It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SCPM: snip
Thanks SCPM, I couldn't confirm the links, they were cut-and-paste from search results.

That's very useful new information, I appreciate it. I'll try him on LinkedIn, and see if Elite Systems has anything to add. Cheers!
IAmSinistar: Thanks SCPM, I couldn't confirm the links, they were cut-and-paste from search results.

That's very useful new information, I appreciate it. I'll try him on LinkedIn, and see if Elite Systems has anything to add. Cheers!
No problem, good luck! :)
Back from wedding (and what a wonderful wedding it was!) and very busy the last days, so I only now find the time to say: I'm back! :-D

I'm still working on Wiggles/Diggles - there are some interesting problem with the name rights but Carsten Orthbandt, who was the Gameplay Programming Lead has bought back the copyright. I've exchanged several emails with him and have now passed on the information to GOG to see what the next step should be.

Also still working on finding out about Project Nomads but so far I'd say that Big Point has the rights. As they also have the rights to other cool old games it would be wonderful to have them here on GOG with their catalogue.

Next thing I'll do is poking Epic again about Jill of the Jungle.
Piranjade: I'm still working on Wiggles/Diggles - there are some interesting problem with the name rights but Carsten Orthbandt, who was the Gameplay Programming Lead has bought back the copyright. I've exchanged several emails with him and have now passed on the information to GOG to see what the next step should be.
That would be awesome, the game was great! Thanks for your effort :-)
Piranjade: I'm still working on Wiggles/Diggles - there are some interesting problem with the name rights but Carsten Orthbandt, who was the Gameplay Programming Lead has bought back the copyright. I've exchanged several emails with him and have now passed on the information to GOG to see what the next step should be.
keeveek: That would be awesome, the game was great! Thanks for your effort :-)
No problem! :-D
The game was ahead of its time, I think. Most computers back then couldn't handle it and it often ran slowly/sluggishly.
Especially because of that it would be great to bring it back and have people enjoy it now.

IAmSinistar: If anyone can suggest a GOG bluetext that would be a good person to bring this to, I will contact them as well and forward Van's email address.
So far I have contacted TurnipSlayerr with all the games right stuff.
Piranjade: Also still working on finding out about Project Nomads but so far I'd say that Big Point has the rights. As they also have the rights to other cool old games it would be wonderful to have them here on GOG with their catalogue.
Welcome back, and glad it was a good time! Also, thanks for keeping this in scope, I really appreciate it. Looking forward to where this and your other research efforts take you.

Piranjade: So far I have contacted TurnipSlayerr with all the games right stuff.
Thanks, good to have a bluetext to target now. :)
Post edited August 21, 2013 by IAmSinistar
Quick update, LinkedIn requests sent to Mevlüt Dinç (First Samurai, Hammerfist) and Jason Kingsley (Blade Warrior, Better Dead Than Alien!).
Be nice if we could get Siege of Avalon here. I forget if I spoke with Van Collins or Shiflett back when Pillars of Avalon was in the cards. Pity that never happened. Hero X didn't help.
Gonchi: Be nice if we could get Siege of Avalon here. I forget if I spoke with Van Collins or Shiflett back when Pillars of Avalon was in the cards. Pity that never happened. Hero X didn't help.
I'm still talking with Van. Since he holds the rights and is interested in seeing SoA get a re-release, he's our best bet to bring this classic back.
Good news, I've got in touch with Andy Riedel and he says that he can help with the release of games such as Alien Legacy, SpellCraft: Aspects of Valor, and Shadow of Yserbius. I also heard back with somewhat positive news from Heavy Metal magazine about Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2. I've already forwarded this info to Arek.
No other replies yet, but it's a nice start. :)
I'm now LinkedIn with Mevlut Dinc. I plan to ask him about First Samurai, and possibly also Hammerfist. He produced a ton of other games, so if anyone needs me to ping him on those, let me know.
SCPM: Good news, I've got in touch with Andy Riedel and he says that he can help with the release of games such as Alien Legacy, SpellCraft: Aspects of Valor, and Shadow of Yserbius. I also heard back with somewhat positive news from Heavy Metal magazine about Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2. I've already forwarded this info to Arek.
No other replies yet, but it's a nice start. :)
Dude, if Heavy Metal FAKK 2 could show up, that would be fantastic! I played that game a few months ago and really enjoyed it. (although controlling was a pain at times)

I have a class coming up soon, some work, and a few other projects I'm working on, so (I think I said this earlier) research will probably slow down quite a bit for me, but I encourage others to carry on if they have the time! You all - especially SCPM - are doing fantastic. (I can continue doing this cheerleader thing. ;)
high rated
I bit of excitement here regarding Siege of Avalon. A bluetext has contacted me and requested to be put in direct contact with Van regarding this title. I have done so, and the process is now out of my hands and in GOG's, where it most belongs. Here's hoping it all goes well!
IAmSinistar: I bit of excitement here regarding Siege of Avalon. A bluetext has contacted me and requested to be put in direct contact with Van regarding this title. I have done so, and the process is now out of my hands and in GOG's, where it most belongs. Here's hoping it all goes well!
Awesome. Hopefully they'll work it out and release the game here. I still have my Anthology disc, but I'd grab a digital back-up.
IAmSinistar: I bit of excitement here regarding Siege of Avalon. A bluetext has contacted me and requested to be put in direct contact with Van regarding this title. I have done so, and the process is now out of my hands and in GOG's, where it most belongs. Here's hoping it all goes well!
Gonchi: Awesome. Hopefully they'll work it out and release the game here. I still have my Anthology disc, but I'd grab a digital back-up.
I still have mine too. I'm doing it mostly because I'd like the game to get a new audience of folks to appreciate it. Same with a lot of the other titles I'm tracing; I have them already, but I think more people should be able to enjoy them. And frankly the detective work is pretty dang fun at times!