It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sunshinecorp: Well... Anchor. :) I think they're in Frisco.
Gunsang: You're from Greece, talking 'bout Frisco; I know of 2 Friscos: Frisco, CO and Frisco, TX. What gives?
San Francisco. :)
Gunsang: You're from Greece, talking 'bout Frisco; I know of 2 Friscos: Frisco, CO and Frisco, TX. What gives?
sunshinecorp: San Francisco. :)
I see, bit drunk as I'm sure you can tell; Ok I got it on the search engine. That looks good, haven't tried it unfortunately. I got another great local beer to fire back at you: Coconut Porter from Broken Compass Brewing in Breckenridge. That one is really good, but I think they're only from the bar/brewery. I don't think they have any real distribution.
sunshinecorp: San Francisco. :)
Gunsang: I see, bit drunk as I'm sure you can tell; Ok I got it on the search engine. That looks good, haven't tried it unfortunately. I got another great local beer to fire back at you: Coconut Porter from Broken Compass Brewing in Breckenridge. That one is really good, but I think they're only from the bar/brewery. I don't think they have any real distribution.
Trying out the local beer is one of my favorite things to do, when it's available. But Breckenridge is over six thousand miles away. :)
Gunsang: I see, bit drunk as I'm sure you can tell; Ok I got it on the search engine. That looks good, haven't tried it unfortunately. I got another great local beer to fire back at you: Coconut Porter from Broken Compass Brewing in Breckenridge. That one is really good, but I think they're only from the bar/brewery. I don't think they have any real distribution.
sunshinecorp: Trying out the local beer is one of my favorite things to do, when it's available. But Breckenridge is over six thousand miles away. :)
Right, local beers can be hella good. Does Anchor make it all the way to Greece, or did you make a trip to SanFran?
I'm almost sure they had Boddingtons at my corner store today when I bought a Sleeman Selections 12 pack.

I wish they had good stouts. They have the standard one, Guinness, which is nice enough but I prefer one with a bit more oomph. I really wish there was a pub around here with a good imported selection.

There's a Belgian restaurant nearby with a great beer list, as well as mussels and fries to die for but it's too popular for its size so one has to get reservations in advance.
Post edited February 08, 2015 by justanoldgamer
sunshinecorp: Trying out the local beer is one of my favorite things to do, when it's available. But Breckenridge is over six thousand miles away. :)
Gunsang: Right, local beers can be hella good. Does Anchor make it all the way to Greece, or did you make a trip to SanFran?
Indeed it does make it all the way here.
justanoldgamer: I'm almost sure they had Boddingtons at my corner store today when I bought a Sleeman Selections 12 pack.
From what I gather, they probably just moved production to a different brewery.
Post edited February 08, 2015 by sunshinecorp
justanoldgamer: I'm almost sure they had Boddingtons at my corner store today when I bought a Sleeman Selections 12 pack.

I wish they had good stouts. They have the standard one, Guinness, which is nice enough but I prefer one with a bit more oomph. I really wish there was a pub around here with a good imported selection.

There's a Belgian restaurant nearby with a great beer list, as well as mussels and fries to die for but it's too popular for its size so one has to get reservations in advance.
At a corner store? In Colorado we only have 3-2 beer(3.2%) at anywhere other than liquor stores. I thought that in Canada you should only go to Gov Liqour Stores, 'else it's way too expensive... Is that only a BC thing?

I haven't had any Sleeman Selections; what's the deal with that?'

Guinness is good enough, but I tend to prefer others as well.

That's a bummer, although doesn't good Canadian fries amount to poutine? I know a great Mexican place in Glenwood Springs, Colorado that used to sell the best "Super Fries". What's the deal with the Belgian fries? Or are they just regular fries that are really good?

Sebek: My grandparents brought me 10 liters of some home made wine which is great.
I put 1cm at the bottom of a glass + some soda and I'm already dunkr.
This is gonna be fun, gonna whack some good 'ol medievil 2.
Have a great weekend!
Nice! I bet you'll have a great weekend!
Gunsang: doesn't good Canadian fries amount to poutine?
DISCO FRIES!
Gunsang: Right, local beers can be hella good. Does Anchor make it all the way to Greece, or did you make a trip to SanFran?
sunshinecorp: Indeed it does make it all the way here.
sunshinecorp: From what I gather, they probably just moved production to a different brewery.
That is an impressive reach for a Californian beer; I haven't seen any Greek beer over here...

I hope they only moved production to another brewery; that is one of my favorite beers.
Gunsang: doesn't good Canadian fries amount to poutine?
sunshinecorp: DISCO FRIES!
Right....
Post edited February 08, 2015 by Gunsang
Gunsang: I haven't seen any Greek beer over here...
You're not missing out on anything. We don't really have beer that's worth mentioning. Some microbreweries are marginally good, but nothing to write home about.
Gunsang: At a corner store? In Colorado we only have 3-2 beer(3.2%) at anywhere other than liquor stores. I thought that in Canada you should only go to Gov Liqour Stores, 'else it's way too expensive... Is that only a BC thing?

I haven't had any Sleeman Selections; what's the deal with that?'

Guinness is good enough, but I tend to prefer others as well.

That's a bummer, although doesn't good Canadian fries amount to poutine? I know a great Mexican place in Glenwood Springs, Colorado that used to sell the best "Super Fries". What's the deal with the Belgian fries? Or are they just regular fries that are really good?
In Quebec corner/convenient store (which are called depanneur here) can sell wine and beer and various alcoholic beverage, the government store (SAQ for Societe des Alcool du Quebec) sells imported beer, wine, and hard liquor.

Sleeman Selections is a mixed beer pack of Sleeman beers which is an Ontario Brewery.

We do not always eat fries in poutines. And fries are a Belgium specialty.
Gunsang: -Snip-
justanoldgamer: In Quebec corner/convenient store (which are called depanneur here) can sell wine and beer and various alcoholic beverage, the government store (SAQ for Societe des Alcool du Quebec) sells imported beer, wine, and hard liquor.

Sleeman Selections is a mixed beer pack of Sleeman beers which is an Ontario Brewery.

Yeah, Quebec, you guys really are different from the rest of the country.

So in Quebec, Gov stores can sell more items, but it's not necessarily a cost benefit?

Of course you don't always eat fries in the form of poutine... but isn't it much better that way? Seriously poutine and my "Super Fries" are so dang good. (There's also "Chile Cheese Fries", but: meh.)

Yes, fries are supposed to be a Belgium specialty, but so is their beer, and I don't think their beer is all that great(at least not what I've had).

Gunsang: I haven't seen any Greek beer over here...
sunshinecorp: You're not missing out on anything. We don't really have beer that's worth mentioning. Some microbreweries are marginally good, but nothing to write home about.
That's a bummer. So most beers are imported then? Still surprised Anchor made is all the way over there, but maybe it's a Foster's type of deal.
justanoldgamer: In Quebec corner/convenient store (which are called depanneur here) can sell wine and beer and various alcoholic beverage, the government store (SAQ for Societe des Alcool du Quebec) sells imported beer, wine, and hard liquor.

Gunsang: Yeah, Quebec, you guys really are different from the rest of the country.

So in Quebec, Gov stores can sell more items, but it's not necessarily a cost benefit?

Of course you don't always eat fries in the form of poutine... but isn't it much better that way? Seriously poutine and my "Super Fries" are so dang good. (There's also "Chile Cheese Fries", but: meh.)

Yes, fries are supposed to be a Belgium specialty, but so is their beer, and I don't think their beer is all that great(at least not what I've had).

sunshinecorp: You're not missing out on anything. We don't really have beer that's worth mentioning. Some microbreweries are marginally good, but nothing to write home about.
Gunsang: That's a bummer. So most beers are imported then? Still surprised Anchor made is all the way over there, but maybe it's a Foster's type of deal.
Yeah, mostly imported stuff. And most people really drink awful swill like Heineken or Amstel. I swear, we need a Beer Ed class integrated into our education system. :p
Fortunately, you can find a lot of good imported beer, when you actually know where to look for it.
Gunsang: So in Quebec, Gov stores can sell more items, but it's not necessarily a cost benefit?

I'm not sure what you mean by cost benefit. On average, depanneur wine is cheaper than SAQ wine, but so is its quality.

I love a good poutine but I also love straight fries with vinegar and salt, or mayonaise, or even ketchup from time to time.

If you only had Stella Artois or a Floreffe then you haven't had a proper sample of Belgium beer. Try a Chouffe or better yet a Grande Chouffe, or one of three strenght of Chimay if you like strong beer. Belgian beers aren't my favourites though, the good ones are too sweet for my taste.
Gunsang: So in Quebec, Gov stores can sell more items, but it's not necessarily a cost benefit?

justanoldgamer: I'm not sure what you mean by cost benefit. On average, depanneur wine is cheaper than SAQ wine, but so is its quality.

I love a good poutine but I also love straight fries with vinegar and salt, or mayonaise, or even ketchup from time to time.

If you only had Stella Artois or a Floreffe then you haven't had a proper sample of Belgium beer. Try a Chouffe or better yet a Grande Chouffe, or one of three strenght of Chimay if you like strong beer. Belgian beers aren't my favourites though, the good ones are too sweet for my taste.
Cost-Benefit simply means cheaper, or more "worth it, for the price".

On occasion I can do fries and ketchup, but I've only had "super fries" and poutine for the last 2-3 years. BTW have you ever done mayonaise and pizza? I haven't had the guts to try it, but it's/was a big deal in my area.

Yeah, Stella Artois I've tried, but I haven't had the others; perhaps I need to try this "Chouffe" if it's available(damn liqueur laws).
Gunsang: -Snip-
sunshinecorp: Yeah, mostly imported stuff. And most people really drink awful swill like Heineken or Amstel. I swear, we need a Beer Ed class integrated into our education system. :p
Fortunately, you can find a lot of good imported beer, when you actually know where to look for it.
Hahaha, sounds like you need a Beer Ed class man. That's a shame you don't have very good domestic beers, it's nice to be able to have pride in your own beers(and by your own I mean region, not country; my country{the U.S.} is way too big to have pride in, frinkin' southerners.).