choice but to redownload Galaxy because left over crap from the early alpha stopped me from launching games.
I'm more annoyed about games that are missing updates/DLC all together, due to lack of care from GOG/dev's side. If it keeps happening I think I'll just take the 300 I have and be done purchasing.
MarkoH01: But these are no news - unfortunately. It was quite obvious as they made the GOG downloader links quite difficult to access and stopped supporting the (still better than Galaxy working) GOG downloader. I am still a bit sad that they always speak of optional ehen clearly it is not. But the real sad thing about it is that I think they really still believe it to be. They don't see that they are pushing long buying customers in a corner.
yes , but i'm still able to read : optional -> that doesn't mean the other(s) option(s) should be discarded.

fine for those who can use "properly" the client, but i can't & and don't want to , i didn't signed there for using a client.

Plus ,they don't even generate checksums for files downloaded through a third party downloader manager / web browser. Generating those checksums will give them a bit extra work but certainly not as much to continue to put links for the official downloader. which is discontinued.

lasty the constant lack of updates is just what i thought some months ago : they don't have enough ressources / mainpower to maintain the account section (web) & to continue the developpment of the client. The future will say if i'm wrong (i really hope i'm wrong, but at the rate i notice issues with my account that doesn't sound good :( )
Post edited October 28, 2015 by DyNaer
But the client doesn't even show the updates for stuff that isn't already installed so unless you have every single game installed and linked to client you still wouldn't know about updates. The lack of update flags sound more like sheer incompetence or laziness at this point.
From MaGog's logs for 27 October (part 1 of 2):

In case you hadn't noticed:
NOTE! MISSING GAME from catalogue: 1207664923 Divinity: Original Sin
NOTE! MISSING GAME from catalogue: 1207664903 Divinity: Original Sin - Source Hunter [DLC]
NOTE! MISSING GAME from catalogue: 1207659197 Pathologic

By now it should be obvious that if if you had wishlisted
Divinity: Original Sin (e.g. adaliabooks, babark, bler144, Celton88, croxxx, Enebias, Falci, Hardrada, HeDanny, Klumpen0815, LeoLR, mobutu, Nesoo, paladin181, PalioDeMonte, Pardinuz, PaterAlf, penumbren, phandom, phaolo, Roxolani, skeletonbow, thejimz, toxicTom, VampiroAlhazred)
or Pathologic (e.g. Aturuxo, mike_cesara, REDVWIN, RenKalan, skeletonbow, Thunderstone)
before the change , you might want to do it again

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Capitalism 2, downloadables, Windows installer, English (setup_capitalism2_2.4.0.10.exe ***TO*** setup_capitalism2_2.5.0.11.exe; ***TO*** 1.09 (gog-11); Fri, 20 Mar 2015 13:12:52 GMT ***TO*** Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:23:52 GMT; 66,444,032 ***TO*** 66,477,712)

NOTE! CHANGED Capitalism 2, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1207658722.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.09 (27 October 2015)
NOTE! ADD +++ fixed a bug with jewelry and watch stores which may occur after loading a save game.
NOTE! ADD +++ fixed a bug with your COO looking for better products which may occur after loading a save game.

[Almost needless to say: no flag]

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, downloadables, Windows installer, English+French+German+Polish+Russian (part 1 of 2) (setup_goodbye_deponia_2.1.0.10.exe; ; Wed, 05 Nov 2014 09:52:08 GMT; 31,517,784)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, downloadables, Windows installer, English+French+German+Polish+Russian (part 2 of 2) (setup_goodbye_deponia_2.1.0.10.bin; ; Wed, 05 Nov 2014 10:15:05 GMT; 3,452,663,500)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, downloadables, Windows installer, English+French+German+Italian+Polish+Russian+Spanish (part 1 of 2) (setup_goodbye_deponia_2.2.0.13.exe; 3.2.3320 (gog-13); Tue, 27 Oct 2015 10:53:01 GMT; 31,916,384)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, downloadables, Windows installer, English+French+German+Italian+Polish+Russian+Spanish (part 2 of 2) (setup_goodbye_deponia_2.2.0.13-1.bin; 3.2.3320 (gog-13); Tue, 27 Oct 2015 12:48:44 GMT; 3,735,984,810)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, downloadables, Patch 3.2 (patch_goodbye_deponia_2.1.1.11.exe; ; Thu, 20 Nov 2014 12:53:51 GMT; 680,689,456)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, downloadables, Patch 3.2.3320 (part 1 of 2) (patch_goodbye_deponia_2.2.0.13.exe; 3.2.3320 (gog-13); Tue, 27 Oct 2015 10:52:13 GMT; 882,832)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, downloadables, Patch 3.2.3320 (part 2 of 2) (patch_goodbye_deponia_2.2.0.13-1.bin; 3.2.3320 (gog-13); Tue, 27 Oct 2015 12:07:48 GMT; 2,361,517,016)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, downloadables, Polish language update (patch_goodbye_deponia_2.1.2.12.exe; 2.1.2.12; Fri, 03 Apr 2015 13:23:44 GMT; 688,427,688)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, downloadables, Mac OS X installer, English+French+German+Polish+Russian (deponia_3_2.1.0.6.dmg; ; Fri, 03 Apr 2015 13:37:29 GMT; 2,970,646,585)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, downloadables, Mac OS X installer, English+French+German+Italian+Polish+Russian+Spanish (deponia_3_2.2.0.7.dmg; 3.2.3320 (gog-7); Wed, 21 Oct 2015 13:43:27 GMT; 3,741,481,702)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, downloadables, Linux installer, English (gog_deponia_3_goodbye_deponia_2.0.0.2.sh; ; Tue, 04 Aug 2015 19:10:05 GMT; 2,962,385,217)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, downloadables, Linux installer, English+French+German+Italian+Polish+Russian+Spanish (gog_deponia_3_goodbye_deponia_2.1.0.3.sh; 3.2.3320 (gog-3); Wed, 21 Oct 2015 11:11:31 GMT; 3,727,617,431)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, downloadables, Patch 3.2.3320 [Linux] (patch_deponia_3_goodbye_deponia_2.0.1.3.sh; Wed, 21 Oct 2015 11:02:45 GMT; 789,485,033)

NOTE! CHANGED Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1207660233.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 3.2.3320 (27 October 2015)
NOTE! ADD +++ This update adds the Italian (voice + text) and Spanish (text only) versions of "Goodbye Deponia".

NOTE! CHANGED Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, languages: Audio and text: German, English. Text only: French, Polish, Russian ***TO*** Audio and text: German, English, Italian. Text only: Spanish, French, Polish, Russian

NOTE! CHANGED Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, file_size: 3.3 GB ***TO*** 3.4 GB

[Almost needless to say: no flag]

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Feist, all_files, Windows installer, English, dl_ver: 1.0.2 (gog-4) ***TO*** 1.0.2 (gog-5)

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Feist, all_files, Mac OS X installer, English, dl_ver: 1.0.2 (gog-5) ***TO*** 1.0.2 (gog-6)

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Feist, all_files, Linux installer, English, dl_ver: 1.0.2 (gog-5) ***TO*** 1.0.2 (gog-6)

NOTE! CHANGED Feist, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1437060567.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.0.2 (27 October 20115)
NOTE! ADD +++ In-game level timing – try to beat the levels as fast as you can
NOTE! ADD +++ 20 new achievements
NOTE! ADD +++ After completing the game or when enabling the option, we now show you how fast you completed a FEIST level and how often you got injured or died in the process. Try to best yourself to reach the end of a level as fast as you can or see if you can beat the challenging best times we’ve set for each level!
NOTE! ADD +++ In-game Level Timing

[I wonder why the version remained at 1.0.2]
From MaGog's logs for 27 October (part 2 of 2):

NOTE! Possibly CHANGED FILE Rebel Galaxy, all_files, Patch 1.04 (gog-4) [Windows], dl_ver: gog-3 -> gog-4 ***TO*** 1.03 (gog-3) -> 1.04 (gog-4)

[Probably just a display change]

NOTE! CHANGED Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1445516929.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Main features
NOTE! ADD +++ Bring RPGs back to the living room with dynamic split-screen support for consoles. Enjoy side-by-side co-op play with friends, family, and demons summoned from other-worldly planes
NOTE! ADD +++ Tired of your mouse and keyboard? Get full controller support for one and two players on all major platforms (PC, Mac, Xbox One, PS4)
NOTE! ADD +++ Hear the world come alive with full AAA voice-overs for all characters
NOTE! ADD +++ Enjoy a bigger and better story, with new quests, locations, and characters with new dialogue.
NOTE! ADD +++ Discover new battle styles with Dual Wielding, Wands, and Grenades
NOTE! ADD +++ Try new game modes including Explorer Mode (for players who want to focus on story and/or are genre novices) and Honour Mode (for experienced tacticians ready to face brutal encounters, puzzles, and new monsters)
NOTE! ADD +++ New and improved user interface, graphics, animations, sounds, and visual effects
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Controller:
NOTE! ADD +++ Full controller support for one and two players (allowing side-by-side play on all platforms)
NOTE! ADD +++ Dynamic split-screen support for side-by-side co-op play (all platforms)
NOTE! ADD +++ Sleek new UI for use with controller (all platforms)
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Audio:
NOTE! ADD +++ Full AAA voice-overs for all characters (over 350,000 words)
NOTE! ADD +++ New sound effects and improvements made to existing effects
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Design:
NOTE! ADD +++ Enhanced storyline with new quests and situations
NOTE! ADD +++ New areas, characters, dialogue, and quests
NOTE! ADD +++ Main quest revamped to include more characters, more events, and more adventure
NOTE! ADD +++ A new ending, with a reworked and expanded plot
NOTE! ADD +++ Existing quests updated and polished
NOTE! ADD +++ Storyline background expanded
NOTE! ADD +++ Companions now banter and argue with one another
NOTE! ADD +++ New styles of play: Dual Wielding, Wands, and Grenades
NOTE! ADD +++ Dual wield daggers, wands, and other one-handed weapons. Invest skill points in the new Dual Wielding ability to improve your proficiency.
NOTE! ADD +++ Hurl elemental, area of effect, status-setting, and damage-causing grenades. This comes with the new Bombardier ability, letting you spend skill points to improve your proficiency.
NOTE! ADD +++ Wands are brand new one-handed ranged weapons dealing elemental damage. They come pre-charged with an additional powerful skill that the player can invoke 1-4 times, depending on his or her Wand skill level. The skill also determines your attack range with wands (from barely-out-of-melee to bow-level).
NOTE! ADD +++ New game difficulty modes:
NOTE! ADD +++ Explorer mode. Formerly "Casual," Explorer players will face less-fierce enemies and enjoy a higher chance of knocking them dead, freeing up the player's time to discover, craft, sleuth, and travel outside of combat.
NOTE! ADD +++ Classic mode. Formerly called "Normal mode."
NOTE! ADD +++ Tactician mode. A brand new game setting that features smarter, stronger enemies to challenge combat-oriented players.
NOTE! ADD +++ Honour mode. All the challenge of Tactician mode, but in Honour mode you only have a single save and a single life (no resurrecting!) at your disposal. If your character goes down, it's game over.
NOTE! ADD +++ Tactician and Honour modes feature re-designed encounters and puzzles, including new mechanics, monsters, skills, and challenges. Enemy AI is more intelligent and designed to defend against past players' most commonly-used tactics.
NOTE! ADD +++ New traps have been added, making tactics, puzzles, and simply moving around in the world more challenging than ever.
NOTE! ADD +++ New skills and skill system
NOTE! ADD +++ New tiered skill system ('Novice', 'Adept', 'Master') allows you to learn devastating new abilities as you progress in your chosen school of magic
NOTE! ADD +++ 15+ new skills featuring custom animations and damage
NOTE! ADD +++ Improved AI and encounters
NOTE! ADD +++ Existing encounters have been improved and re-balanced to provide a more consistent experience throughout all zones
NOTE! ADD +++ Now includes upgraded AI to better counter the player’s tactics
NOTE! ADD +++ Updated system makes crafting more intuitive
NOTE! ADD +++ New creatures
NOTE! ADD +++ Elemental Wards, Enchanted Armours, Bolt-stricken Zombie, Arcane Vortex, Nether Jester, Poison Slug, Spitfire Totem, Void Crystal, Oilskin ExploSkeleton, Soul of Desperation, Angry Chest
NOTE! ADD +++ New cut scenes added and old cut scenes improved
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Balancing and Gameplay:
NOTE! ADD +++ Skills have been rebalanced and redistributed into skill schools in more cohesive themes
NOTE! ADD +++ Balancing changes have made mid- and late-game combat more dynamic and engaging
NOTE! ADD +++ Existing abilities and talents have been rebalanced
NOTE! ADD +++ Weapon ability progression has been updated to differentiate play styles based on weapon types (e.g. the 'Two-handed weapons' theme now focuses on slow weapons that do monstrous damage with each strike, while 'Dual Wielding' is centered around unleashing a hail of rapid blows on your enemies)
NOTE! ADD +++ Vendors offer more variety and sell better loot
NOTE! ADD +++ Magical items are built up differently
NOTE! ADD +++ Items' use requirements have been revised
NOTE! ADD +++ Economy (gold value and rarity of all items) has been revised
NOTE! ADD +++ Treasure generation and traders have been overhauled to be less random and use a system that guarantees better variation in drops over time
NOTE! ADD +++ Weapons, armour, shields, potions, and statuses have been rebalanced
NOTE! ADD +++ Our top secret formulas that calculate hit chances, crit chances, damage, armour, blocking, and more have all been carefully revised and improved
NOTE! ADD +++ 'Saving throws' formula has been improved
NOTE! ADD +++ New items and item combos added for creating wands and grenades
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Graphics:
NOTE! ADD +++ 360-degree camera, with improved art assets for viewing at all angles
NOTE! ADD +++ Reworked visuals for improved performance
NOTE! ADD +++ Textures were updated to improve performance
NOTE! ADD +++ DirectX 11 was added, which improves performance.
NOTE! ADD +++ Because of these changes, the game now only works on 64-bit Operating Systems
NOTE! ADD +++ New animations and effects
NOTE! ADD +++ New animations for new weapon types (wands and dual wielding)
NOTE! ADD +++ New effects and animations for new skills, but also enhanced existing skills
NOTE! ADD +++ New custom animations for all NPCs
NOTE! ADD +++ New animations for new creatures and destructibles
mrkgnao: NOTE! MISSING GAME from catalogue: 1207659197 Pathologic
Also note that the extras for the original version are not included in the new HD release, the two versions show up as different products on your shelf with different extras (just like the Fallout series).
Tannath: Also note that the extras for the original version are not included in the new HD release, the two versions show up as different products on your shelf with different extras (just like the Fallout series).
Interestingly, the game's page seems to indicate otherwise. I wonder if GOG will edit the page's description or add them upon release to the new version.
Tannath: Also note that the extras for the original version are not included in the new HD release, the two versions show up as different products on your shelf with different extras (just like the Fallout series).
Grargar: Interestingly, the game's page seems to indicate otherwise. I wonder if GOG will edit the page's description or add them upon release to the new version.
Unlike the Fallout series, which changed publisher and probably has some licensing issues with the old extras, in this case I don't see why the new version shouldn't include the old extras.