It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: -snip-
I've had the "You can not trade with <person's name>" error on occasion; when it occurred using a web browser, trading worked again after logging out/clearing all Steam cookies etc. When it occurred in the Steam client, trading worked again after simply quitting and restarting the client. Apparently it's a fairly common error; IIRC I found those suggested fixes in some forum thread about it.
skeletonbow:
The other thing worth noting in regards to these errors:
I often get an error (16) when offering a trade.
I have no idea what this error is, but the trade is offered anyway, so it's just an annoying further little window to close...
Rodzaju: I have no idea what this error is, but the trade is offered anyway, so it's just an annoying further little window to close...
not always, just make sure to check trade offer status.
Post edited June 28, 2014 by sinugie
chean: I've had the "You can not trade with <person's name>" error on occasion; when it occurred using a web browser, trading worked again after logging out/clearing all Steam cookies etc. When it occurred in the Steam client, trading worked again after simply quitting and restarting the client. Apparently it's a fairly common error; IIRC I found those suggested fixes in some forum thread about it.
I tried logging out completely and exiting the client and also logging out of the website on both accounts, then logging back in. I had to do it twice but was finally able to accept a trade, thanks for the tip. Today when I woke up I tried to trade some items between my two accounts using different web browsers on the same computer and got the error again. I logged out of both, then re-logged back in and it worked the second time. Perhaps Steam is just being finicky about financial or trading transactions on computers/clients that have been left logged in and idle for some period of time or something like that, to protect someone against their computer being used by someone else.

In the end though I finally got it to work, so thanks for the tips!
Post edited June 29, 2014 by adambiser
adambiser: [H]
Summer Adventure Card 2 Foil

[W]
Summer Adventure Card 1 Regular
Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, but -- if sold on the Steam market (with the 15% Valve fees that includes) you'd be able to buy 9 or 10 regular no. 1's for what you'd get for that foil card; prices for the two right now are very close to 10 to 1.
Post edited June 28, 2014 by chean
dont buy (dont waste money on that!) just trade them , they are very easy to get if you have friends I bet someone have them (i got 50 friends and was able to get level 1 and I'm going for level 2 right now without buying anything just voting on games)
chean: Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, but -- if sold on the Steam market (with the 15% Valve fees that includes) you'd be able to buy 9 or 10 regular no. 1's for what you'd get for that foil card; prices for the two right now are very close to 10 to 1.
I've never bought anything on Steam's site, so I don't have access to Steam Market.
adambiser: I've never bought anything on Steam's site, so I don't have access to Steam Market.
Ah, I see. Well, if you still need that trade feel free to PM me -- though I'd have to get you a bunch of cards (summer or otherwise), to make it an even trade for the foil one. :)
Sirius1911: dont buy (dont waste money on that!) just trade them , they are very easy to get if you have friends I bet someone have them (i got 50 friends and was able to get level 1 and I'm going for level 2 right now without buying anything just voting on games)
Depends on how many badge levels you're making. You can easily get 2-3 levels of badges without buying cards, but there's a natural limit to "freebie cards" while there's no limit to badge level for this one (saw this the other day: Level 2750 Summer Badge o_O )
So Steam keeps encouraging me to vote and earn these silly cards; but even though I've had the account for over a year I'm considered a new user (just added a credit card to it) and I can't buy or sell or do anything with all these cards that expire in two days.
TrevorWilliams: So Steam keeps encouraging me to vote and earn these silly cards; but even though I've had the account for over a year I'm considered a new user (just added a credit card to it) and I can't buy or sell or do anything with all these cards that expire in two days.
I think you just need to buy something on Steam for 5 bucks, maybe 10 then the gates of Steam open to you.
TrevorWilliams: So Steam keeps encouraging me to vote and earn these silly cards; but even though I've had the account for over a year I'm considered a new user (just added a credit card to it) and I can't buy or sell or do anything with all these cards that expire in two days.
Prydeless: I think you just need to buy something on Steam for 5 bucks, maybe 10 then the gates of Steam open to you.
Not quite, there are some time restrictions in play:
Newly Added Payment Method

Only items and games that are purchased with trusted payment methods can be traded immediately; otherwise there is a 7 day cool down before they can be traded. The Steam Community Market will also be unavailable during the cooldown. Any payment method that has been used on the account more than 7 days ago is considered trusted.

Purchase Limitations

Your account must have a successful purchase older than thirty days, but not older than a year in order to access the Marketplace. The purchase of wallet funds qualifies for this requirement. Retail CD key activations do not satisfy this requirement.
From: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1047-EDFM-2932
Sheesh, that's a lot of waiting. They should at least let you trade them for events like these.
adambiser: I've never bought anything on Steam's site, so I don't have access to Steam Market.
chean: Ah, I see. Well, if you still need that trade feel free to PM me -- though I'd have to get you a bunch of cards (summer or otherwise), to make it an even trade for the foil one. :)
Sirius1911: dont buy (dont waste money on that!) just trade them , they are very easy to get if you have friends I bet someone have them (i got 50 friends and was able to get level 1 and I'm going for level 2 right now without buying anything just voting on games)
chean: Depends on how many badge levels you're making. You can easily get 2-3 levels of badges without buying cards, but there's a natural limit to "freebie cards" while there's no limit to badge level for this one (saw this the other day: Level 2750 Summer Badge o_O )
the money spent on steam from that guy...scares me D:
chean: Edit: heh, just crafted a summer badge and got a level 4 reward which currently sells for ~7-8€; nice to see that profit is actually a possibility with this stuff. ;)
I was hoping to score big too but I ended up with an item worth 5 cents =\