It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wurzelkraft: Maybe we should start with having update markings that work for added/changed extras. As of now the items are not marked and you have to look yourself which extra was updated after all. I noticed it again today when I found an update flag for Tzar. :/
That's not supposed to be happening. Usually when I tag something with an update, it should be showing what was changed.
GaminggUy45: Same here even if the change isn't note worthy i still like being up to date on all my installers
SLP2000: Be aware that in some cases old installer is better, because some fixes broke the game (King's Bounty case, I think it's solved already, but it took a long time to fix it).
What other games broke when they moved to v2.0 installers?
http://www.gog.com/forum/blackguards_special_edition/blackguards_special_edition_mac_has_been_updated_to_version_1233102
http://www.gog.com/forum/teslagrad/teslagrad_has_been_updated_to_version_11_pc_mac
SLP2000: Be aware that in some cases old installer is better, because some fixes broke the game (King's Bounty case, I think it's solved already, but it took a long time to fix it).
Niggles: What other games broke when they moved to v2.0 installers?
I don't think it is an issue of stuff getting broken by new installers themselves. I recall the installers for Infinity Engine games were replaced when a Direct Draw fix was made to each game for newer versions of Windows to correct some display issue or issues. I cannot remember now what the issue was but I recall being glad I'd kept my original installers which are now no longer available since they don't have this fix. I'm too lazy to go looking into that now but there was one case of being glad I'd kept the old installer just in case. This wasn't about the installers though. It was about changes made to my games.

The installers do not matter, only the games do. The installers do not break games and if they do that gets fixed and I'm sure we'd be notified here if that happened.

At this point I still follow this thread with interest for new updates, changes, etc. and appreciate Judas's posts here but I don't obsess or fuss over installers anymore myself. I got what I got and good enough. When it is time to install and play a game I check if there's been any changes to the game itself and get the newest version then if warranted or else I just install what I have locally and I don't care if it is an old or new installer. "Classic" billboards in old installers have a certain charm, you know? ;-)

To me life is too short to be anal about which installer version you have. It just doesn't matter really. It is the game that gets installed that matters. If that hasn't changed, who cares? Not me. I can see why GOG does not bother advertising every installer change, tweak, billboard update or whatever. For most people it would just add confusion at the worst and be useless information at the best.

Anyway, the installers stuff is over now isn't it? So this thread can just be about the games and not their installers hopefully.

And they all lived happily ever after installing and playing games from GOG.com. :D
SimCity 2000 was updated from 2.0.0.14 (I think) to 2.0.0.15 for anyone that wants to know, but I have no idea when that happened as I hadn't checked for awhile.
Something, something, Darklands .... something, something, complete.

Darklands, not sure what.
jlebel: Something, something, Darklands .... something, something, complete.

This explains all the updates :)
Aaahh... because of my circumstances, this gets annoying. I'll see if I can get it sorted out.

JudasIscariot: This explains all the updates :)
Thank you. For some reason it didn't occur to me to check the front page.
Far out, now instead of all those ghost going "Boo!" they go "Le Boo!"
Wow, we now have the German version of Master of Magic? That one is of great historical interest, and a must for masochists. It's not quite as bad as "All your base are belong to us", but still, if you translate "Conjurer" (for a special class of mages) into something that means "thimblerig" or "prestidigitator" ... ;)
Psyringe: Wow, we now have the German version of Master of Magic? That one is of great historical interest, and a must for masochists. It's not quite as bad as "All your base are belong to us", but still, if you translate "Conjurer" (for a special class of mages) into something that means "thimblerig" or "prestidigitator" ... ;)
You forgot Darklands!

Wood Elves....always forgetting something :P

JudasIscariot: This explains all the updates :)
Thanks a lot. I saw 7 updates and figured I ought to check here first before peeking into seven forums, etc.

The after the fact support to enhance the games for more people is really great. Nice job. :D

Things have come a long way on the communication front thanks to your efforts too Judas. Thank you very much for that also.
Post edited February 05, 2014 by dirtyharry50
high rated
JudasIscariot: That's not supposed to be happening. Usually when I tag something with an update, it should be showing what was changed.
Odd, it does not and has never worked like that for me - checked on a number of browsers, both vanilla and with tweaked settings (add-ons & plugins, etc.) I only get the general update flag and then have to figure out what exactly was updated - that's why I heavily rely on this thread and the announcements you make in the individual games forum and why I wish the whole update notification system would work differently/ in more details.