It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

te_lanus: Got this when opening my library.
System Shock. Two.
Seems legit.
A lot of reviews on the GOG game cards display raw HTML codes for me instead of showing the encoded characters. This is not broken just now, but since quite a while. I always thought this problem has been caused by taking over old reviews to the new GOG web structure. But as I see now I also get the problem with newly added reviews. A few examples from the game card of 8-Bit Armies to demonstrate what I mean:

"Command & Conquer meets the SNES."
"Eine gelungene RTS-Umsetzung, die auch auf älteren Grafikkarten recht gut läuft."
"More of this please an THX Westwood :>"
"It's literally 8 bit C&C."

I don't know if this is a problem on GOGs side or a problem how people submit reviews, but it would be nice if you could do something against it. It makes a lot of reviews hard to read.

Edit: And of course the forum interprets the HTML codes correctly and replaces them with the encoded characters. ;)
I'll try to rewrite the post to make the quotes look like as they look in the game card reviews for me ...
Post edited April 24, 2016 by eiii
eiii: A lot of reviews on the GOG game cards display raw HTML codes for me instead of showing the encoded characters. This is not broken just now, but since quite a while. I always thought this problem has been caused by taking over old reviews to the new GOG web structure. But as I see now I also get the problem with newly added reviews. A few examples from the game card of 8-Bit Armies to demonstrate what I mean:

"Command & Conquer meets the SNES."
"Eine gelungene RTS-Umsetzung, die auch auf älteren Grafikkarten recht gut läuft."
"More of this please an THX Westwood :>"
"It's literally 8 bit C&C."

I don't know if this is a problem on GOGs side or a problem how people submit reviews, but it would be nice if you could do something against it. It makes a lot of reviews hard to read.

Edit: And of course the forum interprets the HTML codes correctly and replaces them with the encoded characters. ;)
I'll try to rewrite the post to make the quotes look like as they look in the game card reviews for me ...
Hi!

Thanks for the heads-up. We're already working on fixing those pesky artefacts. I'll get back to you once we're done. :)

Cheers!
Rimmu: Hi!

Thanks for the heads-up. We're already working on fixing those pesky artefacts. I'll get back to you once we're done. :)

Cheers!
Good when the problem is already known (and does not affect only me :). Thanks for looking into it!
Games which have listed a release date of January 1 on their game card are shown with the wrong, preceding release year on the promo pages. Check the "Academy of Lucas Arts" promo page, it contains just 4 of these cases: Afterlife, Loom, Sam & Max Hit the Road and Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders.
Post edited April 25, 2016 by eiii
eiii: Games which have listed a release date of January 1 on their game card are shown with the wrong, preceding release year on the promo pages. Check the "Academy of Lucas Arts" promo page, it contains just 4 of these cases: Afterlife, Loom, Sam & Max Hit the Road and Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders.
Duly noted, thanks. :)
Guessing I'll need to log on here in Firefox to vote in the D:OS2 poll since it won't be fixed for IE, right? And glancing at that code, well, it's not the Google front page, but somebody sure seems to be trying to complicate it and be non-standard (the HTML validator says 207 errors).
eiii: Games which have listed a release date of January 1 on their game card are shown with the wrong, preceding release year on the promo pages. Check the "Academy of Lucas Arts" promo page, it contains just 4 of these cases: Afterlife, Loom, Sam & Max Hit the Road and Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders.
Rimmu: Duly noted, thanks. :)
It's only a very minor issue. But as I stumbled upon the discrepancy while I was wondering that Loom already is that old I thought I also could report it. :)
eiii: It's only a very minor issue. But as I stumbled upon the discrepancy while I was wondering that Loom already is that old I thought I also could report it. :)
I'll bet the issue is related to time zones. I know I've come up with some thorny issues when posting timestamps or datetimes to DBs where I have not (or cannot) set the local TZ, the system would (auto-magically) add four or five hours to the entry time. Yay, magic!

Thanks for keeping us on our toes, GMT!

---
Wasn't Loom one of the first games that had a CD-ROM optional version - for HQ music (and maybe copy-protection) , not that awful FMV stuff, right? Or am I remembering wrong.
Post edited April 26, 2016 by PincushionMan
eiii: It's only a very minor issue. But as I stumbled upon the discrepancy while I was wondering that Loom already is that old I thought I also could report it. :)
PincushionMan: I'll bet the issue is related to time zones. I know I've come up with some thorny issues when posting timestamps or datetimes to DBs where I have not (or cannot) set the local TZ, the system would (auto-magically) add four or five hours to the entry time. Yay, magic!

Thanks for keeping us on our toes, GMT!

---
Wasn't Loom one of the first games that had a CD-ROM optional version - for HQ music (and maybe copy-protection) , not that awful FMV stuff, right? Or am I remembering wrong.
I know Companions of Xanth does that (though I think it was the voice acting rather than the music which was conditional on the CD being inserted), but I'm not sure if Loom ever had a version like that. It's rather infamous for the PC CD version trimming down the dialogue so it could all fit, voice acted, within the CD Audio capacity of a mixed-mode CD-ROM.

(Which is why so many people want the FM TOWNS version as an option. As with Monkey Island's PC CD release, it took the original EGA dialogue and added CD music and VGA visuals.)
Post edited April 26, 2016 by ssokolow
Cavalary: Guessing I'll need to log on here in Firefox to vote in the D:OS2 poll since it won't be fixed for IE, right? And glancing at that code, well, it's not the Google front page, but somebody sure seems to be trying to complicate it and be non-standard (the HTML validator says 207 errors).
Thanks for bringing this up. I hope I'll have some good news for you soon. :)
Cavalary: Guessing I'll need to log on here in Firefox to vote in the D:OS2 poll since it won't be fixed for IE, right? And glancing at that code, well, it's not the Google front page, but somebody sure seems to be trying to complicate it and be non-standard (the HTML validator says 207 errors).
Rimmu: Thanks for bringing this up. I hope I'll have some good news for you soon. :)
Eh, logged on FF for it, and it'll end tomorrow anyway.
Rimmu: Thanks for bringing this up. I hope I'll have some good news for you soon. :)
Cavalary: Eh, logged on FF for it, and it'll end tomorrow anyway.
Welp, at any rate it should be fixed now. :)
Johny.: I've done some checks and the topics are not deleted, so no worry there (for example this one is not visible on the list unless you post in it). Number of pages is not relevant too - it's some date filter or DB query.
I've inspected when exactly this changed (thanks internet wayback machine!) and now we know where to investigate exactly.
Rimmu also did read your posts and added this as a bug, now with more details

Transparency FTW. :P
Rimmu:
More than two months have passed and this is has not been resolved yet...
Any update? Johny., Rimmu?
Post edited April 29, 2016 by mrkgnao
I'm sorry, but I guess there are no news on that topic. It's not as important as things we're currently working on - in my opinion.