It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mvaneijgen: Every thing runs fine, I get the smashscreen, but when I hit play my screen flickers a few times and than I get the error `error initalizing video mode 1024x768`
Running the game in a virtual desktop might work around this bug.
Post edited October 04, 2017 by vv221
mvaneijgen: Wine version (via wineskin winery)
WS9Wine1.9.10

Fallout version
Steam Retail - includes latest patch and High Resolution Mod.

Every thing runs fine, I get the smashscreen, but when I hit play my screen flickers a few times and than I get the error `error initalizing video mode 1024x768`
That's a bit of an older Wine engine, but Wineskin itself has issues with High Sierra. For crashing you need to disable Auto-detect GPU in the Screen Options of Wineskin.
It almost sounds like you are past that though. I did read a comment that which said, "However with OSX 10.13 the Intel GPU does not report a vendor ID." In which case Wine itself may not be seeing your GPU correctly. You can override that, basic system info would be useful, but see if disabling Auto-detect GPU works first.

mistermumbles: Playing around with screen options didn't do anything, and I'm not sure what winetrick could fix this (if at all). Is there anything I can tweak to make this work?
I guess you could try with X11 driver instead of the Mac driver.
Post edited October 05, 2017 by Gydion
mistermumbles: Playing around with screen options didn't do anything, and I'm not sure what winetrick could fix this (if at all). Is there anything I can tweak to make this work?
Gydion: I guess you could try with X11 driver instead of the Mac driver.
Already tried that. No dice. I get the same black screen with X11.
Gydion: That's a bit of an older Wine engine, but Wineskin itself has issues with High Sierra.
That's why I always wait 6 months to a year before I typically apply such a major OS update. It's always worth waiting for the kinks to get worked out.
Post edited October 05, 2017 by mistermumbles
mistermumbles: Already tried that. No dice. I get the same black screen with X11.
What's your hardware. Is your GPU DX11 capable? A terminal Wine log might help point out the problem.
mistermumbles: Already tried that. No dice. I get the same black screen with X11.
Gydion: What's your hardware. Is your GPU DX11 capable? A terminal Wine log might help point out the problem.
As far as hardware stats go, my Intel Iris Graphics 5100 should be capable enough to deal with DX11.

After reviewing the test log, Wineskin definitely notices not everything is as it should be since I'm getting a ton of these:
fixme:dxgi:dxgi_swapchain_Present Unimplemented sync interval 1
fixme:d3d11:d3d11_deferred_context_OMGetRenderTargets iface 0x178530, render_target_view_count 1, render_target_views 0x33f9ac, depth_stencil_view 0x33f9a8 stub!
After digging some more, these deferred context calls should have been already implemented in WineStaging2.16, which I'm currently using. Hmmmm. I've been looking at Wine patches, but I have no idea how I actually use those, since they're all just lines of code.
Post edited October 05, 2017 by mistermumbles
mistermumbles: After reviewing the test log...
How about an uncut log at a text pasting site of your choice? Also, a separate WINEDEBUG=+d3d log, more interested in the beginning of that.

I don't know if Wineskin has it yet, but Staging 2.18 is out. Another thing you could try is an official WineHQ package or Homebrew.
mvaneijgen: Wine version (via wineskin winery)
WS9Wine1.9.10

Fallout version
Steam Retail - includes latest patch and High Resolution Mod.

Every thing runs fine, I get the smashscreen, but when I hit play my screen flickers a few times and than I get the error `error initalizing video mode 1024x768`
Gydion: That's a bit of an older Wine engine, but Wineskin itself has issues with High Sierra. For crashing you need to disable Auto-detect GPU in the Screen Options of Wineskin.
It almost sounds like you are past that though. I did read a comment that which said, "However with OSX 10.13 the Intel GPU does not report a vendor ID." In which case Wine itself may not be seeing your GPU correctly. You can override that, basic system info would be useful, but see if disabling Auto-detect GPU works first.
When I disable Auto-detect GPU it now states when clicking play in the splash screen `Failure Initializing Input Devices.
Gydion: How about an uncut log at a text pasting site of your choice? Also, a separate WINEDEBUG=+d3d log, more interested in the beginning of that.
You know, I'm not going to bother to put a lot of effort in it, since I can play it on my Winbox PC anyway. I was just curious whether I could get it to run on my Mac, but it seems like DX11 is more trouble than its worth to me. Most DX11 games wouldn't run well on my mini even if Wineskin compatibility wasn't the issue, anyway. *shrug*
Post edited October 07, 2017 by mistermumbles
mvaneijgen: When I disable Auto-detect GPU it now states when clicking play in the splash screen `Failure Initializing Input Devices.
You might need to wait until Wineskin gets updated then. If there is another workaround related to the new error I haven't ran across it.

Gydion: How about an uncut log at a text pasting site of your choice? Also, a separate WINEDEBUG=+d3d log, more interested in the beginning of that.
mistermumbles: You know, I'm not going to bother to put a lot of effort in it, since I can play it on my Winbox PC anyway. I was just curious whether I could get it to run on my Mac, but it seems like DX11 is more trouble than its worth to me.
No, I hear you. Command-A, Command-C, goes to pastebin and Command-V is quite the effort. Particularly as you already found the log in question. Also, I thought Wineskin makes it easy add debug paramaters. The start of the +d3d log should show how Wine detects your GPU. There might be something obvious in one of them, and I might even see what it is. Possibly not as well. Kind a moot point I suppose.
Post edited October 08, 2017 by Gydion
Suppose Witcher 3 still isn't in perfect playable state?
Pangaea666: Suppose Witcher 3 still isn't in perfect playable state?
No, but it's not far off. Even if TW3 did work perfectly if you don't have it already I would strongly recommend waiting for a much bigger discount before you consider buying it though. Save the full/high-price purchases for games that officially support Linux, to support & encourage more official Linux releases :)
Pangaea666: Suppose Witcher 3 still isn't in perfect playable state?
adamhm: No, but it's not far off. Even if TW3 did work perfectly if you don't have it already I would strongly recommend waiting for a much bigger discount before you consider buying it though. Save the full/high-price purchases for games that officially support Linux, to support & encourage more official Linux releases :)
Think I'll heed that advice. Since the game doesn't work perfectly without artifacts I won't be playing it now, and won't hae time anyway. Especially since I've become heavily involved in updating the Pillars of Eternity Wiki, which has native Linux support.

Damn shame CDPR is showing the Linux community a cold shoulder. But then the CDPR of today probably wouldn't have helped GOG on its feet either. Normally DRM Free + Linux is a perfect match, and CDPR should have been all over it.

Oh, and on the note of Pillars of Eternity, it's still possible to pledge support for Pillars of Eternity II until October 31st. Just in case somebody here hasn't, and are interested. Native Linux support :) The way it should be done.
https://eternity.obsidian.net/backer
Post edited October 18, 2017 by Pangaea666
Has anyone been able to get The Suffering or The Suffering: The Ties that Bind working in WINE?

Out of the box, the game freezes on a black screen in WINE 2.19 (OS X 10.7/GMA X3100 graphics). According to the AppDB, the game is rated Gold; all you need to do is install wmvcore.dll, which is a part of wmp10; unfortunately, wmp10 doesn't seem to work in winetricks for some odd reason.
rampancy: Has anyone been able to get The Suffering or The Suffering: The Ties that Bind working in WINE?

Out of the box, the game freezes on a black screen in WINE 2.19 (OS X 10.7/GMA X3100 graphics). According to the AppDB, the game is rated Gold; all you need to do is install wmvcore.dll, which is a part of wmp10; unfortunately, wmp10 doesn't seem to work in winetricks for some odd reason.
Do the games run on that iGPU?! :-O <off to test on my own laptop with the same chip>