It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cadaver747: I might be wrong but at least 3 persons claimed to be Town (Trent, Microfish, SPF). What is "soft claim"? Talking about Role?
It's when you claim to have a power role, but refuse to say what it is.
This is different from a hardclaim, which is when you directly state what your power is.

Mafia like to softclaim, because they don't risk being counter-claimed by another player with the same role.
zazak09:
ZFR claimed to have a PR and refused your claim inquiry. Or was it all the joke on both sides?
zazak09:
Cadaver747: ZFR claimed to have a PR and refused your claim inquiry. Or was it all the joke on both sides?
Just so this is no longer brought up. It was already explained *twice* by gogtrial and Joe but here is a third time.

My post #11 (and #7) is a reference to the fact that I was NKed on N1 3 times in my last 3 games. It's a joke. It's not a claim, hard, soft or medium. I may or may not have a PR.

Those posts are as "true" and me saying the setup is broken (#5) and trying to deduce the number of scum from flavour (#6).

I'll assume that anyone trying to bring it up again is creating a distraction and will treat him as such.
Cadaver747: Because I AM worried. SPF was my prime suspect as I've mentioned but accusations put on him are ultimately dehumanizing. I'm worried that SPF might not be a mafia or neutral killer (a bad guy), I'm worried that we, possibly, are making a mistake.
That's good and all, but "wanting to sound worried" is only something I'd expect to hear from scum, whose concerns are manufactured and thus they NEED to sound genuine.

zazak09: I'm well aware that GOG meta is ass backwards compared to other sites, but he should still be lynched.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, weren't you the one to say that it wasn't the time for policy lynches, when Microfish and I voted GR? Voting someone because they softclaimed...that sounds like a policy lynch, "If X does Y, VOTE X."

The time for changing GOG's meta is not now, and the same goes for policy lynches.
ADD: #5 and #6 were references to such incidents in my previous game too.

Cadaver747: I'm worried how fast Zazak and ZFR jump on a wagon
You are worried how *fast* we jumped on SPF's wagon?

I gave SPF a day (calendar) to respond. zazak gave him more. You're worried this wagon is fast, but not how GR's wagon was brought to L-2 in a matter of a calendar day?
PookaMustard: Hmmmmmmmmmmm, weren't you the one to say that it wasn't the time for policy lynches, when Microfish and I voted GR? Voting someone because they softclaimed...that sounds like a policy lynch, "If X does Y, VOTE X."
Softclaiming is both a major scum tell and a reason for policy lynching. Not to mention, I gave at least a half dozen other good reasons for voting SirP before, which you happened to completely ignore.

Anyways, I asked Lift for a replacement over an hour ago. My exact message:
Sorry man, but I can't do it anymore. I honestly tried my best. Between the two jesters, two village idiots, multiple lurkers, and having to constantly explain why softclaiming is bad, I just don't have the willpower to carry on. Please replace me and give me access to the observer thread.
I believe SirP is mafia, and he is partnered with either Pooka-AFP-Microfish, in that order. I would be surprised if ZFR or Cadaver are mafia. Usually I have more town reads than scum by D3, but well... you guys haven't made it easy.

If you have any further questions of me before I leave, now is the time to ask them.
zazak09: I would continue hunting scum, like I have been doing the entire game. If I'm forced to reveal at L-1, then so be it.
Even if the value of your role would be significantly weakened by claiming? Sure, I'd be alive, but my ability to get useful results will be compromised.

Also you're holding me to a double standard in saying that I need to die for having softclaimed.
I notice you're not pushing for ZFR's lynch any more despite going on about it a few Days ago. I accepted it as a joke but you didn't. What changed your mind?

ZFR: Just so this is no longer brought up. It was already explained *twice* by gogtrial and Joe but here is a third time.

My post #11 (and #7) is a reference to the fact that I was NKed on N1 3 times in my last 3 games. It's a joke. It's not a claim, hard, soft or medium. I may or may not have a PR.

Those posts are as "true" and me saying the setup is broken (#5) and trying to deduce the number of scum from flavour (#6).

I'll assume that anyone trying to bring it up again is creating a distraction and will treat him as such.
That's how I took it, but given that zazak took it at face value I find it strange that he's now your best bud.
PookaMustard: Hmmmmmmmmmmm, weren't you the one to say that it wasn't the time for policy lynches, when Microfish and I voted GR? Voting someone because they softclaimed...that sounds like a policy lynch, "If X does Y, VOTE X."
zazak09: Softclaiming is both a major scum tell and a reason for policy lynching. Not to mention, I gave at least a half dozen other good reasons for voting SirP before, which you happened to completely ignore.

Anyways, I asked Lift for a replacement over an hour ago. My exact message:

Sorry man, but I can't do it anymore. I honestly tried my best. Between the two jesters, two village idiots, multiple lurkers, and having to constantly explain why softclaiming is bad, I just don't have the willpower to carry on. Please replace me and give me access to the observer thread.
zazak09: I believe SirP is mafia, and he is partnered with either Pooka-AFP-Microfish, in that order. I would be surprised if ZFR or Cadaver are mafia. Usually I have more town reads than scum by D3, but well... you guys haven't made it easy.

If you have any further questions of me before I leave, now is the time to ask them.
I was glad when you said you'd stick around at the end of D2, but I have to say now that this is probably for the best. I think you have very different ideas about how mafia should be played and the standards you expect. I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just different. I think the culture shock (on both sides) has proved to be larger than we might have expected when the game began.
I hope you play here again, although hopefully you'll lower your expectations of me based on this game! People do run "normal" games and open setups, so maybe you'll find a game to your liking in the future.
SirPrimalform: Even if the value of your role would be significantly weakened by claiming?
Yes. What about never under any circumstances is so hard to understand.
If you don't want your power to be revealed, then avoid looking scummy enough to get to L-1 in the first place.

Your logic is flawed anyways, since it's contingent on you having an ability that is determinal for scum to target. Yet if scum doesn't target you at night, then your ability is useless. Clearly you didn't think it out if you're town.
SirPrimalform: That's how I took it, but given that zazak took it at face value I find it strange that he's now your best bud.
A new player who wasn't there during those games didn't get the joke... hm..... weird indeed.
zazak09: Yes. What about never under any circumstances is so hard to understand.
If you don't want your power to be revealed, then avoid looking scummy enough to get to L-1 in the first place.

Your logic is flawed anyways, since it's contingent on you having an ability that is determinal for scum to target. Yet if scum doesn't target you at night, then your ability is useless. Clearly you didn't think it out if you're town.
Which is why I asked what you would do in those specific circumstances. You gave the most general answer possible.
_______

You don't know what my role is, so how about you stop acting like you do. Yes?

ZFR: A new player who wasn't there during those games didn't get the joke... hm..... weird indeed.
It's not weird that he didn't get the joke, it's weird that he still didn't believe it after it was explained but now apparently does? Or is at least willing to let it slide.
SirPrimalform: it's weird that he still didn't believe it after it was explained
Did he? I honestly thought the last time he accused me of soft-claiming was before it was explained. Then he stopped. Let me check.
ZFR: Did he? I honestly thought the last time he accused me of soft-claiming was before it was explained. Then he stopped. Let me check.
I seem to remember that it was still being brought up by D2. I'll have a look though.
SirPrimalform: I'll have a look though.
By the way, do you find Joe's avatart too similar to mine when you do rereads?
SirPrimalform: You don't know what my role is, so how about you stop acting like you do. Yes?
The point is that there is no role that benefits from directly softclaiming, unless you're attempting to use WIFOM.

And there wouldn't be a need to speculate on your role if you hadn't played this anti-town gambit to begin with.