It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

eiii: [...] If it only wouldn't be so sad...
That's exactly why the way MarkoH01 phrased it made me chuckle; the same message can often be conveyed in more than one way and tone.
Started a changelog thread in the Tooth and Tail. After clicking on the "Post my message" button, the tab got stuck at "Please wait. Processing", but in a sort of frozen state (no whirl or anything, see attached screenshot). But when refreshing the game's forum page, my thread showed as posted just fine, and it opens just fine.

This is the second time I've had this issue over the past ten days or so. I'm using both AF and BE, so not entirely sure if one of them has anything to do with this happening.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?
Attachments:
HypersomniacLive: Started a changelog thread in the Tooth and Tail. After clicking on the "Post my message" button, the tab got stuck at "Please wait. Processing", but in a sort of frozen state (no whirl or anything, see attached screenshot). But when refreshing the game's forum page, my thread showed as posted just fine, and it opens just fine.
Considering the amount of double posts we've had I assume you're not the only one...
adaliabooks: Considering the amount of double posts we've had I assume you're not the only one...
Cheers, I didn't make the connection, but it may well explain the duplicate threads I've seen.
Which in turn would mean that none of the community scripts have anything to do with it, and it is a GOG forum bug.
One more, that is.
adaliabooks: Considering the amount of double posts we've had I assume you're not the only one...
HypersomniacLive: Cheers, I didn't make the connection, but it may well explain the duplicate threads I've seen.
Which in turn would mean that none of the community scripts have anything to do with it, and it is a GOG forum bug.
One more, that is.
Yeah, we've had a considerable number of double posts from new users so I doubt it's AF or BE to blame.
HypersomniacLive: Started a changelog thread in the Tooth and Tail. After clicking on the "Post my message" button, the tab got stuck at "Please wait. Processing", but in a sort of frozen state (no whirl or anything, see attached screenshot). But when refreshing the game's forum page, my thread showed as posted just fine, and it opens just fine.
Knowing how long you are on GOG already and how active you are on the forums you just have been lucky so far. :P
I already had that before I even started to use AF and BE, so it definitely is GOG's forum software. Even worse is it that such "indefinitely hanging" post windows sometimes do post your message, and sometimes do not.
eiii: Knowing how long you are on GOG already and how active you are on the forums you just have been lucky so far. :P
I already had that before I even started to use AF and BE, so it definitely is GOG's forum software. Even worse is it that such "indefinitely hanging" post windows sometimes do post your message, and sometimes do not.
I'm not sure luck has all that much to do with anything - I very rarely start new threads (and that's when I experienced it both times), and use BE quick posts for practically everything else (rarely attach files); those only fail for known reasons (broken tags, exceeding characters/post limit, etc.).

Since I stumbled upon this very recently, I was wondering if the introduction of the new notification system has something to do with it, given that the forum software doesn't always play nice with the newer stuff. And the amount of duplicate threads we're also having recently, as pointed out by adaliabooks, may be because of the same bug. i.e. if it's an old bug, then something is causing it to surface more frequently as of recently.
HypersomniacLive: I very rarely start new threads (and that's when I experienced it both times)
Oh wait, I've overlooked that starting a new thread part. I seldom have started a thread myself, so I cannot really say if this is an old bug or not. My reply was meant for "normal" posts, so disregard it. Sorry!
Don't know if it's and old or new bug, but it's definitely a bug, and a persistent one at that.

I just created changelog threads in the Gothic series and Scanner Sombre game fora, and both got stuck at the same point as Tooth and Tail (screenshot provided), and both posted and open fine, just like the Tooth and Tail one.
This makes 3 out of 3 new threads creation suffering from this bug within the past two days.

I know the forum software gets hardly any love, but someone at GOG should look into this, and sooner than later, if for no other reason than sparing a dev that attempts to start an updates thread from getting hit by this.

This is the second time I've had this issue over the past ten days or so. I'm using both AF and BE, so not entirely sure if one of them has anything to do with this happening.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?
Ya i'm experiencing the same exact thing.
Post edited September 21, 2017 by user deleted
Using middle-click to open a link in a separate tab no longer works on the GOG site, which breaks the user interface expectations. I use and rely on this feature across the web all day every day. I hope this is considered a bug and not a "feature".

When I try to middle-click on a sale link to peruse games to buy and it doesn't open... well, I close the web page and move on to the next site in my list. Some people might view the web serially, but I for one view it in parallel and expect it to work.

Worse yet, they've disabled the right click context menu options for open in new tab somehow too? Awesome. Hopefully it's fixed by the next big sale so I can buy something. I wont go through the inconvenience right now though.

Please please please DO NOT break user interface standards that have existed forever.
You mean you try to middle-click a green button on the front page? If you want to open it in a new tab, click elsewhere but not the green button which is there for directly adding the game to the basket and so is no link.
skeletonbow: Using middle-click to open a link in a separate tab no longer works on the GOG site, which breaks the user interface expectations. I use and rely on this feature across the web all day every day. I hope this is considered a bug and not a "feature".

When I try to middle-click on a sale link to peruse games to buy and it doesn't open... well, I close the web page and move on to the next site in my list. Some people might view the web serially, but I for one view it in parallel and expect it to work.

Worse yet, they've disabled the right click context menu options for open in new tab somehow too? Awesome. Hopefully it's fixed by the next big sale so I can buy something. I wont go through the inconvenience right now though.

Please please please DO NOT break user interface standards that have existed forever.
Which link you're referring to?
The filters on sales never worked with middle-clicks (they never had spearate URL).
Post edited September 24, 2017 by Johny.
skeletonbow: Using middle-click to open a link in a separate tab no longer works on the GOG site, which breaks the user interface expectations. I use and rely on this feature across the web all day every day. I hope this is considered a bug and not a "feature".

Johny.: Which link you're referring to?
The filters on sales never worked with middle-clicks (they never had spearate URL).
Popular, New, Upcoming, On Sale, "DRM Free Content", "Fair Price Package", "Money Back Guarantee" are a few things that do not respond to middle-click and can not be opened in a new tab but act like they're otherwise a link visually.

I like to bring up a page, scan it for items of interest, then machine gun fire off middle clicks on everything of interest to load them all in background tabs, then I finish reading the page I'm on, continuing to open links in new background tabs as I go, then close page and go to the next page I opened previously, repeating until I've consumed everything. It is a workflow I've used for 13 years or so that I'm used to, so when it doesn't work with something it can be a bit frustrating. Maybe it is intended they work like this, but I don't care for it personally.
skeletonbow: Popular, New, Upcoming, On Sale, "DRM Free Content", "Fair Price Package", "Money Back Guarantee" are a few things that do not respond to middle-click and can not be opened in a new tab but act like they're otherwise a link visually.

I like to bring up a page, scan it for items of interest, then machine gun fire off middle clicks on everything of interest to load them all in background tabs, then I finish reading the page I'm on, continuing to open links in new background tabs as I go, then close page and go to the next page I opened previously, repeating until I've consumed everything. It is a workflow I've used for 13 years or so that I'm used to, so when it doesn't work with something it can be a bit frustrating. Maybe it is intended they work like this, but I don't care for it personally.
None of those are actually links... they just open content on the current page.
I actually prefer that they don't let you open them in a new tab, as many sites do and I often find (doing the same thing you do) that I've opened the same page four times and none of the content has even changed...

And as far as I'm aware, they've always worked like that and will never have allowed you to right click on them.