It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Damn it! Yesterday I started humming certain tune that I recall hearing many many times as a kid, and kept wondering what tune it is. How can you ever search for a tune, I can't hum it to google, can I? It had no vocals so I can't search for lyrics either.

I'll have to ask my big brother, he usually knows right away what tune I am talking about. Earlier when this happened, the tune was music from a movie (The Alexander, the uplifting tune just before the big battle of Macedonians and the Persians started, right after Alexander gave the speech to his troops), I remembered it myself after awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYchCMe5btI#t=418

This tune, however, is probably something from the radio, from the 80s or so probably.

And no, it was not "Sandstorm" by Darude.
Post edited November 08, 2015 by timppu
timppu: I can't hum it to google, can I?
This site attempts to ID hummed songs:
http://www.midomi.com/

It's been around for eight years, now. So maybe it is effective. I haven't used it yet myself. I also rely on my brother's memory.
timppu:
Can you upload you humming on vocaroo?
Any advice on how to become more decisive and not think so much?. Both are killing me in this life....
Niggles: Any advice on how to become more decisive and not think so much?. Both are killing me in this life....
Booze works for me. I seem to do lots of odd stuff without thinking when I'm intoxicated.
Post edited November 09, 2015 by timppu
Niggles: Any advice on how to become more decisive and not think so much?. Both are killing me in this life....
Made yourself a time limit for taking up some decisions. 24 hours seems reasonable enough, sometimes it helps sleeping over the decision also.
Hmm, to answer this or not to answer this. Let me get back with you once I mull it over for a while.
40th anniversary of the Fitz sinking and the radio stations here have been playing all the Coast Guard/Anderson tapes from that night. It has me seriously freaked out and depressed as hell now! :O
I feel increasingly like a slave chained to a system. Which I am, a white collar one at that and my employers made it abundantly clear to me today.

Now, I find that my workplace has me stifled with me being paid below my previous salary and carrying excessive workloads. There is no appreciation. Conversely, I am made to feel like a mule with all the work pressure.

I really want to freelance and probably bomb my office building and all other corporate organisations to the ground. I really despise all the politics and favouritism that goes on. It's not my ballgame and I probably might have to perish.
The world isn't to blame. Human lives aren't worth a dime. We are all pieces of thrash with overinflated egos and pompous delusions of grandeur and self worth. The idea of truth or justice is the most apocryphal notion there is.

Like Tyler Durden once said, we are all slaves with white collars, working in jobs that we hate with advertising seducing us to buy things that we don't really need.

That overwhelming sense of resentment growing bigger and bigger by the day. For instance, I nearly got fired today as I suck with office politics. My dutasteride induced brain fog makes me a burden to my company. Being introverted makes me a walking target for my bosses who don't seem to like me.

Maybe, what we all need is to blow up a hospital somewhere . Throw the world into chaos and smile as it burns down to cinder ashes.

Emachine9643: Do they want me to rob a place or someone?
Do they not see what pressure they are putting an individual in?
tort1234: No, they just want to milk you for every penny you got.

That is how the world is.

I once met a guy in a bar who was complaining about similar things and how the world is unfair. And I told him-

"For the sake of sanity, don't blame the world, don't say that it is everyone else's fault that bad things are happening to you. No one told or forced your mother to give birth to you. If bad things are happening to you, maybe you should blame the person who brought you into this crap world."

That shut him up real good.
group film UPIN IPIN
EKR has stopped broadcasting. I'm not terribly surprised that the online radio station wasn't economically sustainable, but I'm still sad to see it go.

Still, at least the Ice Stream might return as a separate entity. Until then, what am I going to listen to?
You know what's great? Getting off work tired and hungry and only wanting to get home and then waiting for the train. For 45 minutes. When it should have been 10. Outside. Where it's cold. And dark. And there are no seats. Because someone thought it would be a good idea to lock the train station two hours earlier than usual.

You know what's even better? Almost slipping in a puddle of vomit that's right behind the doors when the train finally arrives. And then wondering why it stops again after 5 minutes. In the middle of nowhere. And then after you stood there for half an hour without any information as to why it has stopped you look out the window. And what do you see? The conductor running around outside. Waving a flashlight. While the bunch of costumed drunks in your compartment tries to make you sing along with them. To 5 different songs at once.

And you know what's the best part? After the train has finally reached its destination waving goodbye to the last bus of the day disappearing in the distance. That you needed to be in.
Lionel212008: The world isn't to blame. Human lives aren't worth a dime. We are all pieces of thrash with overinflated egos and pompous delusions of grandeur and self worth. The idea of truth or justice is the most apocryphal notion there is.

Like Tyler Durden once said, we are all slaves with white collars, working in jobs that we hate with advertising seducing us to buy things that we don't really need.

That overwhelming sense of resentment growing bigger and bigger by the day. For instance, I nearly got fired today as I suck with office politics. My dutasteride induced brain fog makes me a burden to my company. Being introverted makes me a walking target for my bosses who don't seem to like me.

Maybe, what we all need is to blow up a hospital somewhere . Throw the world into chaos and smile as it burns down to cinder ashes.

tort1234: snip.
Lionel212008:
Lionel212008 you just made the best post ever.

https://media.giphy.com/media/37Ez5CZ8P0jSM/giphy.gif
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?