It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Chipped a tooth.
CrowTRobo: Car is leaking coolant AGAIN. A year ago I paid $800 to replace the intake manifold because it was leaking coolant. Apparently that is a common problem with Buick 3.1L V6 engines starting in '95 (the year of my car - how lucky!). Now its leaking again. Auto shop said it is either leaking from the timing chain cover or head gasket, but would need to disassemble part of the engine to confirm. If it was timing chain - $750, head gasket - $1300. Of course I can't afford it and don't have any money on credit cards to charge. People keep saying I should buy a newer car, but if I can't afford to get this fixed, I sure as hell can't afford a whole new car.

What kills me is the car, despite being old, is in great cosmetic shape and the engine only has 82K miles. I actually can walk to work but I will need to drive on other occasions, like shopping. I will just keep refilling the reserve/radiator (Its not a constant leak, it only leaks when the car is running). I wish the coolant temp gauge worked so I could tell if the engine is getting too hot. I hate cars, every single one of them is a money pit, regardless of age.
Yeah, I'm thinking about just using a bicycle for the rest of my life. Sure, people will laugh at me and think I'm a loser when they see an adult man riding a bicycle but why should I care what others think. I will save a lot of $$$. Maybe you can get a bicycle and use that instead of your car unless you have to go somewhere really far or go on a date with a girl(in those situations, best to use your car)?
Post edited April 17, 2014 by monkeydelarge
monkeydelarge: Maybe you can get a bicycle and use that instead of your car unless you have to go somewhere really far or go on a date with a girl(in those situations, best to use your car)?
That's what the handlebars are for.
It's mid April and this an almost live shot taken a mile down the road from my place.
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?!
Attachments:
41714.jpg (36 Kb)
Well looks like u wont be going anywhere for a while :P
Niggles: Well looks like u wont be going anywhere for a while :P
Either that or he forgot to remove the lens cap.
Niggles: Well looks like u wont be going anywhere for a while :P
Telika: Either that or he forgot to remove the lens cap.
I wish! :P
That isn't my camera BTW that's a live link posted outside a lighthouse a few miles down the road. I would never bring my electronics out in this mess.
And here I was complaining that I had to turn my heater back on and wear a light jacket when I left the house.
Yeah, they got plastered yesterday. I'm guessing it was one of the late-season heavy snows. 'Heavy' as in the weight of a high-moisture snowfall, which is a bear to shovel.
Just got my first Paycheck ever! :D I know it's no bitching but still!
The first of many! Good luck out there.
Soccorro: Just got my first Paycheck ever! :D I know it's no bitching but still!
Congrats. I hope you have a little more restraint than I did with my first one. I spent it all within two days. If you do have more restraint, try to save a little (10% a paycheck) for emergencies.
Soccorro: Just got my first Paycheck ever! :D I know it's no bitching but still!
jjsimp: Congrats. I hope you have a little more restraint than I did with my first one. I spent it all within two days. If you do have more restraint, try to save a little (10% a paycheck) for emergencies.
LOL, he's only human. Of course, he's going to spend it all.
jjsimp: Congrats. I hope you have a little more restraint than I did with my first one. I spent it all within two days. If you do have more restraint, try to save a little (10% a paycheck) for emergencies.
Just got Diablo 3 and Reaper of souls, OMG THERE IS SO MUCH STUFF TO SPEND IT ON! I'm going to get more games i'm never going to play!!!
Soccorro: Just got Diablo 3 and Reaper of souls, OMG THERE IS SO MUCH STUFF TO SPEND IT ON! I'm going to get more games i'm never going to play!!!
LOL - that's the spirit!

But yeah, good advice from jjsimp - try to put away a little bit each check. It's a bit easier nowadays since you can you usually automate that through your bank website.