It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gunsynd: Not trying to be a smartarse,just to cheer you up.

Tell her and the Rat to pack and leave,and they can form a RATPACK....
*snicker* Very, very tempting.

Sage103082: I am so scared right now. Gizmo just threw up worms... Im not sure how long he has had them or if he just picked them up being in the emergency vets or the regular vets yesterday. But one was the size of my middle finger and the other the size of my pinkie but only skinny like string. I dunno what to do. The vet doesn't open until 10am and Ill be calling on the dot to get him in. =(
*big hugs* I haven't had to deal with worms with my cats, but if he's on medication already, maybe that's why he's throwing them up? I know how useless it is to say "Don't worry," so I'll just say - deep breaths, and try to stay calm, and cuddle your baby. It'll make both of you feel better.
Sage103082: I am so scared right now. Gizmo just threw up worms... Im not sure how long he has had them or if he just picked them up being in the emergency vets or the regular vets yesterday. But one was the size of my middle finger and the other the size of my pinkie but only skinny like string. I dunno what to do. The vet doesn't open until 10am and Ill be calling on the dot to get him in. =(
I wouldn't of thought worms that size would appear over a couple of days,I don't how long it is until 10am your time but maybe you need to call an Emergency Vet and talk to (him her) anyhow that's what I would do..
so back in 2009 through march 2013 I used to post here then I just take a break from the board for almost two years and now there is a bunch of people I don't even know . How dare you
CaptainGyro: so back in 2009 through march 2013 I used to post here then I just take a break from the board for almost two years and now there is a bunch of people I don't even know . How dare you
Sorry about that,I'm an Aussie does that help?
CaptainGyro: so back in 2009 through march 2013 I used to post here then I just take a break from the board for almost two years and now there is a bunch of people I don't even know . How dare you
gunsynd: Sorry about that,I'm an Aussie does that help?
anybody who has snoopy in their avatar is good in my book
gunsynd: Sorry about that,I'm an Aussie does that help?
CaptainGyro: anybody who has snoopy in their avatar is good in my book
Don't forget tiny Woodstock...
I think my depression of years is worsening. I begin regretting things. Things like: Why have i chosen Religion, and Politics as intensive courses in school and not Biology and Geography...

It's crazy, it came out of a sudden and without any warning.
Why can't doctors find a sure fix for phantom pain/sensations? Nothing I've tried, no meds, etc have been able to rid me of this b.s.... Then I run into jerks who tell me "Oh you can't have phantom pain after that many years" I'd love to punch em in the mouth. ><
I hate that I'm nervous about going to my sister tonight. It will (probably) disappear once I'm there but I hate it anyway.
Stupid anxiety disorder.
justanoldgamer: I hate that I'm nervous about going to my sister tonight. It will (probably) disappear once I'm there but I hate it anyway.
Stupid anxiety disorder.
You'll be fine, enjoy yourself.

happy new year.
A few days ago my father fell, further injuring his back which was operated on 4 years ago for severe pain and has not gotten a lot better. Without the surgery he probably would be confined to a mobility device instead of using a cane, so at least there's that.
He was taken by ambulance to the hospital for MRI's and at the time no breaks were found nor any internal injuries. My sister, mother and I have been taking care of him and until today he seemed to be on the mend. Then his blood sugar went way up (he's diabetic too) and is now back in hospital.
I worry for him, as I have done ever since I first moved back to my home state to help my mom help him recover from the surgery.He's a strong, stubborn, dignified man, and one I should do better to emulate. He never shirked from providing for his family, even when he had to go without, nor does he act in selfish or self-serving ways. Part of his troubles stem from the fact that in retirement he simply does not know what to do with himself, sadly, despite once having hobbies and friends.He mostly reads mysteries and watches tv and visits message boards for his beloved Notre Dame Fighting Irish. We don't always see eye-to-eye on matters of the world, but he is undoubtedly a man worthy of honour and respect.The highest praise I can give him is that he is truly "A Dwarf for all Clans."
There's no good thing to come out of this but it's certainly a cautionary event for my sister and I. Both of us used to be much healthier and in better shape but the weight of time (no pun intended) and, embarrassingly, laziness has fallen on me.

To everyone who still has parents that are worth the title, especially ones who don't take care of themselves as well as they should:Gently try to discuss these matters with them, and try to come to solutions together if it at all possible. Sometimes it's possible to do things like that without them even realizing it's being done.My mom takes better care of her husband than she does of herself, of course, and can be equally unmovable in some circumstances.

My heart goes out to anyone else who's parents are in poor health, I know a few of you are in similar circumstances.
Ragnarblackmane: ....
I hope they are able to figure out whats going on with him and treat quickly. It is hard to see a loved one in declining health and around the Holidays is even harder. Keep us updated, He is in my thoughts.
Sage103082: I hope they are able to figure out whats going on with him and treat quickly. It is hard to see a loved one in declining health and around the Holidays is even harder. Keep us updated, He is in my thoughts.
Thanks for the kind words...It's a bad time for my family...6 Decembers ago my uncle Jim passed. 2 years later his wife, my Aunt Diane passed. Last December an aunt fell and broke her ankle and this year she hit a patch of black ice and swerved into a pole. She's in a back brace but is thankfully ok.

Ironically winter is still my second favorite season, somehow.

PS-I am very glad to know that Gizmo's doing better too, we've been discussing it on steam but wasn't sure if people were aware of it on here, and since you posted about the poor little guy above I thought i'd point it out.
justanoldgamer: I hate that I'm nervous about going to my sister tonight. It will (probably) disappear once I'm there but I hate it anyway.
Stupid anxiety disorder.
Cavenagh: You'll be fine, enjoy yourself.

happy new year.
Happy new year.
Everything went well, I had a good time.
Ragnarblackmane: ...
I hope you father will be okay and will recover quickly. It must be comforting for him to know he has his family around him to help keep an eye on him and be there for him. I wish him and you all the best, and I hope he will soon be back home with you and your family.