It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: I am not sure what's going on then. All I know is that I have visited the Ignition page with Firefox 50.1.0 just now in a separate tab and then closed the tab and nothing like that showed up.
Tyrrhia: It asked me the same thing on the recent Diluvion pre‐order page (up‐to‐date Chrome, by the way). Only once, though; I tried to replicate the issue, but I did not succeed.

Then, I tried in incognito mode—same issue! I clicked on “Stay” to see if I could trigger it again, but no. And the weird thing is it only did it once, too. I thought incognito mode was like a “fresh” instance (with no cookies and that kind of stuff), so why did it only do it once?
I can think of two possible reasons:

1. Maybe it's server-side state that sometimes gets messed up and then reset.

2. Maybe it is consistently broken, but it's specific to a certain server. Sites the size of GOG are load-balanced across multiple servers, after all. (That's why things like update flags appear in some parts of the site before others. It takes time for changes to propagate across the larger system.)
ssokolow: 2. Maybe it is consistently broken, but it's specific to a certain server. Sites the size of GOG are load-balanced across multiple servers, after all. (That's why things like update flags appear in some parts of the site before others. It takes time for changes to propagate across the larger system.)
This was also my thought.
I did see this with both Ignition & Diluvion game pages. Ignition closes normally for the moment...
Post edited January 11, 2017 by Gydion
Tyrrhia: It asked me the same thing on the recent Diluvion pre‐order page (up‐to‐date Chrome, by the way). Only once, though; I tried to replicate the issue, but I did not succeed.

Then, I tried in incognito mode—same issue! I clicked on “Stay” to see if I could trigger it again, but no. And the weird thing is it only did it once, too. I thought incognito mode was like a “fresh” instance (with no cookies and that kind of stuff), so why did it only do it once?
ssokolow: I can think of two possible reasons:

1. Maybe it's server-side state that sometimes gets messed up and then reset.

2. Maybe it is consistently broken, but it's specific to a certain server. Sites the size of GOG are load-balanced across multiple servers, after all. (That's why things like update flags appear in some parts of the site before others. It takes time for changes to propagate across the larger system.)
Ah, interesting. Thank you for the answer!
I can't access my library, my wishlist, or any of the sales pages at the moment when using Firefox. The spinning load circle just goes on and on.

I have reset Firefox, deactivated the plugins and then reactivated them one by one to find the culprit - and interestingly it is Grammarly that seems to, somehow, cause this - even if it really shouldn't do anything to prohibit gog from loading. I've no problem with it anywhere else so, for whatever reason, I'd guess it seems to conflict with how GOG does those server requests. Uninstalled / re-installed the plugin, too. Any idea how to dig down further?

Edit: One of the odd side-effects is, too, that the whole Account panel (including log in option) doesn't appear on the GOG main page - but does load when I click on community or support.
Post edited January 11, 2017 by Mnemon
HypersomniacLive: Some of the game pages, like the one of Afterlife and that of the newly added Ignition, seem to misbehave today - when I try to close them, I get the attached message.

Anyone else? I'm on the latest stable Firefox.
I use NoScript addon (only gog.com allowed) with Firefox and can reproduce this behavior on virtually every game page I visit.
When I additionally allow JavaScript from youtube.com and ytimg.com, this message box does not appear.
Mnemon: I can't access my library, my wishlist, or any of the sales pages at the moment when using Firefox. The spinning load circle just goes on and on.

I have reset Firefox, deactivated the plugins and then reactivated them one by one to find the culprit - and interestingly it is Grammarly that seems to, somehow, cause this - even if it really shouldn't do anything to prohibit gog from loading. I've no problem with it anywhere else so, for whatever reason, I'd guess it seems to conflict with how GOG does those server requests. Uninstalled / re-installed the plugin, too. Any idea how to dig down further?

Edit: One of the odd side-effects is, too, that the whole Account panel (including log in option) doesn't appear on the GOG main page - but does load when I click on community or support.
Huh. Interesting.
I don't use it, but from looking at the site it seems like it should only effect text boxes.. and I can't see why that might cause the library to spin like that...
Do you get any errors in the console or network tab when this happens?

What you're describing sounds like a failure of AngularJS (the account panel not appearing) so it's possible there is some kind of conflict or something between that and Grammerly... doesn't really seem likely though as they should operate in different scopes as far as I'm aware.

The only thing I can think of is if it's effecting the search box or new page boxes it may force the page to reload indefinitely (if it thinks the contents of the search box is changing for example)
high rated
moonshineshadow: You are really good at finding these personalized bugs ;-) [...]
And I'm not even trying! ;-P

But reading what others posted in the meantime, it'd appear that it's not all that personalised after all.

It still manifests itself, but not always and with no apparent pattern, except from this one - every single game page opened in the same tab suffered from this bug (Ignition, Samorost 3, Stronghold Crusader 2, Master of Orion 1+2, Master of Magic, and a few others; opened first game page, then randomly selected a game from the suggested list). On subsequent visits of these game pages, however, it was a mixed bag, even for the same game page.

HiasX: I use NoScript addon (only gog.com allowed) with Firefox and can reproduce this behavior on virtually every game page I visit.
When I additionally allow JavaScript from youtube.com and ytimg.com, this message box does not appear.
This is interesting, I also use NoScript but wonder if it's actually the culprit/related for the following reasons:

- NoScript hasn't updated since Dec 2016, and up until yesterday everything was fine.
- I don't always get it, even on the same game page (NoScript settings unchanged).
- I allowed youtube.com and ytimg.com, and still got the message.
- I got the message even on game pages that have no video, like Master of Orion 1+2 and Master of Magic. Why would it matter if youtube.com and ytimg.com are allowed or not?

Something else is going on, and I'm inclined to think that ssokolow is right.
I don't blame NoScript directly, but disabling 3rd party scripts can and mostly will have an impact on site behavior.

I'm no web developer myself, so the following can be utter nonsense.
But as far as I understand, the GoG script waits for the youtube api to initialize (what never happens if youtube scripts are disabled) and also registers a function to intercept the page close event that can be the reason for this very message.

If nothing helps, this setting worked for me as well:
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1067058
adaliabooks: What you're describing sounds like a failure of AngularJS (the account panel not appearing) so it's possible there is some kind of conflict or something between that and Grammarly... doesn't really seem likely though as they should operate in different scopes as far as I'm aware.
Ye - it was related to AngularJS, as I'd noticed last night. Just didn't respond to your post up to now and today (after not working for a week) it suddenly resolved itself ... which probably means someone fixed whatever was going wrong, silently, on GOGs side? (Thank you!).
adaliabooks: What you're describing sounds like a failure of AngularJS (the account panel not appearing) so it's possible there is some kind of conflict or something between that and Grammarly... doesn't really seem likely though as they should operate in different scopes as far as I'm aware.
Mnemon: Ye - it was related to AngularJS, as I'd noticed last night. Just didn't respond to your post up to now and today (after not working for a week) it suddenly resolved itself ... which probably means someone fixed whatever was going wrong, silently, on GOGs side? (Thank you!).
Huh, most likely. Glad it works again now :)
HypersomniacLive: Some of the game pages, like the one of Afterlife and that of the newly added Ignition, seem to misbehave today - when I try to close them, I get the attached message.
I get this message on every game card, but only when I do something on the page before I close it. Scrolling down a bit or selecting another screenshot of the game already is enough to trigger the message. When I do nothing on the game card before I close it the message does not appear.

Edit: Even clicking some link on the game card (to open it in another tab or window) already is enough to get this message on close. Is this some (broken) mechanism to track user actions?
Post edited January 14, 2017 by eiii
Same problem here in Google Chrome for the last few days. "Do you want to leave this site? Changes you made may not be saved".

Happens on every game card, I don't even need to scroll down or do anything on the page. Annoying.

Whatever new version of the website you released a few days ago, something is broken with it.
Post edited January 14, 2017 by ChrisSZ
HiasX: I don't blame NoScript directly, but disabling 3rd party scripts can and mostly will have an impact on site behavior.

But as far as I understand, the GoG script waits for the youtube api to initialize (what never happens if youtube scripts are disabled) and also registers a function to intercept the page close event that can be the reason for this very message. [...]
I'm no web-dev either, but I still doubt that any youtube scripts being disabled have anything to do with this bug - as I said, I was getting the message even with them enabled, and on game pages that it shouldn't matter as there are no videos, plus, just a few days ago, I was not getting any such message with them disabled.

HiasX: I[...] If nothing helps, this setting worked for me as well:
Cheers, I found this one while searching for an explanation/fix, and it sure did the trick.

eiii: I get this message on every game card, but only when I do something on the page before I close it. Scrolling down a bit or selecting another screenshot of the game already is enough to trigger the message. When I do nothing on the game card before I close it the message does not appear.

Edit: Even clicking some link on the game card (to open it in another tab or window) already is enough to get this message on close. Is this some (broken) mechanism to track user actions?
I doubt it's related to tracking, I was getting the message even without doing anything on the game page.

Just follow the instructions given in the link provided by HiasX a couple of posts above; GOG will still be broken, but at least it won't hassle you anymore.
HiasX: I don't blame NoScript directly, but disabling 3rd party scripts can and mostly will have an impact on site behavior.

But as far as I understand, the GoG script waits for the youtube api to initialize (what never happens if youtube scripts are disabled) and also registers a function to intercept the page close event that can be the reason for this very message. [...]
HypersomniacLive: I'm no web-dev either, but I still doubt that any youtube scripts being disabled have anything to do with this bug - as I said, I was getting the message even with them enabled, and on game pages that it shouldn't matter as there are no videos, plus, just a few days ago, I was not getting any such message with them disabled.

HiasX: I[...] If nothing helps, this setting worked for me as well:
HypersomniacLive: Cheers, I found this one while searching for an explanation/fix, and it sure did the trick.

eiii: I get this message on every game card, but only when I do something on the page before I close it. Scrolling down a bit or selecting another screenshot of the game already is enough to trigger the message. When I do nothing on the game card before I close it the message does not appear.

HypersomniacLive: I doubt it's related to tracking, I was getting the message even without doing anything on the game page.

Just follow the instructions given in the link provided by HiasX a couple of posts above; GOG will still be broken, but at least it won't hassle you anymore.
This message on closing seems to be a bug, we have some details about it. Sorry for the problems you're having!
HypersomniacLive: Just follow the instructions given in the link provided by HiasX a couple of posts above; GOG will still be broken, but at least it won't hassle you anymore.
Fun fact: There's currently a bugzilla thread proposing removing that "are you sure?" functionality permanently, where some of the people are adamant that If you can't auto-save, you're doing something wrong and If you're not auto-saving, you're doing it wrong.

(Ignoring things like the rising feasibility of in-browser image/video editors which produce massive amounts of data, the risk of localStorage/IndexedDB clutter left from sites users only visited once, etc.)

...they don't elaborate on how it's a hazard to novice users when they removed support for customizing the message years ago.
Post edited January 15, 2017 by ssokolow