It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

muntdefems: Merci bien! :)
De rien ;)
high rated
Added the CrossCode [In Dev] changelog to the game forum.

DeMignon added the </span></i>, <i><span class="bold">[url=https://www.gog.com/forum/virginia/changelog/post2]Virginia and Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem [In Dev] changelogs.
high rated
Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm got the French language version:

Changelog for update (added 03 March 2017):

- Added the French version of Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm to everyone's accounts.
- Added the French manual.
- We would like to say "Un grand merci!" to Lukin86 who donated the French version of the game and the manual.
Post edited March 03, 2017 by PaterAlf
high rated
The Spellforce 2 will appear in the next batch of updates. For the time being there's only this:

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· Hearthlands

Hearthlands has probably changed

>>> Compatibility changed *FROM* Please note: There is a known compatbility issue with Nvidias GeForce Game Ready driver 378.49; please roll-back to an earlier version, or update to Nvidias GeForce Game Ready driver 378.57 *TO* [empty]
high rated
Last updates from MaGog's logs for 3 March:

· Orwell
· Orwell Deluxe Edition [Premium]
· Orwell Original Soundtrack [DLC]
· Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm
· Torment: Tides of Numenera - Immortal Edition [Premium]
· Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem [In Dev]

A game has probably been added: Orwell

A game has probably been added: Orwell Deluxe Edition [Premium]

A game has probably been added: Orwell Original Soundtrack [DLC]

Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm has probably changed

>>> System requirements for Windows changed *FROM* Windows XP, 1.8 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended), 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended), 4GB HDD, Mouse, Keyboard *TO* Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, Processor: 1.8 GHz or faster, Memory: 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended), Graphics: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0c, Hard drive space: 4GB, Mouse, Keyboard

>>> Supported languages changed *FROM* Audio and text: English *TO* Audio and text: English, French

>>> Bonuses changed *FROM* manual, wallpaper, soundtrack, 2 avatars, 12 artworks *TO* manual, manual (French), wallpaper, soundtrack, 2 avatars, 12 artworks

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Windows installer, French (part 1 of 2) --- File name: setup_spellforce2_dragon_storm_french_2.0.0.9.exe --- File size: 31.8 MB --- Date: Fri 03 Mar 2017 15:10:52 GMT --- Version: 2.01 (gog-9)

* File added: Windows installer, French (part 2 of 2) --- File name: setup_spellforce2_dragon_storm_french_2.0.0.9-1.bin --- File size: 3.1 GB --- Date: Fri 03 Mar 2017 15:13:08 GMT --- Version: 2.01 (gog-9)

* File added: manual (French) --- File name: spellforce_2_dragon_storm_manuel_french.zip --- File size: 7.4 MB --- Date: Fri 03 Mar 2017 14:23:02 GMT --- Version: [empty]

[CHANGELOG ADDED]
Update (03 March 2017)

- Added the French version of Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm to everyone's accounts.
- Added the French manual.
- We would like to say "Un grand merci!" to Lukin86 who donated the French version of the game and the manual.
(Full changelog)

Torment: Tides of Numenera - Immortal Edition [Premium] has probably changed

>>> Supported OS changed *FROM* Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10) *TO* Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10) and Mac OS X (10.9.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04)

Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem [In Dev] has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 4) --- Size has not changed (1.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 0.3.6 *TO* 0.3.7

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 4) --- Size has not changed (4.0 GB) --- Version *FROM* 0.3.6 *TO* 0.3.7

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 4) --- Size has not changed (4.0 GB) --- Version *FROM* 0.3.6 *TO* 0.3.7

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 4 of 4) --- File size *FROM* 521.0 MB *TO* 711.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 0.3.6 *TO* 0.3.7

[NO CHANGELOG]
muntdefems: Patch 1.06. ;)

From MaGog's logs for 30 November:

[Part 1 of 2]

A game has probably been added: Rogue Wizards

DEFCON has probably changed

>>> Compatibility changed *FROM* Please be advised that Windows 10 operating system will receive frequent hardware driver and software updates following its release; this may affect game compatibility *TO* Please be advised that Windows 10 operating system will receive frequent hardware driver and software updates following its release; this may affect game compatibility, Multiplayer notice: In order to access the multiplayer you must first enter your unique cd-key that can be found under My Account. For more information please follow this link.
Under "My Account" where exactly? In Gmail? :) I'm not able to find any multiplayer key anywhere on the GOG website in my account, in Galaxy or elsehwere. Any pointers appreciated.
skeletonbow: Any pointers appreciated.
Usual place for serial keys. Just checked, I do have a key for DEFCON.
skeletonbow: Under "My Account" where exactly? In Gmail? :) I'm not able to find any multiplayer key anywhere on the GOG website in my account, in Galaxy or elsehwere. Any pointers appreciated.
I guess you are joking?
Well, the GOG's description indeed could be better.
JMich: Usual place for serial keys. Just checked, I do have a key for DEFCON.
I found it, but I wasn't aware of what the "usual place" is as it's been eons since I needed to look for one, and it was moved. :)

I can't imagine why they don't:

1) Put it in the top level menu on a game in the shelf rather than under "Download". I don't want to download anything.

2) It appears completely unavailable in Galaxy client, so someone has to navigate their game library both in Galaxy (if they're using it as GOG would prefer they do), and then navigate the website also.

Definitely not in the easiest most intuitive user friendly place IMHO. :)

Judas:

Pharoah+Cleopatra game installer manual download within Galaxy client throws a "server error" about the file being unavailable. Thought I'd mention it here in case that's easy-fix for ya.
Post edited March 04, 2017 by skeletonbow
muntdefems: Last updates from MaGog's logs for 16 January:

<snip>
Ceville has probably changed

>>> System requirements for Windows changed *FROM* Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7, 1.8 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended), 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0c, 2GB HDD, Mouse, Keyboard *TO* Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8.1 / 10, Processor: 1.8 GHz, Memory: 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended), Storage: 2GB HDD, 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0c, Mouse, Keyboard

>>> Compatibility changed *FROM* Please be advised that Windows 10 operating system will receive frequent hardware driver and software updates following its release; this may affect game compatibility *TO* [empty]

>>> Companies changed *FROM* Realmforge Studios / Kalypso Media Digital *TO* Realmforge Studios / Assemble Entertainment

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- File name *FROM* setup_ceville_2.0.0.8.exe *TO* setup_ceville_1.0.2_(9155).exe --- File size *FROM* 799.1 MB *TO* 893.1 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 23 Jan 2014 12:04:28 GMT *TO* Mon 16 Jan 2017 11:52:12 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0.2

* File changed: Windows installer, German --- File name *FROM* setup_ceville_german_2.0.0.8.exe *TO* setup_ceville_german_1.0.2_(9155).exe --- File size *FROM* 739.0 MB *TO* 833.3 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 23 Jan 2014 12:18:28 GMT *TO* Mon 16 Jan 2017 11:45:53 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0.2

[NO CHANGELOG]
Ok, a while ago Ceville was removed from the catalogue due to a change of publisher, and some months later the game returned to GOG which is always nice to see. What is confusing as hell though to someone who owns the game for a while and has already downloaded a copy of it a long time ago, is how to make heads or tails out of a new update of the game's executable where the version goes from:

Old: setup_ceville_2.0.0.8.exe
New: setup_ceville_1.0.2_(9155).exe

So newer versions of games now can use version numbers that are lower, or are they created via a random number generator now or something? :) Also, what is the significance of the (9155) there.

Ideally I'd like to know what the set of rules/guidelines are for having 2 versions of a game's installer and visually being able to determine which one is newer based solely on the filename. Is that even possible nowadays?

Are there any differences, changes, patches, updates to the game in the new installer? Aren't all GOG installers version 2.x to indicate installer version 2, or did GOG build this one using the old GOG 1.x installer?

Just trying to make sense out of the files in my game library and determine which files to keep and which to delete, or to keep all of them out of uncertainty.

Thanks in advance.
high rated
skeletonbow: What is confusing as hell though to someone who owns the game for a while and has already downloaded a copy of it a long time ago, is how to make heads or tails out of a new update of the game's executable where the version goes from:

So newer versions of games now can use version numbers that are lower, or are they created via a random number generator now or something? :) Also, what is the significance of the (9155) there.

Ideally I'd like to know what the set of rules/guidelines are for having 2 versions of a game's installer and visually being able to determine which one is newer based solely on the filename. Is that even possible nowadays?

Are there any differences, changes, patches, updates to the game in the new installer? Aren't all GOG installers version 2.x to indicate installer version 2, or did GOG build this one using the old GOG 1.x installer?

Just trying to make sense out of the files in my game library and determine which files to keep and which to delete, or to keep all of them out of uncertainty.
Judging by the difference in file size it's obvious that something has changed between the two versions, but I don't have the faintest idea what could that be.

As per the numbering system, this is a rather new system GOG has been testing with Mac installers for a little time now. From my discussions with Judas about the issue, I seem to remember that the 9xxx figure was supposed to be the new 'GOG version' (no idea about the rationale behind it), as well as a kind of suffix to the installer filename. This is the case for the new Ceville installer, but not for the GOG version, which is 1.0.2.

Most Mac installers nowadays use this new GOG-versioning system, but not all of them, so there doesn't really seem to be a universal pattern.

Anyway, here are some overdue updates from MaGog's logs for 4 March:

· Hollow Knight
· Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

Hollow Knight has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2) --- Size has not changed (1.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.0.0.5 *TO* 1.0.0.6

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- Size has not changed (1.1 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.0.0.5 *TO* 1.0.0.6

[NO CHANGELOG]

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove has probably changed

>>> Game title changed *FROM* Shovel Knight *TO* Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
skeletonbow: Ok, a while ago Ceville was removed from the catalogue due to a change of publisher, and some months later the game returned to GOG which is always nice to see. What is confusing as hell though to someone who owns the game for a while and has already downloaded a copy of it a long time ago, is how to make heads or tails out of a new update of the game's executable where the version goes from:

Thanks in advance.
GOG changed how it numbers game versions. The new number is Ceville's version number rather than GOGs installer number.
skeletonbow: Old: setup_ceville_2.0.0.8.exe

The new version scheme is more common and more clear in the software industry.
The 1.0.2 is the version number assigned by its developer, the (9155) is the build number.

Old GOG version scheme is misleading and VERY VERY strange.
For example, GOG used to bump version number like this:
2.1.0.7 -> 2.2.0.8 -> 2.3.0.9
The 0 is useless, and the increased 1 -> 2 -> 3 and 7 -> 8 -> 9 have duplicated role.
Even worse, GOG's offline installer often have typo in their version number, for example:
gog_renowned_explorers_more_to_explore_dlc_2.11.0.12.sh (GOG-12)
gog_renowned_explorers_more_to_explore_dlc_2.12.0.12.sh (GOG-12)

To follow GOG's internal version scheme, the updated file should be 2.12.0.13.sh (GOG-13).
GOG make A LOT OF this kind of typo/error.
:doublefacepalm:

Thanks guys, I haven't been following the thread since October so the new changes are totally new to me. I'm downloading on Windows rather than Mac, so I presume they're doing it on Windows now too, but only on random games it seems. Or if there is logic to it, it seems random until we can decode the magic. :)

I guess it may just take some getting used to and growing pains. Hopefully they update all installers with Galaxy integration to make up for it. :)
high rated
kbnrylaec: Old GOG version scheme is misleading and VERY VERY strange.
For example, GOG used to bump version number like this:
2.1.0.7 -> 2.2.0.8 -> 2.3.0.9
The 0 is useless, and the increased 1 -> 2 -> 3 and 7 -> 8 -> 9 have duplicated role.
Even worse, GOG's offline installer often have typo in their version number, for example:
I think the meaning of the numbers was as follows:
The 2 is for second version of installer. Change was sometime during October 2012 from what I recall. I think The Witcher 2 might be using a 3 instead, with 3 being for the EE while 2 for the older edition.
The second number is for major patches. Terraria 1.2 and 1.3 for example.
The third number is for minor patches. Terraria 1.3 to 1.31 would be a good candidate of changing the third number instead of the second.
Last number is GOG build number. If there was an incorrect manual for example and GOG replaced it, the last number would be the one to be changed, since it would be neither a major patch nor a minor patch.

Not sure if they were actually following said convention, but that was my understanding of what the different numbers meant.