It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have just pre ordered 2 medium pizzas and 4 cokes for the guys who are here to replace some windows, i really need to stop doing that...
Damn internet. I had just decided that I wanted to learn what 'sexual objectification' was all about - I have heard the phrase a few times, and it irritates me that I didn't knew anything about it. So I decided to research it, using the internet. But the moment i started searching I lost my way and somehow I ended up at Disney Dudes' Dicks: What Your Favorite Princes Look Like Naked. It is not that I had any especially pressing need need to know about the peckers of various fictive characters. It had not much relevance to the theoretical basis of objectificaiton theory. So why did I enter that place anyway? I guess it's the basic rule zero of the web: If its is crazy as fuck, you shall click it. Fuck.
A different internet problem for me: if your hotel is going to advertise its wireless connection to the 'net, then it damn well better work. And if you are going to call it "high speed" then I think 1.5 Mbps really isn't too much to ask. Fast enough to send email and do some light surfing, right?

Really getting tired of unreliable connections - at major hotel chains in major cities - in 2014. Pretty sad that my phone has a better web connection... at 3G.
HereForTheBeer: Instead of going straight to the tax folks, I'd first have the lawyer and bookkeeper take a look at it. They'll likely know the best way to respond, citing "chapter and verse" of the code to cover your butt. Good luck.
I went there without consulting anyone first. I was also out of time. I hadn't been at home for a few days and when I got the letter the official deadline had already passed (although I'm pretty sure that the letter arrived only one or two days before the deadline). Anyway, got there and pulled a number. From a distance I could see that at my particular booth there was a comparably young woman. I thought I got lucky this time, she could just be young enough to still have a soul. My number came up, I went there, I got the coldest look ever and she used several euphemisms for "idiot" because I showed up at the wrong booth. She really went through great lengths so make me feel like shit. After two additional attempts I got a number for the right booth, from a distance I could see an insanely evil looking old hag. I felt like shooting myself at that point. Then my number came up and something magical happened: that old hag turned out to be a lovable granny! She didn't smile for the first couple of minutes but she was still lovely! She solved all my problems, explained everything and even gave me friendly advice for the future! She even fixed an unrelated issue I wasn't aware of before showing up! And in the end we both even laughed!

And that, little children, is the story of how I left the tax office with a huge smile on my face. The end.
Post edited October 16, 2014 by F4LL0UT
My company finally replaced my dinosaur of a PC with a brand new i7 laptop. Drawback is the new Netnanny software blocks the whole GOG url. So sadly I can not view the GOG forums during work including my lunch hour. Also, a good majority of the websites that use facebook as a logon device I can no longer login to at work, because it is also blocked. Had to get my admin to set Chrome as my default browser. Hopefully, they relax some of these restrictions, but I doubt it.
Post edited October 17, 2014 by VABlitz
VABlitz: My company finally replaced my dinosaur of a PC with a brand new i7 laptop. Drawback is the new Netnanny software blocks the whole GOG url. So sadly I can not view the GOG forums during work including my lunch hour. Also, a good majority of the websites that use facebook as a logon device I can no longer login to at work, because it is also blocked. Had to get my admin to set Chrome as my default browser. Hopefully, they relax some of these restrictions, but I doubt it.
how are you going to survive lunch without gog...without...me?
beer or rum, that is the question.

either way, only one bottle of either /sob
Post edited October 17, 2014 by iippo
iippo: beer or rum, that is the question.

Rum, if you want to get drunk quicker/ longer. :P
Also, it's more versatile, although you would have to buy mixers for it...
VABlitz: My company finally replaced my dinosaur of a PC with a brand new i7 laptop. Drawback is the new Netnanny software blocks the whole GOG url. So sadly I can not view the GOG forums during work including my lunch hour. Also, a good majority of the websites that use facebook as a logon device I can no longer login to at work, because it is also blocked. Had to get my admin to set Chrome as my default browser. Hopefully, they relax some of these restrictions, but I doubt it.
Soccorro: how are you going to survive lunch without gog...without...me?
For now it's bringing my personal laptop and using the wireless, but I have a feeling they will be locking down the wireless next. I transferred to a new position, so my browsing time has been drastically reduced at work. I'll have to browse at night.
iippo: beer or rum, that is the question.

Getcomposted: Rum, if you want to get drunk quicker/ longer. :P
Also, it's more versatile, although you would have to buy mixers for it...
Why not both
Post edited October 18, 2014 by VABlitz
I just actually played through Daikatana.

Not sure what i should say, but this is certainly the right thread.
iippo: I just actually played through Daikatana.

Not sure what i should say, but this is certainly the right thread.
:P
Family crap. Between my Grandma being ill and a reoccurring family problem, I'm tired. In the words of Bill Cosby, "I'm sick and tired and tired and sick!"
I'm very very scared, sitting at home with my curtains closed as the fear is too much. It's the 19th of October and it's 22 degrees Celsius where I live (in the east of Holland). I'm very very scared of the climate change right now. What we're experiencing is the result of natural fluctuations coupled with the exhaust of CO2 and methane up till the eighties. The effect of all the exhaust since then is still to come. I am very very frightened, muscles tighten and my field of vision narrows literally due to fright. Took the extra medication I got to take in time of crisis (an extra dose of the anti-psychotic I got normally to lessen the stimuli).
... but climate chance and such is not something you can influence anyway - so why worry?

On a lighter note, I just recieved a brand new error message:
We have temporarily blocked your access to our website because You have exceeded number of simultaneous connections. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you see this message very often, please contact our Support Team immediately after you are able to access GOG.com normally.
I have 'simultaneous connections'? Wow, I feel totally hacker-like ... reminds me, I gotta play some more UPLINK)
Attachments:
DubConqueror: -snip-
While the matter is serious, you should still keep in mind that its not something like lightning happening from clear sky. Nothing is going to happen over night and even the very worst would come true, you would still have years of time to prepare and if necessary move elsewhere (if its flooding youre afraid of).

Anyhow, like it was mentioned already, its nothing you can directly affect to come true or not, so its nothing you really should stress about. Personally i would simply move elsewhere for sake of good nights sleep, if that would prevent me from sleeping.

Climate change is really something that on long term even the scientist find difficult to agree upon, so you shouldnt feel too bad about :)

---

And oh boy i do hate autocad. with passion.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by iippo