It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DRM-free approach in games has been at the heart of GOG.COM from day one. We strongly believe that if you buy a game, it should be yours, and you can play it the way it’s convenient for you, and not how others want you to use it.

The landscape has changed since 2008, and today many people don’t realize what DRM even means. And still the DRM issue in games remains – you’re never sure when and why you can be blocked from accessing them. And it’s not only games that are affected, but your favourite books, music, movies and apps as well.

To help understand what DRM means, how it influences your games and other digital media, and what benefits come with DRM-free approach, we’re launching the FCK DRM initiative. The goal is to educate people and ignite a discussion about DRM. To learn more visit https://fckdrm.com, and share your opinions and stories about DRM and how it affects you.
Kanashe: Actually a good portion I got of them because I already owned 'em on steam. An feeling hipster or rebellious? Nah, I'm just not hailing GoG as some sort of holy grain and giving 'em a constant circle jerk.
ZFR: Ah, I see it now. This actually explains everything.

I was wondering if you are just a troll having fun pissing off others. But this actually explains it. You use GOG like everyone else. But of all the people here, it's you who's different. *You* are not just a rebel and hipster like everyone else.

Now I understand, Kanashe. It's OK. Everyone want to feel like he's different. Like he's a rebel.
Looking at that avatar, I'm not so sure. The facial hair and the hat, it's definitely saying hipster to me!
AngeLusFr: When I saw this news I laugh to be honest...

Because you know...

GOG Galaxy is a thing.

And by the way the site is running trackers funny when "Defective by Design" (something that the site promote) say that it's bad.
What's wrong with Galaxy?
Kanashe: ...
muntdefems: Please, tell us how many of your 141 GOG games you've paid for and how "hipster" and "rebel" you feel for doing so.
attack him with his profile when yours is a 404?
Magmarock: What's wrong with Galaxy?
It's a client. And it connects. So if any game would require it, it would clearly be DRM. Admittedly, currently even that's not against said sole remaining aspect of GOG's mission statement, since it just happens for the multiplayer of some games, and GOG never actually promised DRM free MP (and GWENT doesn't have SP (yet)).
AngeLusFr: BYE DRM
I like it too. It's saying goodbye, but reminds people that they are actually paying people to screw them over. As in, real money. Huge dollars going to screwing customers instead of development, free dlc, lower price, or giving their employees better health insurance.
low rated
ZFR: Ah, I see it now. This actually explains everything.

I was wondering if you are just a troll having fun pissing off others. But this actually explains it. You use GOG like everyone else. But of all the people here, it's you who's different. *You* are not just a rebel and hipster like everyone else.

Now I understand, Kanashe. It's OK. Everyone want to feel like he's different. Like he's a rebel.
groundhog42: Looking at that avatar, I'm not so sure. The facial hair and the hat, it's definitely saying hipster to me!
Aw, attacking someones avatar and calling them a hipster in return? C'mon you sad fanboys can do better than that
Ooooh boy... I have a TON of first hand experiences to share on that site, and some are so horrendous it's going to feel like a Creepy Pasta thread. OK, off to write my essays on the subject at the initiative site.
:)
Magmarock: What's wrong with Galaxy?
Cavalary: It's a client. And it connects. So if any game would require it, it would clearly be DRM. Admittedly, currently even that's not against said sole remaining aspect of GOG's mission statement, since it just happens for the multiplayer of some games, and GOG never actually promised DRM free MP (and GWENT doesn't have SP (yet)).
It's optional doesn't require internet to be installed (not that it has much use offline but it's there if you want.) The multiplayer stuff is probably just social features like join game and stuff.
Magmarock: It's optional doesn't require internet to be installed (not that it has much use offline but it's there if you want.) The multiplayer stuff is probably just social features like join game and stuff.
Did you notice me saying "if any game would require it"? As in, not be optional for that game?
As for what it means to be required for multiplayer, check out the games listed.
Don't mistake copyright with DRM, copyright on graphics, media ( video audio music etc etc etc) is not DRM, you are restricted to usage but in certain cases you are allowed to add or change lets say a certain graphic ( istock, and any online site that sells licences).

With games there is nothing to change or add like there is with graphics or texts , removing DRM by cracking or reverse engineering or apply patches or whatever they call it to make the game run any where and be duplicated everywhere.
Audio with DRM , can be recorded you don't want that cause it takes more time cause you have to listen to it while
recording it with a tool on the PC.

Everything has copyright on it many things are allowed to be used or quoted from provided you credit the one who wrote, crated it, some graphics can be used/re-used and sometimes altered if you link to it online, but thats different from game copyright and DRM in games.

Anyway it's quite complicated with all DRM, copyright rules/laws that exist.
Magmarock: Meanwhile without internet neither the package-manager or the index will be able to download the correct dependencies needed to get programs to work. There is no offline method to do this either.
Would you quit spouting this incorrect information?

You can host local repositories which are clones of the official ones and tell the package manager to use that instead, resulting in a fully offline (if it is on the same machine and you mirrored at least all the latest versions of the packages) installation of the OS and any packages you might want to install from those repositories.
Magmarock: Meanwhile without internet neither the package-manager or the index will be able to download the correct dependencies needed to get programs to work. There is no offline method to do this either.
xyem: Would you quit spouting this incorrect information?

You can host local repositories which are clones of the official ones and tell the package manager to use that instead, resulting in a fully offline (if it is on the same machine and you mirrored at least all the latest versions of the packages) installation of the OS and any packages you might want to install from those repositories.
Fine, there is no "practical" offline method of doing this.
maxRunnr: Not only can you download and install the dependencies offline, you can also create your own repo and push updates through your internal LAN to servers and workstations. Why any home user would do this I'm not sure.
I have (and do) a lot of Arch Linux installations, so I have a mirror of their repositories.

I also have a RPi I carry with me with a partial mirror on it for doing installations "in the field". Very useful!
low rated
The Witcher 3 run only on DRM platforms.

This initiative is hypocrite.
Magmarock: Fine, there is no "practical" offline method of doing this.
Sure, because running rsync to sync your mirror and adding two lines to your package manager configuration file so it will use it is just so impractical!