It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: snip
I'll quickly jump in and say that there are valid reasons to vote gamerager, and I just don't see those reasons in SirP's wagon. I might be blinded by my previous town-clearing of him to where I am not seeing him from scum side, but I am willing to reread and rethink if necessary.
Of course, I'd be a bit embarassed if SPF is scum.
The only reason I see for GR's vote on SPF is "the wagon that isn't me" reasoning.

@ZFR iirc without looking, you stated you weren't willing to vote GR? If I am remembering correctly, please elaborate? If I got the name wrong but the facts correct, please speak up whoever you are!

Gotta IRL some more, so laters.

Cadaver747: snip
As you made up the term, please explain to us what you mean by "scum infernal?" I would appreciate your definition of the term.
Microfish_1: As you made up the term, please explain to us what you mean by "scum infernal?" I would appreciate your definition of the term.
The devil who play the role of an innocent sheep and laughing out hard each night during his/her kills. A sadist with no morals, a great pretender, a "scum from the hell".
Cadaver747: Yes, sorry for being a bit blunt (as in "straight" meaning), it's my usual self to use English words and to construct sentences *unorthodox* in a way. I'm aware of scum scheming and "manufacturing" thing, but I'm not THAT stupid to let it slip. I will not apologize for my English ever again and use it as an excuse in GOG Mafia games. If you (maybe not you particularly) feel that I could be a mafia because of this, fine with me. I still don't like the reasoning and expect some more of Pooka's insights, his reaction is interesting.
Well I'm certainly not going to keep pressing you on it if it's a linguistic mixup as your English is far better than my (nonexistant) Russian. I'll keep it in mind though as we have had slips passed off as linguistic issues in the past (for those reading who might remember it, I'm thinking of Blotunga's Saphiros thing from Captain Sapphire - The Movie).
SirPrimalform: Well I'm certainly not going to keep pressing you on it if it's a linguistic mixup as your English is far better than my (nonexistant) Russian. I'll keep it in mind though as we have had slips passed off as linguistic issues in the past (for those reading who might remember it, I'm thinking of Blotunga's Saphiros thing from Captain Sapphire - The Movie).
It's your right to press on and I'm okay with any pressure. Linguistic slips might happen that is why I specifically mentioned that I'm not willing to use it as excuse, in other words if you or others find it fishy, go for it.
And for what's it's worth I meant exactly what I wrote: I want it to be sounded that I'm worried. That is not a linguistic issue, it was intentional.
Cadaver747: And for what's it's worth I meant exactly what I wrote: I want it to be sounded that I'm worried. That is not a linguistic issue, it was intentional.
In that case, why are you concerned about how you sound? If you are worried then you don't need to worry about sounding worried because it should come naturally.
SirPrimalform: In that case, why are you concerned about how you sound? If you are worried then you don't need to worry about sounding worried because it should come naturally.
Because for some reason I respect your play style and you as a player. And you told me that I were sounded like it was ages ago since you was around last time. And I didn't want you to feel that way, like I'm accusing you or something, especially, after that heated debate with "paraphrasing" questions which I found to be a bit "rude".
Cadaver747: Because for some reason I respect your play style and you as a player. And you told me that I were sounded like it was ages ago since you was around last time. And I didn't want you to feel that way, like I'm accusing you or something, especially, after that heated debate with "paraphrasing" questions which I found to be a bit "rude".
Right ok, I think I see what you mean now.

*shrug* I'm reasonably satisfied it's not a slip.
Everything going on today ended up stretching later than I expected, so I wasn't able to catch up like I was planning to. I'll catch up tomorrow. I'm sorry peoples!
@everyone: who should the cop investigate tonight (if we have a cop?) please give ideas.
Microfish_1: @everyone: who should the cop investigate tonight (if we have a cop?) please give ideas.
ZFR and/or SPF (role cop and/or alignment cop). I prefer SPF first: if he is a bad guy to mitigate the risk, if he is a good guy to clear his name.
Microfish_1: @ZFR iirc without looking, you stated you weren't willing to vote GR? If I am remembering correctly, please elaborate?
I was willing to vote, but when it grew so fast to L-2 (where "fast" actually means fast), it felt like an opportunistic wagon where scum can vote someone for being a GamerRager.
Cadaver747: And a twist...
ZFR: But he specifically said this is not the twist.

I can see a mod making a bastard element, especially if he warned there is a twist. Like adding an insane cop or a death miller or a secret lover traitor, or a real honest-to-God jester. But no mod would ever add something he specifically said he wouldn't. If in my games I say there is no cult element then there is no cult element, and I'd never jump and say "Surprise! You've been recruited to a cult. Fooled you." That would be a bastartd squared and not something I'd enjoy playing or hosting.
Lithrasil specifically said the following:
ZFR: @Lift: Is Neutral Mafia and Mafia Neutral?
Lifthrasil: If that would be the Twist, I wouldn't answer to this question. But it would be mean to re-name factions. So no. 'Neutral' is, surprisingly, neutral. No comment on the rest.
You can surely interpreted this as Neutral is Neutral and Scum/Mafia is Scum/Mafia.
And I read it as follows: Neutral is Neutral; No comments on Mafia side. (and there is a twist)

Speculation:
If we remember the Shining, Jack Torrance (the main antagonist) was of Town alignment, who then become possesed by The Hotel evil something.
So we might have NO mafia and 1 John Smith (input any name here) possesed by ghost of Jack Torrance with Town alignment and ability to kill at night.
Meaning that a vanilla cop will never identify a culprit. Role cop might though.

I hope we have good old mafia of course and something extremely more sinister for a twist.
Quick post.

Microfish_1: I am interested in Pooka's vote on Cadaver, as I think it was less thought out than Pooka's vote on carradice.
Why is it less thought out? Dude said he wanted to sound worried, and like SPF said in a later post, if he was worried, it would come across naturally in his posts rather than by saying "look at me, I am worried!"

Cadaver747: That's gold! I thought after AFP's accusation reason about "round brackets" no one would beat it, but you actually overdid it. I like that you are suspecting me, truly. But you better find something serious for my case, I don't know, a "discrepancy" maybe.
And yes, I wanted to sound worried, that was my intention. I'm not denying in any way.
I don't remember the whole round brackets thing (and to be honest, I should be looking at AFP now that he's barely even contributing), but scum can slip from time to time and then try to cover it up either by backing from it, or doubling down. SPF also brought up a wonderful example, the Captain Sapphire game, where two mafiosos slipped and one of them got lynched. The other one who didn't get lynched was blotunga, who was able to explain that it was a linguistic mess-up. And I honestly don't have a lot of confidence in buying the "linguistic" reason again.

Microfish_1: @everyone: who should the cop investigate tonight (if we have a cop?) please give ideas.
The cop should investigate whoever he sees fit, so that scum may not direct him into a less satisfactory player "out of demand," so to speak.
Cadaver747: You can surely interpreted this as Neutral is Neutral and Scum/Mafia is Scum/Mafia.
And I read it as follows: Neutral is Neutral; No comments on Mafia side. (and there is a twist)
Scum is Scum. By definition,.what else can it be? Are you saying the twist is there is no scum?
ZFR: Scum is Scum. By definition,.what else can it be? Are you saying the twist is there is no scum?
Not saying, I said already that it might the case, yes. Also that I'd like to have even more *twisted* twist, I like twists.