It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adaliabooks: It still works if you're online in Galaxy, but doesn't detect whether you're logged into the website or not.
Well I'd call that good news, since we don't have a way to set the status to offline ;-)
Wow! Now I am ashamed of MY wishlist ;)
MarkoH01: Wow! Now I am ashamed of MY wishlist ;)
*chuckle* Mine can't get that long because I already own most of GOG's catalogue.
MarkoH01: Wow! Now I am ashamed of MY wishlist ;)
ssokolow: *chuckle* Mine can't get that long because I already own most of GOG's catalogue.
So YOU are the one giving Mr. Trump all his money? ;)
high rated
moonshineshadow: Well I'd call that good news, since we don't have a way to set the status to offline ;-)
More like Good news!™, really; it's only in chat, makes no difference on the forum. ;-)
ssokolow: *chuckle* Mine can't get that long because I already own most of GOG's catalogue.
MarkoH01: So YOU are the one giving Mr. Trump all his money? ;)
That's such a non sequitur that I can't figure out why it's supposed to be funny.
MarkoH01: So YOU are the one giving Mr. Trump all his money? ;)
ssokolow: That's such a non sequitur that I can't figure out why it's supposed to be funny.
Sorry, I did not want to offend you. I just wanted to point out that you must have spent a lot of money on GOG games if you own nearly the whole GOG catalogue. (and since Trump is well known for having much money I added the though that you might have given him all the money - maybe that was a bit stupid - simply scratch this).
Post edited January 22, 2017 by MarkoH01
ssokolow: That's such a non sequitur that I can't figure out why it's supposed to be funny.
MarkoH01: Sorry, I did not want to offend you. I just wanted to point out that you must have spent a lot of money on GOG games if you own nearly the whole GOG catalogue. (and since Trump is well known for having much money I added the though that you might have given him all the money - maybe that was a bit stupid - simply scratch this).
Ahh. The problem was the ambiguous "his" in "So YOU are the one giving Mr. Trump all his money?" which meant it could also be interpreted as "So YOU are the irresponsible spender giving away all his money?"

A better phrasing would be something like "So YOU are Mr. Trump's mysterious benefactor?"

That said, it's not really that much money if you're patient. I've been collecting since 2011 and I generally wait for things to be at least 75% off. It comes out to between $30 and $50 per month... and, by choice, I don't pay for cable TV or a smartphone plan or MMOs or various other budgetary drains a lot of people pay for.
Post edited January 22, 2017 by ssokolow
ssokolow: Ahh. The problem was the ambiguous "his" in "So YOU are the one giving Mr. Trump all his money?" which meant it could also be interpreted as "So YOU are the irresponsible spender giving away all his money?"
A better phrasing would be something like "So YOU are Mr. Trump's mysterious benefactor?"
That is what happens if you (meaning "me") try to communicate in a language which is not your native one. But I am glad that I could at least tell you what I meant.

ssokolow: That said, it's not really that much money if you're patient. I've been collecting since 2011 and I generally wait for things to be at least 75% off. It comes out to between $30 and $50 per month... and, by choice, I don't pay for cable TV or a smartphone plan or MMOs or various other budgetary drains a lot of people pay for.
I understand.
Post edited January 22, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Sorry, I did not want to offend you. I just wanted to point out that you must have spent a lot of money on GOG games if you own nearly the whole GOG catalogue. (and since Trump is well known for having much money I added the though that you might have given him all the money - maybe that was a bit stupid - simply scratch this).
Nah, it's a well known fact that Mr Trump is the main GOG investor so giving GOG your money is like giving money to Trump - mystery solved.
Post edited January 22, 2017 by zambrey
zambrey: Nah, it's a well known fact that Mr Trump is the main GOG investor so giving GOG your money is like giving money to Trump - mystery solved.
Nooooo! Say it ain't so! I don't wanna divest from GOG!
Johny.: No, you should be online if you visited GOG.com website. Unfortunately we can't check this on the weekend. :(
Any news on this? It's getting quite annoying....
What's the point of wishlisting 2\3 of the catalog? O_o
The "owned" tag is enough for him..
high rated
adaliabooks: Any news on this? It's getting quite annoying....
Agreed, it's been a week now, and having to check the forum to see if you should expect a reply from someone you sent a message to is getting pretty tiresome. More so when one's online status may simply be the result of them running GOG Galaxy.

Then again, it's been well past two months since the equally annoying redirecting to the front page bug was acknowledged by Johny., and not a word after that, in spite me inquiring about it several times.

And has the "Leave page" bug on game pages been addressed? Would be nice to know if it's OK to change that about:config setting back again.
I'll try to respond to your questions as accurately as I can. :)

Johny.: No, you should be online if you visited GOG.com website. Unfortunately we can't check this on the weekend. :(
adaliabooks: Any news on this? It's getting quite annoying....
I see - online status on chat is currently not bumped by website. There is an issue that requires a bit of the system to be reconstructed (read: not hackfixed ;) ). It concerns "only" chat and Galaxy Client friends list.

HypersomniacLive: Then again, it's been well past two months since the equally annoying redirecting to the front page bug was acknowledged by Johny., and not a word after that, in spite me inquiring about it several times.
This bug is acknowledged, but lower priority than other ones. :)

HypersomniacLive: And has the "Leave page" bug on game pages been addressed? Would be nice to know if it's OK to change that about:config setting back again.
I see it doesn't happen anymore.

When I dug into it out of curiosity last weekend - it turned out to be a weird youtube-originated bug that resulted in script load failure, that combined with our stats collecting script. Crazy stuff. :)
Post edited January 29, 2017 by Johny.