It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

viperfdl: Personally I can understand that some people don't want to be wage slaves.
F4LL0UT: Me too. I once actually read a lengthy article about a German guy on welfare, it described tons of tricks which actually resulted in quite a luxurious life. A beautiful home, good food, lots of entertainment and not a single worry in the world. All achieved by cutting corners in just the right places, borrowing things we normally buy, doing things we hire people for all by himself etc.. I know that he was exploiting the system but heck, I not only envied him, I literally admired his life philosophy.
Do you mean the so-called "Florida Rolf" who is mentioned in this article (page 2, paragraph 5)?
Post edited November 01, 2015 by viperfdl
I've gotten too old to open child safety caps.
tinyE: I've gotten too old to open child safety caps.
Lel.

I have some stye (yes, had to use some dictionary for that) in my eye. That's a bitch. I blame chicken grease, normal stress and never sleeping great.
tinyE: I've gotten too old to open child safety caps.
Antimateria: Lel.

I have some stye (yes, had to use some dictionary for that) in my eye. That's a bitch. I blame chicken grease, normal stress and never sleeping great.
Yeah, I can understand you. I had a lot of them when I was still in school.
Emob78: I said I've known some poor gay people. They were gross, perverted losers who did things I'd rather not repeat here. Simple statement of fact.

Why so serious? Do poor people or gay people get a free pass in life just because of their lifestyle or economic condition? Think about that for a minute, then you'll know the answer, and then you'll also know why I make comments like that. It doesn't have anything to do with homophobia or class warfare.
I think that it is important to show what you put the emphasis on: assholes that are also accidentally poor/gay in contrast to poor/gay people that are also accidentally assholes.
Post edited November 01, 2015 by viperfdl
viperfdl: Do you mean the so-called "Florida Rolf" who is mentioned in this article (page 2, paragraph 5)?
No idea, I read that story too many years ago, like 2007 or something.

Edit: Okay, no, definitely not him. Dude I'm referring to was much younger and wasn't that much of a scumbag. When I said "beautiful home" I just meant that the guy had renovated his flat all by himself, borrowing tools from friends, getting the materials from people who had left-overs from their own renovations etc., ending up with a really nice modern place that you normally would pay tens of thousands of euros for if you had workers do it for you.
Post edited November 01, 2015 by F4LL0UT
monkeydelarge: What?!? Emob78 hates poor and gay people? How can this be?!?!
Emob78: I said I've known some poor gay people. They were gross, perverted losers who did things I'd rather not repeat here. Simple statement of fact.

Why so serious? Do poor people or gay people get a free pass in life just because of their lifestyle or economic condition? Think about that for a minute, then you'll know the answer, and then you'll also know why I make comments like that. It doesn't have anything to do with homophobia or class warfare.
You didn't make it clear, what kind of people they are. You just said "Not pleasant company."
F4LL0UT: Even oh-so productive and disciplined Germany has or at least had big problems with Germans preferring to live on welfare over getting a job.
viperfdl: Why work one's balls off in a low wage job if one still can't earn enough to live and so also gets welfare money? Just to feel superior over those who don't work at all? The common canon is instead that the "lazy" unemployed sponge the welfare system.
Personally I can understand that some people don't want to be wage slaves.
Most people who get "welfare" in this world also work because most(if not all) welfare programs make you work unless you have some kind of disability or other barrier to employment. And jobs for people who are unskilled and inexperienced pay peanuts so such people will also seek assistance just to survive. This whole everyone on welfare is getting a free ride thing is a myth perpetuated by people who would rather see their tax money go to more "conservative things" like killing innocent people in other countries(aka war) or would rather see taxes lowered. And like you said, if you have a healthy self esteem, it's hard to submit to a job that treats you like a slave. So it really doesn't make someone "lazy" or "evil" or whatever for trying to get a free ride in a country with no decent jobs available for him or her because that is just a slave trying to escape the plantation.
Post edited November 01, 2015 by monkeydelarge
viperfdl: Personally I can understand that some people don't want to be wage slaves.
F4LL0UT: Me too. I once actually read a lengthy article about a German guy on welfare, it described tons of tricks which actually resulted in quite a luxurious life. A beautiful home, good food, lots of entertainment and not a single worry in the world. All achieved by cutting corners in just the right places, borrowing things we normally buy, doing things we hire people for all by himself etc.. I know that he was exploiting the system but heck, I not only envied him, I literally admired his life philosophy.
The guy was just being smart. What he did is like hacking the Matrix. :P
F4LL0UT: Even oh-so productive and disciplined Germany has or at least had big problems with Germans preferring to live on welfare over getting a job.
viperfdl: Why work one's balls off in a low wage job if one still can't earn enough to live and so also gets welfare money? Just to feel superior over those who don't work at all? The common canon is instead that the "lazy" unemployed sponge the welfare system.
That basically sums up a lot of people. Always trying to one up other people in their minds so they can verbally shit on other people and feel good about themselves. It's also socially acceptable to be employed and socially not acceptable to be unemployed. But who decides what is socially acceptable or not? The people in power who need people to work their shitty jobs. So basically, what is socially acceptable is really what is good for the people in power and not good for everyone. That is why I stopped caring about what is socially acceptable a long time ago.

monkeydelarge: You didn't make it clear, what kind of people they are. You just said "Not pleasant company."
monkeydelarge: Most people who get "welfare" in this world also work because most(if not all) welfare programs make you work unless you have some kind of disability or other barrier to employment. And jobs for people who are unskilled and inexperienced pay peanuts so such people will also seek assistance just to survive. This whole everyone on welfare is getting a free ride thing is a myth perpetuated by people who would rather see their tax money go to more "conservative things" like killing innocent people in other countries(aka war) or would rather see taxes lowered. And like you said, if you have a healthy self esteem, it's hard to submit to a job that treats you like a slave. So it really doesn't make someone "lazy" or "evil" or whatever for trying to get a free ride in a country with no decent jobs available for him or her because that is just a slave trying to escape the plantation.
Yes, I said they're not pleasant company... not including present company, of course. You warm my heart.
monkeydelarge: You didn't make it clear, what kind of people they are. You just said "Not pleasant company."

Most people who get "welfare" in this world also work because most(if not all) welfare programs make you work unless you have some kind of disability or other barrier to employment. And jobs for people who are unskilled and inexperienced pay peanuts so such people will also seek assistance just to survive. This whole everyone on welfare is getting a free ride thing is a myth perpetuated by people who would rather see their tax money go to more "conservative things" like killing innocent people in other countries(aka war) or would rather see taxes lowered. And like you said, if you have a healthy self esteem, it's hard to submit to a job that treats you like a slave. So it really doesn't make someone "lazy" or "evil" or whatever for trying to get a free ride in a country with no decent jobs available for him or her because that is just a slave trying to escape the plantation.
Emob78: Yes, I said they're not pleasant company... not including present company, of course. You warm my heart.
Best friends forever <3
monkeydelarge: (...) if you have a healthy self esteem, it's hard to submit to a job that treats you like a slave.
Either that or people become sick while working in this jobs and then can't work anymore at all.

Edit:
monkeydelarge: That basically sums up a lot of people. Always trying to one up other people in their minds so they can verbally shit on other people and feel good about themselves. It's also socially acceptable to be employed and socially not acceptable to be unemployed. But who decides what is socially acceptable or not? The people in power who need people to work their shitty jobs. So basically, what is socially acceptable is really what is good for the people in power and not good for everyone. That is why I stopped caring about what is socially acceptable a long time ago.
That's how wage slavery is enforced. They can't use whips and other methods that were used to discipline slaves in history anymore so they have to use moral pressure.
Post edited November 02, 2015 by viperfdl
monkeydelarge: (...) if you have a healthy self esteem, it's hard to submit to a job that treats you like a slave.
viperfdl: Either that or people become sick while working in this jobs and then can't work anymore at all.

Edit:
monkeydelarge: That basically sums up a lot of people. Always trying to one up other people in their minds so they can verbally shit on other people and feel good about themselves. It's also socially acceptable to be employed and socially not acceptable to be unemployed. But who decides what is socially acceptable or not? The people in power who need people to work their shitty jobs. So basically, what is socially acceptable is really what is good for the people in power and not good for everyone. That is why I stopped caring about what is socially acceptable a long time ago.
viperfdl: That's how wage slavery is enforced. They can't use whips and other methods that were used to discipline slaves in history anymore so they have to use moral pressure.
Yes. A lot of people also get work related injuries while working physically demanding jobs. They could use whips and more obvious methods but they learned it is better for them to use a Matrix style strategy to deceive people into being their slaves.
Post edited November 03, 2015 by monkeydelarge
I just found out that a bunch of code I wrote is gone from my disk. No backup, no recycle bin, undelete program found some of the files but couldn't restore them correctly. Pressure at work and I'm totally bummed.
ET3D: I just found out that a bunch of code I wrote is gone from my disk. No backup, no recycle bin, undelete program found some of the files but couldn't restore them correctly. Pressure at work and I'm totally bummed.
You should really use SVN or something so stuff like this can't happen, at least not that easily.
ET3D: I just found out that a bunch of code I wrote is gone from my disk. No backup, no recycle bin, undelete program found some of the files but couldn't restore them correctly. Pressure at work and I'm totally bummed.
Condolences... that's pretty rough.

But F4ll0ut is right, you should use some version control system, preferably on an external server. Or what I do with private projects is to store them in Google Drive (you can use BoxCryptor if you are feeling paranoid).