It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Genre filters in personal game library are not working properly and don't show all games in genre. If I select role-playing example, only about half of the RPG's I own are shown. Missing games include individual and unbundled games as well as individual games from series so there is no pattern why some games show up and some don't. Multi-genre games may also show on under one filter setting but not on other. I've already reported this to GOG support, but tought I should let fellow GOGers know about it as well.
Post edited September 29, 2015 by Petrell
@Petrell Could you please specify games that are filtered in bad way? Also -- do you get the same wrong results in catalog?
And - the orders filters are fixed.
michal.czernow: @Petrell Could you please specify games that are filtered in bad way? Also -- do you get the same wrong results in catalog?
Using role-playing filter:

Avernum 1-6 (from Avernum: The Complete Saga)
Betrayal in Antara and Betrayal at Krondor (From Betrayal at Krondor Pack)
Geneforge 1-5 (From Geneforge Saga)
Two Worlds
Two Worlds II Velvet Edition and Two Worlds II Castle Defense (From Two Worlds 2: Epic Edition)
Depths of Peril
Drox Operative
Din's Curse
Wasteland 2 (WL1 shows, my WL2DE is Kickstarter reward version so problem must be there)
Spellforce 2: Demons Of The Past (3 other titles of the series show)
Sudeki
Risen
Risen 2: Dark Waters

...among others. I sent a longer list, including some examples of games missing from other genre filters with my support request.

Oh and do use reply feature next time so I get notified about reply to my post ;-p

Edit: It appears that problem is with limitation/implementation of GOG genre filters and apply both library and catalog. Only first genre game is set to is taken into account so Risen 1&2 (Action - Role-playing - Fantasy) will only show under action, not role-playing and The Lords of Midnight and Doomdark's Revenge (Role-playing - Strategy - Fantasy) show under role-playing but not under strategy. I hope GOG revises the filters as personally I find it confusing that I would have to look for ARPG's under action rather than role-playing or stategy game with role-playing elements under role-playing rather than stategy. Fact that games from same series may not show under same filter adds further confusion (like with Spellforce 2: Demons Of The Past above).

Avernum 1-6, Geneforge 1-5, Betrayal in Antara and Betrayal at Krondor not showing up under their primary genre filter appears to be bug caused by unbundling and problem with Wasteland 2 seems to be related to it being Kickstarter version.
Post edited August 24, 2015 by Petrell
We're on it. It's game specific rather than problem with whole system. For example Planescape Torment can be found with every genre it is assigned to.
michal.czernow: We're on it. It's game specific rather than problem with whole system. For example Planescape Torment can be found with every genre it is assigned to.
You can't search/filter those secondary/subgenres in library. Typing Fantasy into search box will result with list of games with "Fantasy" in their titles where as in catalog it shows those with in fantasy sub genre (and probably fantasy in their name). Those secondary/subgenres don't show up in pull down genre filter either. It only takes into account the first of the listed genres.

For example The Lords of Midnight has Role-playing - Strategy - Fantasy listed as it's genres. It will not show in stategy genre filter but does under role-playing. It also shows if you search for strategy (that's what those secondary secondary/subgenres are, search terms and they only work in catalog).

Same for say Risen 2 (Action - Role-playing - Fantasy) shows under Action but not role-playing filter from pulldown menu. Also shows up if you search for role-playing.

I also noticed another "problem" with Library genre filter. If I select multible genres, it shows all games in all selected genres (so selecting role-playing and stategy shows all role-playing and all stategy games) instead of narroving down the list (to only games with both terms) like is pretty much standard everywhere else in the internet.

GOG probably needs to revise whole filtering system at some point so users can filter library and catalog using multible genres (you can use up to two terms in catalog by using both filter and search term simultaneously but due to above mentioned filter limitation it won't show all games fitting to the category. In example using filter setting strategy and search term real-time would not include games with genres like Role-Playing-Strategy-Real-Time as filter only checks only first of the listed genres. You can't use search to find games with "real-time" and "stategy" either as far as I can tell. It provides no results.)
Post edited August 24, 2015 by Petrell
Johny.: And - the orders filters are fixed.
Yes, they seem to be working fine now.
So filters are fixed... if we report that gifting is broken will they fix it also? Because clearly it must be broken, since this great website would surely not want to prevent us from spending even more money here by gifting games to other people. Right? ;-)
DeMignon: Me too, but a bit disappointed about prioritization.
Why? This is the fresher, better GOG, after all.
moonshineshadow: So filters are fixed... if we report that gifting is broken will they fix it also? Because clearly it must be broken, since this great website would surely not want to prevent us from spending even more money here by gifting games to other people. Right? ;-)
I'll go ahead and take a chance!

Dear GOG, gifting broke. When will we see a fix? ;)
Recently the 'next' (i.e. rightward-pointing) arrow on a gamecard's screenshots started to vanish when you reached the last one. (Logical, but in practice it made it easy to enlarge the shot by mistake.) Today, it's back, but now 'next' from the first image points to the last, so the first and last image toggle to each other when you click 'next', and you have to scroll through the screenshots in reverse.
Post edited August 24, 2015 by VanishedOne
VanishedOne: ... 'next' from the first image points to the last, so the first and last image toggle to each other when you click 'next', and you have to scroll through the screenshots in reverse.
Known problem, fix will be introduced soon. For now I recommend to use right arrow key :).
Right now the forum is lagging like hell (again). Posts not showing up and therefore no new pages on threads despite new posts. *sigh*
Wurzelkraft: Right now the forum is lagging like hell (again). Posts not showing up and therefore no new pages on threads despite new posts. *sigh*
I think you can thank Bethesda for that. ;-D
HypersomniacLive: I think you can thank Bethesda for that. ;-D
Rather the web dev team. *cough* The persistent problem is now here to be seen by everyone. ;)