It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cadaver747: And to be honest GR's sudden vote make me feel uncomfortable. What was the point to do it now?
To get gogtrial to claim, of course, so we could see if we needed to change course and find scum somewhere else.
==================================================

ZFR: Real Life Mafia though, on which Forum Mafia is based never has Day Chat. So ours is Orthodox Mafia whiole other places use Reformed Mafia.
This made me giggle a bit. :)

SirPrimalform: I know, I've played RL mafia with Joe quite a few times! Daychat would be mechanically impossible without telepathic players...
Is there a forum out there that plays Westboro Baptist Mafia?
And this made me nearly spit out my drink. :D

Lifthrasil: gogtrial is dead. He was Carter Horton, a teen possessed by Alexa Gradie, Neutral Haunter
(Modified Compulsive Visitor)
Well, gogtrial wasn't scum, BUT we have another third party removed from the game, meaning there's less players to search through to find scum.
=================================================

To all: As of now I have read through all old posts(up till the end of D2)...will read the rest in a bit & post more once I read all new posts.
Cadaver747: That's why I'm asking @ALL: please share your dreams from PM and not just "oh yeah, I had a dream".

Thank you.
No dreams....and seeing as how some seem to have gotten some and I did not I feel left out . :\ ==============================================

PookaMustard: Having known that gogtrial and Carradice were essentially "jesters" in a modified sense, (and having first-hand experience of the damage jesters could do), I'm not sure how to feel about zazak's playstyle. To me, it feels like it's drawing votes. For example, see how he keeps bringing up the "he went offline/online" thing repeatedly despite various players telling him it's actually an unreliable indicator of activity, especially within the context of this Mafia game. Oh, and he begins this day by just straight up voting me without any explanation or any additional stuff he found during the night.
Tbh I think zazak is just playing as he knows how to play.....like that one player from the SH game who kept trying to play a certain way due to his past preferred play style.

Also do you REALLY think OP would put 3 third party players in a game?
==============================================

Microfish_1: However, Gamerager has done absolutely nothing-that-i-recall towards hunting scum. Even Myself and Trent had done more.
Understandable for 2 days because of his IRL catto situation, but it has been several days already. Time enough to get his head back in the game and to stop being treated with care or given a bye because of it.
Tbh, the new Covid thread I made and the IRL(father has COPD so he has to be careful, and he is starting to act a bit paranoid over all this[i.e. even afraid to go outside much]) has me busy and/or a bit on edge.

Still, good on you to suspect me.....i'd expect no less from a player such as yourself. :)

PookaMustard: So please explain why I shouldn't vote either of you, GameRager and Microfish.
Read above reply to microfish....beyond that I got nothin much atm.

To all: Done for now....suspecting Pooka a bit due to the whole "painting zazak as a possible third third party" thing, but other than that I got not much(at least that I can recall...might have to check back and try to jog my memory a bit more).
ZFR: @SirPrimalform. OK. I still don't like you this game. Get a general scumminess feeling from you.

When was the last time you were not scum? Seems ages ago. Joe's game? I can't even compare your gamestyle here to your Town self.
SirPrimalform: Yeah, it was The Pwen.

Yes. The Pwen. That's the one I had in mind when I said Joe's game. Didn't mean Captain Sapphire. No, Sir.
zazak09: As if two jesters weren't broken enough already, you're accusing me of being a third jester? Shit theory.
PookaMustard: You would have said the same if I suggested there were two jesters. And like Microfish said, we had quite a bunch of roles in the previous game.
Here is the thing: there are no jesters. Lift clearly stated that the win-by-being-scummy-to-draw-the-lynch was a "side-effect" method of winning that he didn't fully anticipate.

I don't know what the win condition of the twins was: make sure you die in that order? Make sure you die within the space of one Day-Night cycle? However it seems that Lift doesn't consider Jester to be a role that he'd consciously include in a game.

It's possible the twist is that there is no "Mafia", just third-party roles of which one is an SK type that can kill at Night. So I can see that zazak could be a Third-Party type. However which one?

Surviver: And play that aggressively? No way.
SK: Again, I don't see SK starting the game that aggressively. This both draws a possible lynch from town and an NK from scum.
Lyncher: I can see an aggressive lyncher, but the two people zazak went after, Carradice and Pooka, got lynched without him winning.
Anything else?

Also I highly doubt we have 3-member Mafia + 2-Neutral (Neutral but bad for Town) twins game. This leaves Town with a 58% presence! Maybe if the got PRs to compensate, but we've only got 2 vanillas so far.

We've got at most 2 scum left. Also possible 1 scum + 1 neutral. If there is a neutral, my eyes are on Cavader, who's been asking about them a lot.
zazak09: Anyways, I have plenty of reasons for why I voted Pooka. but to start discussion... which person did both Joe and Trent scum read on day one?
To be fair, a good chunk of the players scum read me on Day 1, so I think it's inevitable that scum will hit someone who suspected me. But here's what I think happened with Joe and Trent: they were low info kills. They didn't have a whole lot to say, so reading their content post-kill would yield little to no information.

ZFR: It's possible the twist is that there is no "Mafia", just third-party roles of which one is an SK type that can kill at Night. So I can see that zazak could be a Third-Party type. However which one?
You make a good point there. Him being in the spotlight means he's exposed to attacks from both Town and Mafia (if the twist isn't that they don't exist). I'd see him as aggressive Town if it wasn't for what he did in D2 that seemed to reek of drawing votes. Makes me wonder what his end-game is all about, and whether I should give him hell for it.

Speaking of the mafia, if we assume that it's a two-man team, their presence would be about 16%. If we take the two neutrals out of the picture, their presence would be 20%, but if we add the third mafioso, they become 30% - in which case I can see why two-scum is a viable theory. Still we ought be careful, as even with the two-scum team, MyLo will be Day 4 if no deaths are obstructed.

--
I see that Micro and GR both responded, with the earlier doing some decent contributions in the span of a couple hours, always great to see. But the latter hasn't resonated much with me. Yes, I know IRL is a [REDACTED], but I wasn't particularly impressed.

Vote GameRager
ZFR: Also I highly doubt we have 3-member Mafia + 2-Neutral (Neutral but bad for Town) twins game. This leaves Town with a 58% presence! Maybe if the got PRs to compensate, but we've only got 2 vanillas so far.
Pooka suggesting that we're in MyLo could be an attempt to provoke a massclaim. Just a thought.
I'm going to place my vote then.

Vote SPF

Willing to switch to GR, Micro.
Microfish_1: last game we had 3 mafia (with daychat, even post removal-from-game) + a neutral alternating compulsive JOAT+SK. Town also had a large number of 1- or 3-use PRs and a miller.
That was a 14 player game. The maths says you want 3.5 mafia and 10.5 town, hence the SK who weakens both.

zazak09: Pooka said the same yesterday.

From my perspective, he has been one of the least inquisitive players except towards me. Please don't.
I am occasionally guilty of some light tunnelling. Just occasionally.

zazak09: There's a strange triangle of interactions (and lack thereof) between SirP-Pooka-Microfish. I'd bet money that at least one of them is scum. Will give more analysis later.
Hmm, you're right. I've been null reading Micro for quite some time. However I certainly haven't been ignoring Pooka. I pointed out a strangeness in the interations between you, Trent and Pooka on day 1.

zazak09: In regards to SirP - the fact that he didn't vote for either Carradice or Gogtrial,
Are you sure you not just upset that your two big gets turned out to be too good to be true? I would have voted for gogtrial before day's end if you hadn't let him hammer himself. As I've already pointed out, I didn't buy his claim at all.

ZFR: ...

Yes. The Pwen. That's the one I had in mind when I said Joe's game. Didn't mean Captain Sapphire. No, Sir.
How could you forget the one where I insisted on policy lynching Blotunga? For shame.

I think I'm going to have to go and re-read. Zasak has gained some town points from me since yesterday, so I'm at a bit of a loss.
SirPrimalform: Are you sure you not just upset that your two big gets turned out to be too good to be true?
It's standard practice for moderators to inform players when there is a jester. I would have never voted Gogtrial in a million years otherwise. Considering that we had no way of knowing jesters were in play, what should I have done? Ignore their extremely obvious scum tells, in the off chance that Lift is a bastard moderator? Nonsense.

It's reassuring to hear that you have your eyes on Pooka and Microfish. I would forgo my suspicions towards you if it meant lynching either one of them today.
Well this is an interesting turn of events. I had gogtrial pretty much pegged for scum (although now knowing that's what he was going for, I feel pretty good about my assumptions lol), and I was going to push for a trent lynch today if he didn't start lurking less. Phooey.

I'll second ZFR's confusion about trent being the one to be nightkilled.

I have had no dreams so far this game.

At this point I'm a little unsure of who I most suspect. I'm willing to vote for GR if that's the wagon that's rolling, but I'm confused by his lack of defense. It would absolutely suck if there was a third person with a possible get-lynched win condition, and honestly I don't think there is, I just don't understand his almost complete lack of coming to his own defense. It doesn't make sense as either town or scum IMO.

I like Micro and Pooka's posts so far today. Because of how much he's theorized about various abilities and such, I suspect Cadaver isn't vanilla, but what abilities he has I'm not sure (and I'm not suggesting he claim or anything, just voicing my thoughts). I'm not sure what to think of SPF, but he hasn't struck me as overly scummy.

Ah heck, I'm realizing that I don't really suspect anybody very much, and that sucks! Just cause I don't have anywhere else to go, and because it doesn't seem like more information is forthcoming, for now I might as well

Vote Gamerager
A_Future_Pilot: I like Micro and Pooka's posts so far today.
Explain why. Yesterday Microfish was one of your top suspects.
Ah heck, I'm realizing that I don't really suspect anybody very much, and that sucks! Just cause I don't have anywhere else to go, and because it doesn't seem like more information is forthcoming, for now I might as well

Vote Gamerager
We're past the time for a policy lynch.
zazak09: It's standard practice for moderators to inform players when there is a jester. I would have never voted Gogtrial in a million years otherwise. Considering that we had no way of knowing jesters were in play, what should I have done? Ignore their extremely obvious scum tells, in the off chance that Lift is a bastard moderator? Nonsense.
No, I wasn't saying you should have done anything differently. I was just suggesting that you might be having an emotional response after the fact. It's already been stated that Lift didn't deliberately include jesters, he just made a mistake in the wording of the roles. Also "standard practice" doesn't apply here, this is GOG mafia and you're a long way from Kansas.

zazak09: It's reassuring to hear that you have your eyes on Pooka and Microfish. I would forgo my suspicions towards you if it meant lynching either one of them today.
I didn't have my eyes on Microfish until you pointed it out, he was flying somewhat under my radar. But as I said, Pooka grabbed my attention on D1.

Be back later.
You're missing the point. The fact that they are psuedo-jesters is irrelevant, because we had no way of knowing that at the time.

From the perspective of mafia, they were just self-destructive townies. It's in the interest of scum to not be associated with lynching a townie, which is why your failure to vote for either of them is suspicious. From what I recall, you even read Carradice as town on day one, which made me question your experience.

Moving on... what is your read on Gamerager? He's currently sitting at L-2 with ZFR also willing to vote for him.
I'm willing to vote GR, but I'd rather vote SPF.

Lifthrasil: ...
Can we have a vote count? And when will D3 end?
I refuse to vote Gamerager. He is too easy of a target, and we would gain practically no information from him flipping town.

My vote depends entirely on what SirP does next. If he votes for Pooka or Microfish, then I will join him. If he votes for someone else, then I will join ZFR in lynching him. Those are the only players that I'm interested in lynching today.