It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New Piñatas • New Deals • Last Chances

The final 72 hours of Piñata Madness are here, and the mystery-sale bonanza grows bigger – today brings exciting new Piñatas and hot new offers!

If you haven't tried your luck yet, now's the time with new additions to the pool. These include: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition 1 & 2, SWAT 4, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, NEO Scavenger, Wasteland 2, This War of Mine.
Plus all things Homeworld with Homeworld 1 & 2 Remastered, Deserts of Kharak, as well as the long-gone expansion – Homeworld: Emergence.

If you're not the type to smash Piñatas, there are new great games on sale right now so make sure to give it a browse – and while you're here, check out the Carmageddon 20th Anniversary Sale at 75% off!

--Original announcement--
Piñata Madness is back – meaning excitement, mystery, and exceptional deals on some of our favorite hand-picked titles.

What is Piñata Madness?
For $3, you can buy and smash your own digital Piñata, each holding one of 100+ mystery games worth anywhere from $5.99 all the way up to $44.99.
Visit your <span class="bold">Pinata hub</span>, where can buy, open, and see everything Piñata Madness!
Just like real-life Piñatas, they'll bring you joy, surprise, and reward. Unlike real-life Piñatas, ours drop really good games instead of candy – games like Pillars of Eternity, Shadow Warrior 2, Heroes of Might and Magic, Victor Vran, and more!
It's a great way to broaden your horizons and try out games you otherwise wouldn't, knowing you're always getting a deal that's worth it. And if you already own every game included in our Piñatas, each game you drop will be a giftable code so you share the joy with your friends.

Weekly Megasale
If you'd rather know exactly you're getting, check out the Weekly Megasale featuring great deals up to -90% on some of our favorite titles including Darkest Dungeon, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Heroes of Might and Magic III, and more!

The Piñata Madness and Weekly Megasale last until August 21, 2017, 9:59 PM UTC.
I think if money isn't much of an issue for someone, and there's a reasonable number of games available they have an interest in, then this can be a pretty fun way to get some new games for cheap.

In my case, I'm extremely cash strapped and own way too many of these games on Steam already (sorry gog!). I did go ahead and buy a few even though I really shouldn't have lol. Ended up with two games I don't want and a game I already own on Steam. Ah well - such is the nature of gambling.

Appreciate the sale regardless, gog.
I'm with the others who feel a bit miffed about Pinata items being lower than the $5.99 they claimed.
I understand they are currently on sale, but perhaps the sale prices should have been taken into account.

I only bought 4, but the games I received are as follows.

$14.99 down to $2.99 Trine Enchanted Edition (already own Trine on Steam, but I never see it on GOG Connect)
$5.99 down to $2.99 Time Commando (This is one of those games I would never play)
$5.99 down to $2.99 Little Big Adventure (Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure) (I'd never play this either)
$24.99 down to $12.49 Republique (This title I'll probably try, but the reviews for it are horrible)

So out of 4 games that are all supposed to be $5.99 or higher (according to GOG), I received 3 that are not.
Post edited August 15, 2017 by Koitenshin
Я бы никогда не купил то, что выпало мне из Pinata. кроме, того купить нижеперечисленное намеренно было бы сейчас дешевле по текущей скидке.

Guild 2 Renaissance
Little Big Adventure 2 (Twinsen's Odyssey)
Her Story

Считаю это разводом на бабло. Палец вниз.
Hi there!

I have just bought and opened a Piñata — great meassure, by the way! I love GOG.

The thing is that the randomly selected game is... Shadowrun Returns! Magnificent game, isn't it?

The problem is I already have it in Steam...

So I would like to ask for 2 options:

a) Can GOG remove this game from my library and let me try again so I can have a game I didn't purchase earlier?
b) If it was not possible... Can GOG just remove it from my library and let me give it to someone as a present?

Thank you very much, GOG. You are the best digital store in the industry. And you know it.

EDIT: I have just seen that Shadowrun Returns is currently on sale. -80%, which makes it $3. I read on the Piñata FAQ that GOG guaranteed that I was getting a game that costed at least $5.99. I don't want to be rude, but I feel cheated.
Post edited August 15, 2017 by DiegoPonga
elcook: Hey all, just wanted to drop by in this thread to address some of the issues you are experiencing, and let you know we're not leaving you alone with them!

As of right now, there should be no issues with Piñatas not showing in the Piñata Hub if your order went through. If you still don't see any Piñatas in the hub, please reach out to our support.

If you received duplicates of games while there are still games you don't own in the pool, please reach out to our support, we will refund the duplicates for you.

As for getting games in the Piñatas that are cheaper on the current sale - this is an issue mainly with local prices, and we're sorry for that. I don't have a solution for this right now, but I just wanted to let you know we'll deal with it so everyone who was affected by this should be content. Will definitely get back on this subject in the next days when we're back in the office.

If a game you found in the Piñata doesn't work for you, and we cannot fix it for you, you're eligible for our 30 days Money Back Guarantee, so feel free to contact our support.

Also, thank you for all your feedback regarding the mechanics, i.e. offering gift codes instead of allocating game to you library or being able to choose OS for the games you want in Piñatas. We'll discuss these options for next Piñatas.

Hope that covers most of the topics in this thread. If there's anything else you'd like to ask about Piñatas, just let me know!
Excellent, thanks for listening!
One addition to your list: please allow us to choose genre - there would be a lot less disappointment.
e.g. open a red pinata for shooters, blue for adventure, green for strategy etc.
Most of the disappointment stems from the fact that many gamers prefer only a few genres not all of them.
I tried to buy one Pinata and got Republique ... bah. Hoped for something else.

Maybe I try a second time, but for almost 3 EUR-os it is risky, because I can buy the regular promo games I eventually will play and wont get the feeling, that I did simply throw the money out of the window.
What's with this recent trend. I think green man gaming has something similar with different value packs that have different chance of containing different level tears. Why not just buy what you want? GOG please get your #$%^ together. These kinds of promotions do more harm to the image of people who play video games and the gaming community in general, than it's worth. Or I don't know, maybe you are making bank on this and I am just wrong, but I doubt that.
musteriuz: Thanks to the various people who told me about the "More" button having a possible solution - I'll see how that works. I do not want that gog downloader, though. It ate a Gb of HDD space before I knew it and I deleted it - it was how I always downloaded my gog games initially.
finkleroy: What do you mean when you say the downloader "ate a GB of HDD space"?
lol, I meant a 100 GB of space - every time you download a game, the game files are on your HDD and the gog downloader size on your HDD increases as well, maybe for save slots or patches or whatnot.
I'm down 8 bucks and have two RTS games in my collection now, a genre I hate, and one of them is not even considered good from reviews. Why didn't we get codes like your last blind gimmick sale? Why can't I gift this crap instead of being stuck with it?

I could have bought something from my wishlist instead, but no, screw your cheap gimmicks GOG. Never again.
Post edited August 15, 2017 by ReynardFox
musteriuz: Thanks to the various people who told me about the "More" button having a possible solution - I'll see how that works. I do not want that gog downloader, though. It ate a Gb of HDD space before I knew it and I deleted it - it was how I always downloaded my gog games initially.
fishbaits: This'll be handy for you. Saves you from that awful galaxy mess.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/adalia_fundamentals_fixing_gog_so_you_dont_have_to
Thanks, I'll look into that.
edit:
I downloaded the script and tried running it, but got some big error message. Will the script work in Win Vista?
Post edited August 15, 2017 by musteriuz
high rated
I don't like abit of this piñata thing, but:

You people voluntarily go gambling for games, and when you "lose" you come back here whinning... Really not a smart move at all. Sad.
elcook: [...]
What about the unequal distribution of games available in the pinatas? I guess the description in the FAQ is somewhat intentionally left vague stating that you get a game from the pool "at the time", but honestly I think that is very missleading. The advertisement for the Pinata stats that you can get great "gems" like such and such, but then it turns out most of these games are not even available anymore on day 2 without any indication of this being the case for possible buyers.

I bought two more Pinatas today which I wouldn't have bought if I would have known that in advance.

EDIT: Currently the FAQ litterally states:

"each holding one of 100+ mystery games"

and

"Unlike real-life Piñatas, ours drop really good games instead of candy – games like Pillars of Eternity, Shadow Warrior 2, Heroes of Might and Magic 5, Victor Vran, Saints Row 4 and more!"

There basically is a missing fineprint that would say *games might not actually be included, conditions and such and such may apply. In fact, the first statement is outright wrong when each Pinata holds just one of 40+ (?) mystery games.
Post edited August 15, 2017 by Robette
I'm glad to see a new sale on GOG in the middle of summer. Yet, this gamble-based sale is my least favorite sale type. So I won't gamble. Looking forward to autumn/winter sales.
high rated
About SALE prices equal/under $3.00 ... dudes, sale prices / promo options never combine by default (except when literally stated so), in any shop, so obviously when they write $5.99+, they mean the base price, not sale price. Have you ever been shopping, or are you just sitting behind PC playing games, if you expect something else?

I can well understand you feel bad about it, but whoever enters pinata promo and expects something else, is sort of "naive". At least they plan to resolve the situations where the sale price went under the pinata price, but I'm afraid the $3 for $3 is still decent deal, ordinary gambling loss (of course whoever starts with gambling, should be aware that in the long run he can only lose, so you should enter only with money you can afford to burn, and enjoy the game itself, the outcome is fixed).
Lobuno: I don't like abit of this piñata thing, but:

You people voluntarily go gambling for games, and when you "lose" you come back here whinning... Really not a smart move at all. Sad.
Did you read the posts from these people at all?
People are complaining about thing that are not working as intended.
There is a clear FAQ about the pinata system and for many people something has not worked as it was described.
GoG has already confirmed these issues a few posts before.
Post edited August 15, 2017 by Chri83