It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

pimpmonkey2382.313: I said that ISN'T an action rpg. :P
since when are those action rpgs ?
i qualify fable and zelda as action rpgs
snowkatt: jrpgs are grindfests and i hate grinding
That hasn't been true since the SNES era. As I said, the Final Fantasy series, from 4 onward, does not require grinding, and by the time you get to the PSX era, it is rare to find a jRPG that requires grinding.
snowkatt: hey not my fault i got "TASTE" !
omega64: :P

I love grinding, I can work on completing a game and do other stuff at the same time. xD
i hate grinding
i want to move forward and see ore of the game instead of doing the same shit over and over and over just so i can level up
dtgreene: That hasn't been true since the SNES era. As I said, the Final Fantasy series, from 4 onward, does not require grinding, and by the time you get to the PSX era, it is rare to find a jRPG that requires grinding.
Was Tactics A2 released after 4? That required grinding too. :P
I thought you were talking about Final Fantasy not other JRPG's
There are lots and lots of them that still require grinding.
Post edited July 15, 2016 by omega64
dtgreene: That hasn't been true since the SNES era. As I said, the Final Fantasy series, from 4 onward, does not require grinding, and by the time you get to the PSX era, it is rare to find a jRPG that requires grinding.
that must not have been ff 7 or star ocean or breath of fire 3 then that kicked my ass because i was under levelled
snowkatt: i hate grinding
i want to move forward and see ore of the game instead of doing the same shit over and over and over just so i can level up
Understandable.
Hyperdimension Neptunia was so bad with grinding.
Like easily beating every enemy in an area and the boss just crushing you in a few turns.
Post edited July 15, 2016 by omega64
pimpmonkey2382.313: I said that ISN'T an action rpg. :P
snowkatt: since when are those action rpgs ?
Well elder scrolls is pretty much an FPS with RPG stats tacked on.
snowkatt: i hate grinding
omega64: Understandable.
Like easily beating every enemy in an area and the boss just crushing you in a few turns.
...yes
there was quite a bit of swearing when i played that game
snowkatt: since when are those action rpgs ?
pimpmonkey2382.313: Well elder scrolls is pretty much an FPS with RPG stats tacked on.
no thats fallout
Post edited July 15, 2016 by snowkatt
snowkatt: that must not have been ff 7 or star ocean or breath of fire 3 then that kicked my ass because i was under levelled
No, they "kicked your ass" because you didn't understand the game and the genre, or because you weren't using the right strategy.

In FF7, for instance, get a multi-target healing spell (there is an obvious way to get one early) and you shouldn't have any trouble, except maybe against that boss that uses Pyramid (and the solution to that boss isn't leveling, but rather realizing that you can remove the effect by attacking the trapped party member).

I haven't played either of the other two games you mentioned, but I have played Star Ocean 2, and I don't remember having to stop progressing just to gain some levels in that game.
snowkatt: ...yes
pimpmonkey2382.313: Well elder scrolls is pretty much an FPS with RPG stats tacked on.
snowkatt: no thats fallout
Fallout gets ruined by TBS. I can't get around it to enjoy that game.
snowkatt: ...yes
Elder Scrolls too, especially if you're using any sort of projectile weapon. :P
Under what I consider a reasonable definition of RPG:

Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics are RPGs. (I don't see anyone disputing this.)

Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Fallout 3 are RPGs.

Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout: New Vegas are not RPGs.

I don't know enough about Fallout 4 to judge that game.
dtgreene: Under what I consider a reasonable definition of RPG:

I'd group fallout 3 with oblivion and the rest. It's pretty much the exact gameplay to new vegas.
dtgreene: Under what I consider a reasonable definition of RPG:

pimpmonkey2382.313: I'd group fallout 3 with oblivion and the rest. It's pretty much the exact gameplay to new vegas.
Actually, there is one crucial difference: From what I understand, accuracy in Fallout 3 is stat based, like in Morrowind but unlike Oblivion.
pimpmonkey2382.313: I'd group fallout 3 with oblivion and the rest. It's pretty much the exact gameplay to new vegas.
dtgreene: Actually, there is one crucial difference: From what I understand, accuracy in Fallout 3 is stat based, like in Morrowind but unlike Oblivion.
Only when using VATS as far as I'm aware.
It doesn't affect regular aiming and shooting.