It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HypersomniacLive: Here's why manual sorting was dropped [emphasis added]:

-- Manual sorting is no more. We have decided to skip this functionality because it was beyond our reach to deliver the quality we wanted to. [...]
HypersomniacLive: Now look at the "quality they wanted", and presumably achieved, for sorting by title, and order/placement of unbundled games.
Ah, yeah... And not even seeing any official comment here about the sorting issue though it's been going on for a while now.

Sent a support message too, just in case they needed more pestering...
Post edited February 24, 2018 by Cavalary
As far as I can see (it's easiest to judge with the title order) the first section of games on a page are fine and then you get a random selection of other games at the end.

I have 187 games and page one there is a definite split after 80 properly sorted games, and then 20 random.

On the second page it looks like there are 24 random and the other 63 are properly sorted.

And it reminds me very much of when I tried to get the multiple pages and manual sorting working in my script and the AJAX calls were returning too quickly or slowly.
Now GOG sorts server side, so whatever is happening isn't down to javascript issues like I had, but I presume something similar could be happening server side and the first lot of games arrive and are sorted properly but then the last 20 appear after the sorting has occurred and are just dumped at the end.

It could well be GOG are messing with library to implement page options (how many games per page) or new sorting options... or it could just be one of those odd bugs.
adaliabooks:
I have them sorted by tag and notice the issue from the first games, see shots.

(1, 2 and 5 because page loads 3 and 4 only had differences starting on line 3.)

Interestingly, when I first checked it was literally the first games that differed, first 3 usually, now those seem fine.
Attachments:
1.jpg (325 Kb)
2.jpg (324 Kb)
5.jpg (332 Kb)
adaliabooks:
Cavalary: I have them sorted by tag and notice the issue from the first games, see shots.

(1, 2 and 5 because page loads 3 and 4 only had differences starting on line 3.)

Interestingly, when I first checked it was literally the first games that differed, first 3 usually, now those seem fine.
Interesting... there doesn't seem to be any particular overall pattern then, though the pattern seems to be the same each time for each of us (or close to anyway)
high rated
Reply to the support request:

"We are aware of this issue and currently it is under investigation. For now please try ignoring this bug and focus on the amusement that our games bring you :D

Thank you for your understanding~"

Had asked about an ETA for a fix and a reason why it happened, got neither. But ah well.
Cavalary: Ah, yeah... And not even seeing any official comment here about the sorting issue though it's been going on for a while now.
MarkoH01 said he or she had heard from Judas:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/my_account_seems_to_be_playing_musical_chairs/post38
kbnrylaec: The sorting algorithm of GOG Library keep changing.
I reload 3 times and get 3 different sorting results.
As of today i'm having the same problem.

I've never experienced anything like this before, had the library sorted by purchase date and now its all just random.
Post edited February 25, 2018 by 00063
Topics I've participated in list back down to just 5 and no way to see more. Had grown to I think 20 since this last happened. But probably the result of the GOG Games one being deleted?
When posting in a thread, site doesn't take me to the post I just made, instead goes to the top of the page.

Anyone else experiencing this?
HypersomniacLive: When posting in a thread, site doesn't take me to the post I just made, instead goes to the top of the page.

Same here. I've been experiencing this at least since yesterday, but forgot to report it. Thanks for doing so. :)
HypersomniacLive: When posting in a thread, site doesn't take me to the post I just made, instead goes to the top of the page.

Happens in case of topics with deleted posts, or maybe particularly long ones too, when the post ends up on a new page. Easy version of the post not showing up at all if on a new page issue.
That said, just experienced the missing post if on a new page issue with my reply here :))

And may be that it happens on other threads too as of now. Wanted to test it with this reply actually, but...
Post edited February 27, 2018 by Cavalary
muntdefems: Same here. I've been experiencing this at least since yesterday, but forgot to report it. Thanks for doing so. :)
I wasn't on yesterday, so noticed it only now.

To open a support ticket or not to open...

Cavalary: Happens in case of topics with deleted posts, or maybe particularly long ones too, when the post ends up on a new page. Easy version of the post not showing up at all if on a new page issue.
That said, just experienced the missing post if on a new page issue with my reply here :))

And may be that it happens on other threads too as of now. Wanted to test it with this reply actually, but...
Nope, this is definitely a new bug - I just posted a couple of changelogs in game fora, none of those threads has deleted posts, nor is a long one, my post was the 3rd, 7th and 8th one.
Post edited February 27, 2018 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: Nope, this is definitely a new bug - I just posted a couple of changelogs in game fora, none of those threads has deleted posts, nor is a long one, my post was the 3rd, 7th and 8th one.
Yeah, just tested it myself and noticed, you're right.
HypersomniacLive: To open a support ticket or not to open...
I haven't. And, frankly, I wouldn't.

I mean, it's hardly an annoying change and there are other bugs I'd rather have GOG's Top Men™ working on than this particular one. Plus, maybe this is just a side-effect of them *actually* working on those other bugs. :P
high rated
muntdefems: I haven't. And, frankly, I wouldn't.

I mean, it's hardly an annoying change and there are other bugs I'd rather have GOG's Top Men™ working on than this particular one. Plus, maybe this is just a side-effect of them *actually* working on those other bugs. :P
Oh, you think that if I opened a support ticket GOG's Top Men™ would work on a fix?