It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cadaver747: ...
A question, if you don’t mind: about the posts with code that you quoted, did you manage to break the code yet? Even after correcting one of the wrong quotes, there is still another post incorrectly quoted, which leads to thinking that you still might not have broken the code of at least two messages.

If you did, would you share the findings with the rest of the crew? Something useful might be in there (meaning SPF’s) :3

Also, thanks for making clear that you are an inveterate mafia veteran.
Ok, as it's getting late in the day... I'd be willing to lynch Genocide unless they contribute more (than just stating their page one vote was serious without any reasoning), any of zazak, pooka or trent. I think the slightly strange love-hate-triangle going on there might give us some info with a flip from one of them.

Carradice: A question, if you don’t mind: about the posts with code that you quoted, did you manage to break the code yet? Even after correcting one of the wrong quotes, there is still another post incorrectly quoted, which leads to thinking that you still might not have broken the code of at least two messages.

If you did, would you share the findings with the rest of the crew? Something useful might be in there (meaning SPF’s) :3

Also, thanks for making clear that you are an inveterate mafia veteran.
Nothing to add other than:

+1
Okay, Carradice has backed his tone down. I, like Pooka, was thinking he was far more aggressive than normal, and maybe this was because he has something to hide (drawing attention to tone to distract from what was said), maybe IRL strain, maybe not tiptoeing because of a PR.

Was willing to vote him pre-retraction and group-throwing-hug. Maybe still am, maybe not.

I don't see anything really suspicious about GR, and i like what I am seeing this game from SirP. Unlike last game. Also, I like his mustache.

Willing to vote in no particular order: Pooka, Gen (d2), Carradice (maybe), Joe (because of his AtE during semi-not-RVS (#89), his joking tone easily hides scum), Zazak (d2),

not willing to vote gogtrial, zfr (I want to see if he lives to d2, willing to lunch d2), microfish.

kinda-but-not-really willing to lunch everyone else to avoid lack of lunch.

unvote gamerager
i like what i've seen of pooka, but we need something, so in order to put pressure, and try and get something done in our last 24 hours
voteroll: pooka/joe/pooka/joe/pooka/joe
vote...Joe
gut feeling as much as anything; i hope he is town.
SirPrimalform: Ok, as it's getting late in the day... I'd be willing to lynch Genocide unless they contribute more (than just stating their page one vote was serious without any reasoning),
Ditto for same reason, and together with my current vote zazak and Pooka those are my preferred lynches today.

Next on the list is gogtrial and trent.

Neutral on Joe, GameRager. Would vote to avoid a no-lynch, but I'd rather it doesn't come to that.

Would rather not vote SPF, Micro, Carradice, Cadaver.
Thoughts on every player...

ZFR's stupid gambit would get him policy lynched on most forums, but he's probably not scum. Possibly third party.

@Lift should replace Genocide because he's clearly not interested in what's going on. If we're going to policy lynch anyone, it should be GameRager. He posts a lot , but contributes almost nothing of substance.

JoeSapphire hasn't participated in awhile... Where are you Joe?

I'll credit Trent for keeping everyone focused, but I'm still suspicious of him.

Glad to know Cadaver has experience playing Mafia. I thought he might end up being dead weight.

Not strong opinions on GOGtrial or Microfish. I hope to get better reads on day two.

Pooka and SPF are both strong town reads.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Last but not least, Carradice. He has been caught openly contradicting himself...

Carradice: Genocide: Is he in the game at all? He barely posted two lines, yet he VOTES for SPF? Together with Cadaver?

Conclusion: S C U M M M M M ! ! ! ! Start writing convincingly this very week, lest you become a top priority. Dunno if he is new, but if he is, one word of advice: you cannot play like this (now come and vote for this one who warns you, ah the joys of mafia).

Waiting for Genocide to write something, anything, lest the vote goes for him. Else it will be for the one with the most anti-Town play so far, Zazak.
PookaMustard: About Genocide, it would be interesting to hear about his reasons for the vote on SPF. In any case, if he is new to the game then he is not to be touched on Day 1. He has that time to learn the ropes and make himself comfortable for an exciting Day 2.
This alone is more than enough justification to lynch Carradice, but there are other reasons to suspect him as well. Like Pooka observed, Carradice's tone is overly aggressive and unusual in this game, and he has also been sitting on the fence not voting anyone (mafia like to avoid joining bandwagons early).

Unvote Trent
Vote Carradice
zazak09: ...
bump
For some reason Pooka is displayed in the quote, but it was actually Carradice that said it on post #187.

It's also bizzare how much Carradice's tone shifted after being called out by Pooka. Definite scum tell.
zazak09: Thoughts on every player...
Well, I thought it suspicious that zazak asked me to claim, but maybe he on the other hand genuinely took my post seriously. Too seriously.

Still willing to vote.
zazak09: For some reason Pooka is displayed in the quote, but it was actually Carradice that said it on post #187.
It's because you put post 179 in the quote tag, we've all been there.

I don't exactly see the two posts as contradiction though. Between those two posts Genocide came back and made several posts, although there wasn't much substance to them to be fair.

My point is that the bit you bolded in the first quote is conditional. By the time of the second quoted post, that condition had been met.
zazak09: For some reason Pooka is displayed in the quote, but it was actually Carradice that said it on post #187.
SirPrimalform: It's because you put post 179 in the quote tag, we've all been there.

I don't exactly see the two posts as contradiction though. Between those two posts Genocide came back and made several posts, although there wasn't much substance to them to be fair.
There was zero substance to his later posts. He probably only came back because Lift had warned him.

I also don't believe Carradice genuinely forgot that Genocide is a new player, because he was giving him pointers in the sign-up thread.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/come_play_with_us_signup_thread_for_a_social_deduction_forum_game_setting_the_shining/post64

Is it possible that he has a terrible memory? Maybe, but he could also be acting deceptively.

Regarding the other evidence I listed.

- What do you think of Carradice's major shift in tone after being called out by Pooka?

- Do you agree that it looks like Carradice is fence sitting? Despite recent encouragement from Trent, he still hasn't placed a vote on anyone since RVS.
Joe, Carradice, GameRager, and Pooka all of you need to VOTE.

Right now the votes are all over the place with no consensus as to who most want to lynch. If we continue this way there will be no time for any good discussion about the lynch with reasoning behind it and, as seems to be the norm, at the last minute a rush of votes will come in for someone with no real reasoning behind them except for "I am voting them to avoid a no lynch"

EVERYONE NEEDS TO VOTE

It's not hard, whoever you suspect most vote them and give your reason why.
zazak09: @Lift should replace Genocide because he's clearly not interested in what's going on. If we're going to policy lynch anyone, it should be GameRager. He posts a lot , but contributes almost nothing of substance.
No. I don't force-replace anyone for lack of content. Judging content and whether that is sufficient or not is up to the players and can be dealt with within the game. (for example by talking about it or by lynching)

There are only two situations in which I replace a player:
1. If they ask for it.
2. If they stop posting for an extended period of time and don't react to a prod.
Lifthrasil: There are only two situations in which I replace a player:
1. If they ask for it.
2. If they stop posting for an extended period of time and don't react to a prod.
Not even a three strikes rule?
trentonlf: Joe, Carradice, GameRager, and Pooka all of you need to VOTE.
After thinking about it while working, I think Carradice should go. Played with an aggressive tone and when called out, started mentioning names like Ghandi and MLK. Don't get me wrong. I think we could do with more messages of peace and an emphasis on human lives rather than net profits.

But this is still a game of mafia. And I don't like how he went about it. I still think he's hiding something.

Vote Carradice
zazak09: - What do you think of Carradice's major shift in tone after being called out by Pooka?

- Do you agree that it looks like Carradice is fence sitting? Despite recent encouragement from Trent, he still hasn't placed a vote on anyone since RVS.
Ah, I've just been back to re-read and I see what you're talking about. I was misremembering Pooka calling out Carr as what gogtrial said about tone problems possibly due to language barrier issues.