It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DRM-free approach in games has been at the heart of GOG.COM from day one. We strongly believe that if you buy a game, it should be yours, and you can play it the way it’s convenient for you, and not how others want you to use it.

The landscape has changed since 2008, and today many people don’t realize what DRM even means. And still the DRM issue in games remains – you’re never sure when and why you can be blocked from accessing them. And it’s not only games that are affected, but your favourite books, music, movies and apps as well.

To help understand what DRM means, how it influences your games and other digital media, and what benefits come with DRM-free approach, we’re launching the FCK DRM initiative. The goal is to educate people and ignite a discussion about DRM. To learn more visit https://fckdrm.com, and share your opinions and stories about DRM and how it affects you.
Cavalary: Just got this from Zoom:

"Thanks for sharing! While we very much appreciate you thinking of us, we have other more serious issues with GOG, besides simple competition. Therefore, I’m afraid we must decline. Thank you again though for the thought."

So they won't be listed because they specifically don't want to be associated with GOG, not because GOG skipped over them. Wondering what those issues are now though.
Those are strong words. Now we've got to find out what the beef is. If that's something they'd just throw out there to an inquiring customer, what are they saying to other developers or publishers behind closed doors? There seem to be former Sega people involved with the Zoom Platform and perhaps they still have relationships with the current Sega leadership, which might not bode well for a certain hedgehog hanging out with GOG the DRM-free Bear.
Post edited August 23, 2018 by Downtown_Special
Kanashe: While the community is mostly made of people who consider themselves special or part of some "movement" by buying games from GoG or supporting them.
Except you. Except you. You da only enlightened man here.
Bump for DRM-free.

Thx GOG.
high rated
Just adding my two cents. I feel as games get farther away from gamers owning them, DRM free options like GOG will become more important, at least that's my hope. Gamers are some of the worst consumers because a lot of them let companies act like pushers for their addictions. Gamers seemingly will take large amounts of BS and abuse just to play their favorite video games franchises when the games aren't what they used to be, it's like they don't even appreciate what is happening to their favorite hobby, or maybe they're so addicited they don't care.

Games as a service is a real thing the gaming industry will push and is pushing for; expect the not-to-distant future to be major companies pushing for STREAMING ONLY services. I think you can see little baby steps towards streaming only service already with Bethesda and Fallout76; if they can they will get gamers to subsribe to their major titles so they keep paying until the company decides they're done. This is a nightmare scenario but, one I don't feel is that out of the realms of possability.

So I hope more gamers get sick of all this extra BS in front of their games and come back to the roots of what it was always supposed to be; buy game, own game, install game, play game. Simplicity.

SO FCK DRM.

Thank you GOG for your part in helping games and gamers get back to DRM Free gaming.
Post edited August 23, 2018 by Royial20
Good guy GOG. Serious thumbs up on this one, a business that is actually supporting the gaming consumers rather than talking down to them.
lazarhead: DRM is not only making games run worse, but ensures 10 years from now, they would be unplayable.
darthspudius: I hate to tell you this but games have had DRM on them going back multiple generations. It's nothing new and doesn't necessarily effect performance.
Those old games had copy protections which could be easily circumvented.
Try to play games like Darkspore not in ten years, but NOW. Good luck.

Regarding performance: He was talking about DRM mechanism like Denuvo, which is basically malware.
I admit i'm a bit upset that one key platform for DRM-Free music was completely forgotten in the examples povided by the website:

Magnatune !

It is older than GOG itself (i discovered it in 2006, way before GOG's beta); and even then (and maybe before), it already used to sell DRM free file formats (from FLAC and Ogg to complete CD-Audio iso of albums)

At that time, it was also the best artist cut for sales (50%) at a time when itunes already was in monopoly but would give a mere 2 cent on each tune to the artists. I know that nowadays, 50% cut seems "low" compared to bandcamp or whatever... But still

It is historically the FIRST platform which started selling DRM free music. Too bad it was forgotten...
I recently started using GOG and am loving the fact that a game is really mine, keep up the good work and never allow DRM here at GOG.
FCK DRM

Keep it up, GOG! Hope you find many more decades of success fighting DRM.
Thanks GOG!

This innitiative is the a perfect example how GOG understands their customer base! I support this 100%.
TY GOG.

DRM FREE Games Forever!
I wish publishers and developers would learn from CD Projekt with their GOG platform and their succes based on their dedications to consumers with ideas such as: If the paying customer is having a worse experience than somebody who plays the game for free something is absolutely wrong (requiring online connection, accounts, mandatory malware that slows CPU running in the background, and uncertainty that you will be able to play the game you bought long after their service and DRM shuts down). DRM is the epitomy of anti-consumer practices that drive people into piracy.
I approve of this initiative.

Just saying.
:) Still a heated discussion...
low rated
Kanashe: While the community is mostly made of people who consider themselves special or part of some "movement" by buying games from GoG or supporting them.
ZFR: Except you. Except you. You da only enlightened man here.
Nah, I'm just a guy who likes making fun of other GoG users. I mostly buy crap/use GoG because: A. They sometimes have games that aren't on steam; B. I get the free games of those I already own on steam; C. Once in a blue fucking moon they might actually have a decent discount sale.

So, really less about me being "enlightened" and more than I simply don't give two shits about this DRM-free bullshit movement, and just buy stuff from 'em.

heisengod: I wish publishers and developers would learn from CD Projekt with their GOG platform and their succes based on their dedications to consumers with ideas such as: If the paying customer is having a worse experience than somebody who plays the game for free something is absolutely wrong (requiring online connection, accounts, mandatory malware that slows CPU running in the background, and uncertainty that you will be able to play the game you bought long after their service and DRM shuts down). DRM is the epitomy of anti-consumer practices that drive people into piracy.
Just an FYI Felicia, but people pirate shit even it doesn't have DRM on it. Don't believe me? Take a gander at some torrents sites that usually have some GoG content on 'em.
Post edited August 23, 2018 by Kanashe