It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: In regular Wine, in my experience, you can now see the main menu and attempt to load the game but then it crashes while loading.

Way back when, the game wouldn't even show you anything other than a green screen...
That doesn't sound good. On the other hand a lot of progress has been made. With the current discount and price it's tempting to put the game into the backlog and hope it will run in Wine not too far in the future. Hard decision... :)
I did not know that WineHQ can have bug reports for games when the game itself has no entry. Thanks for the references!

muntdefems: I seem to remember trying it with Wine Staging 2.16 with CSMT enabled and working out of the box. I only played the first tutorial level, though.
Sounds good. Thanks!
Post edited September 24, 2017 by eiii
eiii: I did not know that WineHQ can have bug reports for games when the game itself has no entry. Thanks for the references!
It would make no sense otherwise. Why would you make it harder to report bugs? I would guess more bugs are not linked then are linked as it's done manually.
te_lanus: Game: 8-bit Armies
Winetricks Needed: Installed DX10 and DX11 dll's via winetricks
Allow me to request this again:
Can you also install the POL xact component? That correctly calls regsvr32 on the xaudio DLLs unlike the POL_Install_dxfullsetup. Assuming it still works with that component that will simplify what you need to do under Wine to replicate what POL did.
Additionally, what you actually did was quite a bit more than native d3dx10_33 d3dx10_34 d3dx10_35 d3dx10_36 d3dx10_37 d3dx10_38 d3dx10_39 d3dx10_40 d3dx10_41 d3dx10_42 d3dx10_43 d3dx11_42 d3dx11_43.
Post edited September 24, 2017 by Gydion
Pangaea666: With Wine-staging up to 2.17, how is the Witcher 3 situation?
shmerl: It's good. Depending also on whether you use Mesa, you might need a special workaround for now for the Velen freeze.

See: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=101731#c61

Wine patch is coming soon: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43273#c42
Sounds promising; hopefully I can buy it soon. Of course I'd prefer a "proper" Linux version, but sadly it looks like CDPR have abandoned the platform :(
Pangaea666: Sounds promising; hopefully I can buy it soon. Of course I'd prefer a "proper" Linux version, but sadly it looks like CDPR have abandoned the platform :(
Yeah. After all this.
Pangaea666: Do you have some screenshots or something of the errors? Not paid much attention to the blue circle to be honest, as it's generally bat-shit crazy (and if you move to it, it funnily tends to move somewhere else :D), but I've definitely not seen the only-food icons in city screens.
adamhm: Thanks for posting about this; it looks like I missed some libraries as installing d3dx9_31 and d3dx9_32 fixes it. I'm not sure how I managed to miss those as I did test with the full set of d3dx9_## libraries while trying to solve the other issues, but oh well... it's fixed now at least :)

The grey circle in the tutorial persists, but that's not really a problem as it's very obvious what you're supposed to do at that point (setting UseGLSL=disabled fixes it but causes other problems with the main game so it's not worth doing).

I've attached a screenshot showing both issues anyway.

Pangaea666: Don't think I've played with CSMT (but I don't see that in the options?), and I prefer to play it in fullscreen mode. Works much better with edge-of-screen scrolling, and I "disappear" into the game world more effectively. Heh. Maybe not a good thing. I can play a single game for 50-100 hours.
adamhm: You need a recent version of Wine. For regular versions of Wine you need to set the CSMT registry entry (https://wiki.winehq.org/Useful_Registry_Keys ) but these don't yet include the full CSMT patchset. In Wine Staging you simply open winecfg and check the box under the "Staging" tab to enable it. Wine Staging with CSMT enabled should offer much better performance.

I'm running the game fullscreen at 1920x1200, performance seems fine (can get a little stuttery in places but nothing really bad so far at least).
Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you got it working :) Very strange bugs in the screenshot you posted. I've not seen that before, but then I have probably never played 'normal' Civ4 either, where the tutorial is. I actually don't have the GOG version, but a store-bought one ages ago, which works well since they removed the CD-check with a patch (maybe the last one, but not 100% sure on that).

I've played thousands of hours in the game, on Linux (no kdding either!), and haven' had any real issues. As mentioned the game can get sluggish in the later eras, especially on big maps (large or huge), but that's not a Linux issue. It's like that for everybody, even on modern computers.

I love the game, though, and recommend everybody with interest in that kind of games to invest in it. IMO, it's the best in the series. Deeper and more complex than the later games. And actually offers pretty darn tough opposition on the toughest difficulty setting (Deity).

Looking back at the screenshots I posted almost hurts, because the superior move would have been to settle on the marble for a 3-hammer city tile (it even retains fresh-water bonus). But oh well, I'm not playing the game right now. Need a break after wearing myself out :D
Not sure if someone posted this but here's a warning.

If Wine ever goes kaput and it will show the Internal Error. Make sure if you are using FreeType 2.8.1 version, if you do. Immediately downgrade it!. Wanted to check how Pandemonium 2 is in Wine Staging 2.17 and Wine won't set up the prefix for it.
Kayx291: If Wine ever goes kaput and it will show the Internal Error. Make sure if you are using FreeType 2.8.1 version, if you do. Immediately downgrade it!. Wanted to check how Pandemonium 2 is in Wine Staging 2.17 and Wine won't set up the prefix for it.
Is there a Wine bug about it? Downgrading isn't really a long term solution.
Kayx291: If Wine ever goes kaput and it will show the Internal Error. Make sure if you are using FreeType 2.8.1 version, if you do. Immediately downgrade it!. Wanted to check how Pandemonium 2 is in Wine Staging 2.17 and Wine won't set up the prefix for it.
shmerl: Is there a Wine bug about it? Downgrading isn't really a long term solution.
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43715

Here ya go
shmerl: Is there a Wine bug about it? Downgrading isn't really a long term solution.
A patch is in the works: https://source.winehq.org/patches/data/137364 :)
Kayx291: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43715

Here ya go
Good, looks like Wine developers are going to fix it soon.
Game: Pandemonium! 2
Installer's MD5: 7fe0be8b99eec1f8082e2e6b5fd65bc7 setup_pandemonium2_2.1.0.6.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=15563
CodeWeavers link: None

Distro: Arch Linux 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.13.3-1 Zen
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240M
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.102-17
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 2.17-1 via Q4Wine

Install notes: In order to get the music to work you need to add winmm as native,built-in.

How well does it run: Almost Perfect

Details:
* Tested the 1st 3 levels
* nGlide works fine
* The music won't loop, instead it will play the next track.
Is Fallout 1 broken on 10.13 (High Sierra)? I had fallout working on the previous version, but now all I get is error initalizing video mode. I did a lot of search around, but al the threads are really old. Any one got a current guide how to run fallout 1 which what settings
Post edited September 29, 2017 by mvaneijgen
mvaneijgen: Is Fallout 1 broken on 10.13 (High Sierra)? I had fallout working on the previous version, but now all I get is error initalizing video mode. I did a lot of search around, but al the threads are really old. Any one got a current guide how to run fallout 1 which what settings
What Wine build are you using, Wine version, Fallout 1 installer, etc? Feel free to be specific about the actual error as well.
mvaneijgen: Is Fallout 1 broken on 10.13 (High Sierra)? I had fallout working on the previous version, but now all I get is error initalizing video mode. I did a lot of search around, but al the threads are really old. Any one got a current guide how to run fallout 1 which what settings
Gydion: What Wine build are you using, Wine version, Fallout 1 installer, etc? Feel free to be specific about the actual error as well.
Wine version (via wineskin winery)
WS9Wine1.9.10

Fallout version
Steam Retail - includes latest patch and High Resolution Mod.

Every thing runs fine, I get the smashscreen, but when I hit play my screen flickers a few times and than I get the error `error initalizing video mode 1024x768`
Has anyone here got Shantae and the Pirate's Curse to run in Wine? It supposedly should work fine since several earlier versions of Wine staging. I've tried a few different ones, older and newer (up to WineStaging2.16), and while it gets the game to start up, I can hear the game audio, and I can blindly affect menu choices, all I see is a black window/screen. Playing around with screen options didn't do anything, and I'm not sure what winetrick could fix this (if at all). Is there anything I can tweak to make this work?

This is on MacOS Sierra.
Post edited October 04, 2017 by mistermumbles