It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tremere110: I go to my library and apparently I have no games...
adaliabooks: Do you block any scripts or anything like that?
That could be it. I'm not blocking anything new so I don't know why my games aren't appearing now. I just checked with my phone and all my games are still there. Weird.
Post edited May 11, 2016 by tremere110
Well most of the site doesn't like me for the moment. Enabling cloudfront doesn't even help any either.
Allowing that particular Cloudfront URL seems to have fixed the "no 'Account' menu" & "no pics on front-page news posts" issues I noticed when loading up GOG.com after work earlier, but "Add or edit your post" windows don't seem to work quite like they used to -- the auto-formatting of quoted text (indentation, mainly) that normally occurs automagically after opening a reply window no longer happens, and the cursor doesn't even appear in the edit window until I click in it. This is a minor quibble, to be sure, but it's still annoying. Is anyone else noticing this?
HunchBluntley: Allowing that particular Cloudfront URL seems to have fixed the "no 'Account' menu" & "no pics on front-page news posts" issues I noticed when loading up GOG.com after work earlier, but "Add or edit your post" windows don't seem to work quite like they used to -- the auto-formatting of quoted text (indentation, mainly) that normally occurs automagically after opening a reply window no longer happens, and the cursor doesn't even appear in the edit window until I click in it. This is a minor quibble, to be sure, but it's still annoying. Is anyone else noticing this?
I see exactly the same, except that where I live (California), this is not considered "a minor quibble", but "a major disaster".
Post edited May 11, 2016 by mrkgnao
Hmmm, I'm not getting notifications for forum replies and my avatar won't change.

Someone else having a problem with the avatar?
high rated
Sigh.

External websites are like tattoos, they never stop at one. It'll will be 6 different javascript sluts you need to deal with before buying a game soon.

One of the great things was about gog was all on one fucking domain..

Sigh.
drinnen: External websites are like tattoos, they never stop at one. It'll will be 6 different javascript sluts you need to deal with before buying a game soon.

I love it when things are contained in one place. Having to allow completely unrelated sites I don't know, never have gone to, never will, and some sites I don't trust in order to access my content just is annoying. Worse is probably only 10% of the scripts downloaded are actually running while other sets of functions and tools are totally ignored, so you might download 10,000 lines of scripting and use a few hundred lines.

Doesn't make sense to me...
I can't even log in: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/log_in_not_working_wtf_is_is_going_on_now_gog
high rated
Johny.: Yes, we're using external service to measure and improve our performance and track errors on your (user) side.

In current moment I don't know whether it's possible for website to work with it blocked by noScript.
You could enable scripts from these domains to prevent JavaScript from crashing + help us improve performance and track errors.
With this new change, all features on GOG, aside from the forum and the contact us form, are unusable without enabling https://d3tvtfb6518e3e.cloudfront.net/2/angular-opbeat.min.js

Personally, I think the best way to improve performance is to not require javascript.
Nearly all features on GOG currently require javascript to function. Even making this forum post requires javascript.
More crucially, please allow users to use the account page to download purchased games without javascript. Even if this is just a fallback menu with a plain list of links, we should have the choice.

As for javascript errors, here are some scripts currently generating errors right now:

https://www4-static3.gog.com/js/683913e-7d4164c.js
This browser does not support Web Storage! Line11:Char106
g.setItem is not a function Line11:Char670
Each is generated once on every non-forum page, or every time one clicks on a game in the collection. However, when idling on the GOG main page, it generates the latter error every second.

https://www.gog.com/js/legacy30.js
This browser does not support Web Storage! Line5:Char28721
g.setItem is not a function Line5:Char29285
Each is generated once per forum page.

https://www.gog.com/www.defaults/-js/_min_global.ed4dfb14.js
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead. Line15:Char0
Generated once per forum page.

https://chat.gog.com/js/2fb8541-398fce5.js
Exception Line419:Char263
can't establish a connection to the server at wss://chat-broker.gog.com Line 12274:Char0

https://chat.gog.com/js/ea8c1e7-4c55ea0.js
"error, handle it somehow." null 0 Line3519:Char17
"error, handle it somehow." Object { error: "access_denied", error_description: "OAuth2 authentication required" } 401 Line3519:Char17
I'm unable to use the chat. The page exceptions, reloads, and repeats.
HunchBluntley: "Add or edit your post" windows don't seem to work quite like they used to -- the auto-formatting of quoted text (indentation, mainly) that normally occurs automagically after opening a reply window no longer happens, and the cursor doesn't even appear in the edit window until I click in it. This is a minor quibble, to be sure, but it's still annoying. Is anyone else noticing this?
Yes, I am noticing that. Also, the number by "ACCOUNT" doesn't seem to update until I reach the main page.
Amy_Stryke: Personally, I think the best way to improve performance is to not require javascript.
Nearly all features on GOG currently require javascript to function. Even making this forum post requires javascript.
More crucially, please allow users to use the account page to download purchased games without javascript. Even if this is just a fallback menu with a plain list of links, we should have the choice.
Agreed. Also, not requiring JavaScript would allow one to view the site with a text browser like Lynx, making it not necessary to start a GUI just to view this one web site.

(Also, JavaScript gets in the way of accessibility; not every Internet user can see or is using a monitor-like device.)
Post edited May 11, 2016 by dtgreene
Posted this in the "attachments" thread as well, but I guess it might be more appropriate here.

Just as a addition to that post, I'm not using any script-blockers or adblockers, and I'm using FIrefox 46 on Ubuntu.

Well, guess this explains why the "Attach" button's not doing anything.

Just inspected the object in Firefox, and it would appear that the HTML for the button is simply:
<div class="file_btn"></div>
And the CSS for the class is:
.file_btn {
float:left;
width:72px;
height:23px;
background:url(/www/forum_carbon/-img/forum_popup.e79e567a.png) no-repeat;
background-position:-1px -37px;
margin:0 0 0 1px;
cursor:pointer;
position:relative;
top:-3px
}
drinnen: Sigh.

External websites are like tattoos, they never stop at one. It'll will be 6 different javascript sluts you need to deal with before buying a game soon.

Sigh.
Exactly that. I hate external sites and that is worse for javascripts (which I must 'accept' already for using GOG.com). More trouble is coming and I fear this time, the GOG Soon! trademark will be this time really soon...
Ah GOG...
litek: It's fixed now.
eiii: It's not fixed for me. I still have to allow access to some cloudfront.net server to get the log-in button. And I do not really like to send my log-in data to some random server outside of GOGs domain.
It's not that we're sending anybodys log-in data to random server.
First of all - it's not sending anything to cloudfront - it's downloading a script from there, just as we would host this script on GOG.com - no difference here.
Secondly - Cloudfront is a "cloud" service to store assets and a lot of developers use it. GOG.com may have a lot more dependencies from external domains in the future, because why not?
Third thing is log-in doesn't work because whole JavaScript init crashes, not because exactly "log in" function needs this cloudfront script.

I'd advise you to not block it. :)

About "Attach images" button - I see it's broken and I know why. We'll fix it.
Amy_Stryke: (...)
Try to enable localStorage.
Johny.: About "Attach images" button - I see it's broken and I know why. We'll fix it.
Thanks for working on this. Need attaching.