It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HypersomniacLive: Don't follow - a screenshot of what?
The page with missing Login button and Daily Deals.

Someone with internal knowledge of the page (like the devs) might see a pattern.
Post edited November 06, 2015 by toxicTom
toxicTom: I think I had almost the same "view" when one of the servers was blocked by NoScript.
There could be many issues. Broken navbar points to general error in Javascript that led to halt of the whole application. In 99% of cases it is because of missing some JS components, which are missing because of -- mostly -- broken assets (incomplete files). If you have blocked any cdns and we sent you our assets from those particular cdns, this error can occur. But it is still hypothesis.

Red messages in console would tell us more.

Tannath: ...
Thank you for all these details. I can't confirm this bug yet, but I will send it over to further examination.
Post edited November 06, 2015 by michal.czernow
michal.czernow: Thank you for all these details. I can't confirm this bug yet, but I will send it over to further examination.
No problem. If you guys need more details about the order, feel free to send me a PM.
michal.czernow: There could be many issues. Broken navbar points to general error in Javascript that led to halt of the whole application. In 99% of cases it is because of missing some JS components, which are missing because of -- mostly -- broken assets (incomplete files). If you have blocked any cdns and we sent you our assets from those particular cdns, this error can occur. But it is still hypothesis.

Red messages in console would tell us more.

[...]
OK, after quite some back and forth, the only red message in console is the following:
SecurityError: The operation is insecure. 7628c54-f6d660a.js:14:0
I also get quite a few along the lines of:
Expected media feature name but found '-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio'. 3111374-0e7c16f.css:1:XXXXX
Expected media feature name but found 'min-device-pixel-ratio'. 3111374-0e7c16f.css:1:YYYYY
where XXXXX and YYYYY vary, but these are not red, and I get these also in Firefox 41.0.2.

michal.czernow: [...]

Thank you for all these details. I can't confirm this bug yet, but I will send it over to further examination.
Could you also look into this issue?

Cheers
HypersomniacLive: It has been like this since the NSA's inception (see point 7.4 and related screenshot).
For some reason, every time you say NSA, the NAS comes to mind.
HypersomniacLive: Could you also look into this issue?
Aarklash: Legacy is a great game (for a non-turn-based game). Seriously.
Post edited November 07, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: For some reason, every time you say NSA, the NAS comes to mind.
[...]
Well, you were the one that coined the term.

mrkgnao: [...]
Aarklash: Legacy is a great game (for a non-turn-based game). Seriously.
I guess that should explain why I got a second copy more than a year after I first got it, eh?

I easily recreated this bug, by setting some cookies accessibility options, namely I ordered FF to ask me every time, when a domain wants to store a cookie. I needed to mark to remember my choice for .gog.com domain. Hope that will help.

michal.czernow: I easily recreated this bug, by setting some cookies accessibility options, namely I ordered FF to ask me every time, when a domain wants to store a cookie. I needed to mark to remember my choice for .gog.com domain. Hope that will help.
Is this something that can be set from the server side, perhaps a header to the client? or at least something which requires the client to make that choice consciously?
JDelekto: Is this something that can be set from the server side, perhaps a header to the client? or at least something which requires the client to make that choice consciously?
That's a question for Mozilla :), but I really don't think so. Having user's privacy options accessible from some server side would be just asking for trouble. Unimaginable.
Just as a really helpful note, there is a 3rd party tool I used to use before Telerik acquired it called "Fiddler", it's an excellent app which can capture the traffic both from your client browser as well as from the server and allow you to see what errors occur along the way.

The tool, available for free, can be found here. Having done Web development for some time, I can assure you that it will help find the 'missing' components from the page that requests them.

Cheers!
JDelekto: Is this something that can be set from the server side, perhaps a header to the client? or at least something which requires the client to make that choice consciously?
michal.czernow: That's a question for Mozilla :), but I really don't think so. Having user's privacy options accessible from some server side would be just asking for trouble. Unimaginable.
I agree with that, however, it seems one of those corner cases that law hasn't yet tromped. I should clarify, the server doesn't change them on the client side, just for the session.
Post edited November 07, 2015 by JDelekto
michal.czernow: I easily recreated this bug, by setting some cookies accessibility options, namely I ordered FF to ask me every time, when a domain wants to store a cookie. I needed to mark to remember my choice for .gog.com domain. Hope that will help.
Are you telling me that the problem lies with me clearing my cookies every time I close my browser?

if yes, this begs the question, why would GOG properly work in v.42.0, like it has in previous versions, only if I keep my GOG cookies?

Did I misunderstand you?
HypersomniacLive: Are you telling me that the problem lies with me clearing my cookies every time I close my browser?

if yes, this begs the question, why would GOG properly work in v.42.0, like it has in previous versions, only if I keep my GOG cookies?

Did I misunderstand you?
Well, think of this (it may or may not apply). We have a JavaScript application which reads from a user's local storage. If the item doesn't exist, the recommended plan of action is to create an object with appropriate defaults and save it. However, after so much development time, some developers forget to set appropriate defaults if they don't exist in certain areas of the application and it is prone to error.

I can usually detect this by deleting my cookies and local storage, then visiting the site as well as looking at any responses from Fiddler or any errors using the Developer Tools in Chrome. I usually find the problem fairly quickly from the client side, but that's because I know where and how to look.

Having worked on server code, I know that there are exceptions that happen on the server side or perhaps "garbage" returned back by service calls that may throw exceptions, but get gobbled up remotely.

Clearing your cookies or local storage may or may not affect the application. However, if the application relies on information from a cookie and doesn't validate the result, it could cause issues.
HypersomniacLive: Are you telling me that the problem lies with me clearing my cookies every time I close my browser?

Did I misunderstand you?
Really sounds like a corner case. Does you browser maybe clear cookies but leave "local storage" intact? What of you try a FF "private session"? This should be isolated.
HypersomniacLive: if yes, this begs the question, why would GOG properly work in v.42.0, like it has in previous versions, only if I keep my GOG cookies?

Did I misunderstand you?
Works fine in 32-bit v.42.0 for me after deleting all cookies & LSO.
I can't really comment on your setup in a meaningful way. I can only say this: clearing cookies won't break anything. What is more, I can't even recreate this bug with the same settings. Maybe gog.com domain was added to some list I am not aware of. Nevertheless, the bug was strictly because some JS code raised an Security Error. The JS code halted whole app, because the app was not even setup yet, so we couldn't catch it and disarm it. That is why whole UI wasn't very useable.