It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Mystery Games in Leprechauns’ Hats • 300+ deals up to 90% off

UPDATE: The Sale is coming to its end and Daedalic's catalog joins in for the final stretch, alongside steampunk dungeon-crawler Vaporum. Make sure to snatch your Leprechaun hats and sweet deals until March 19, 11pm, everyone!

Oh, Paddy, dear, an' did ye hear the news that's goin' round? It's the start of the GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale, lasting the whole week, I found!

Come join the festivities - we’re launching with 300+ deals up to -90%, and Leprechaun Hats full of great Mystery Games!

Since we’re all Irish this week, how about having some fun, and checking what the GOG Leprechauns have for us, hidden in their mystery Hats! Every Leprechaun Hat contains a Mystery Game that you don't own yet – it's a great way to discover something new and broaden your horizons. What's more, those Mystery Games that are also on sale cost more than the cost of a Hat, so you know you’re getting a great deal with every Hat you open. Check the FAQ for details.

And if you don’t trust in what the mischievous GOG Leprechauns will pick for you, choose from more than 300 deals, with discounts ranging up to -90%. We’ve selected for you some all-time classics, as well as the best games from recent years including Little Nightmares (-50%), Ys SEVEN (-25%), ABZU (-50%), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (-75%), Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition (-40%), STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II (up to -75%), Yooka-Laylee (-66%) and many more.

The GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale will last until March 19, 11pm UTC.
Seeing Planet Nomads so heavily discounted before its release proper makes me wonder if the developers have the means to finish the game :-S
Glad to see GOG venerating the great bishop of Ireland. 'Looking forword to the St. Expeditus sale (he's the patron of DRM-free merchants).
BTW, how many of us are actually Irish? :P
Ilona: Dear GOG - Add Hide owned games filter on front page PRETTY PLEASE !
It hurts my eyes to browse the huge wall of colorfull mess of owned games .
I use the gog barefoot essentials extension! Makes it a whole lot easier!

tinyE: BTW, how many of us are actually Irish? :P
I've got some Irish blood in me!
Themken: Seeing Planet Nomads so heavily discounted before its release proper makes me wonder if the developers have the means to finish the game :-S
This is the only title that I was looking for in this sale, I don't buy unfinished games though (IE: InDev/EA)
Post edited March 13, 2018 by takezodunmer2005
I really, really think it cheapens the brands they have.

First time, I got a PC game, despite having a Mac and only every downloading Mac games. I got a refund of GOG bucks, which was nice. Used it on the next hat style sale and got some junk.

Really? Now it happens every sale? No one is forced to do this, but it feels like a super tacky way to get more money.

contra_cultura: Honestly, GOG, if you need more money you could do much better. Look at Humble and their occasional and monthly bundles, or the other tons of sites offering discounts and tier-ed bundles, or for god's sake come up with something new but not these lottery sales. I understand nobody buys regularly most of the games you put into these hats or piñatas or whatever, and that for you it's easy coin, but man if you guys brag about gamer/user-friendly and DRM free practices, you've gotta know you're killing all your good karma (and in my opinion, trustworthiness) with this stuff.

I don't think I'll be buying more games here until this trend stops. I know you probably don't care and that's alright, but hey maybe the feedback helps (or maybe not). I've invested enough money and time on this site to care about it a little bit and take my time to post a few thoughts, but nowadays I'd rather buy my games on Humble and support charities than buying them here and indirectly promoting piñatas, hats, shoes or whatever stupid thing you come up with next.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I wish GOG would stop with the gambling-style lootbox type of sales. They are unethical.

And contrary to what the official marketing says, every game is not worth $3.49 or more to every user who pays for it, because "worth" is subjective and it varies from one individual to another, based upon whether or not a particular user has any desire to play that specific game. If a particular user has no zero desire to play a specific game, then for that user, that game is worth $0.
+1

You're better than this, gog.

The main reason for 'sales' like this is to take advantage of people who lack impulse control and overspend when it comes to games of chance. It may make you money, but it sure does not feel good. And seen how it seems to be turning into a regular thing, alienate a good portion of your supporters.
Post edited March 13, 2018 by erephine
*---Sigh---*

This again! I have had just about enough of this!
Very nice sale gog. Thank you :)

I do like the Hats, Pinatas etc. very much because I know I can't get any duplicates that I already own on gog.
But it would be even greater if you could also look into the steam account (which you already "connected") and sort those duplicates out, too. (maybe optionally for those that rather want to buy again for drm free goodness).

or better yet do another gog.com/connect (*wink, wink* *nudge, nudge* say no more)
A sale? A mild discount that we have seen many times already is a more appropriate term. Same games and same prices over and over. Where is Simon the Sorcerer and Death Gate discount?
micktiegs_8: Am I the only person disappointed that practically every Star Wars game is on sale except the amazing Battlefront 2? The STILL greatest Battlefront of all time?!??!
Thanks for mentioning this. Also, thanks for your various reviews. I have benefited from reading them.
kneekoo: [...] It would be nice if we could filter out the games we own, and sort the games by price and discounts, but I won't ask for such a feature because I have exactly zero faith of that being implemented. So if they wanted people to back off from suggesting stuff, they won on my account. I gave up. [...]
I agree: Everything is crap!
But at least wishing for such a feature is only two clicks away...
Oh no, nonono, I'm not falling for this mystery RNG BS again.
Post edited March 13, 2018 by ReynardFox
I like you GOG, I like you more then Steam, but please stop this RNG madness at once!
Leave the greed to others I beg you!
Nice sale. I'm probably going to get Crusader Kings, Alien versus Predator and Europa Universalis.

Regarding the lootboxes, I do agree that, as mentioned, manipulating prices in favor of the lootboxes and thus hurting regular buyers is a problem, but the solution doesn't have to be the complete removal of the lootboxes. Once this shady practice is eliminated, there is 0 problem.

I don't get why some people are so bothered by the RNG sales. You don't like them, don't buy them. Simple as that. If people didn't buy them at all, GOG would stop making them. It is obviously making enough profit for them so they are here to stay. If the sale was only lootboxes, then it would be a problem. But now you have a normal sale, which satisfies buyers that want certainty and RNG based system for people who like to risk a little. By screaming at them to remove it, believe it or not, it would make some people disappointed/miss the lootboxes. The fact that YOU don't like them and want them gone doesn't mean no one should have the possibility. Be a little considerate of others. And this is coming from a person that has never bought and will NEVER buy an RNG lootbox.
idbeholdME: Be a little considerate of others.
Being considerate of others is precisely the reason why neither GOG nor any other store should ever sell any random items based on gambling mechanics. That type of thing takes advantage of people who are addicted to gambling, and perhaps it also helps to form new gambling habits in people who did not previously have any.