It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

People are in here talking about disease, loss of family, and financial hardship yet my gripe about a silly RTS game gets the most impassioned response. XD

Hmmmm, maybe I will join NOD.
tinyE: People are in here talking about disease, loss of family, and financial hardship yet my gripe about a silly RTS game gets the most impassioned response. XD

Hmmmm, maybe I will join NOD.
Well, "life in general". Let it all out, man.

Since games qualify, I'm a bit disillusioned with Baldur's Gate. It's been a long time since I first played but I don't remember there being such a lack of choice and consequence. That, and a lot of pointless NPC encounters where it seems like you're going to get a mini-quest to help solve the problem the dude is grumbling about, and then the conversation ends. Oh. Kinda figured he might want a hand from these obviously armed-for-bugbear folks. Guess not. I suppose we'll be on our way, then.
F4LL0UT: You got pregnant? Seriously, what?
No, did you? I'm going to need a new hard drive, is all.
Trusty old power supply died today. Confirmed just a minute ago (won't run even by shorting it).

Sure it was only 480W, and with an Athlon 64 X2, a Radeon 5750, an optical drive, and no less than 6 HDDs, it was likely bound to happen. Annoying though, now I have to get a new one, and I have no idea if anything else is broken, like, say, the motherboard (though I have planned an upgrade anyway, so it might just be he shove I need to get going).

Good thing I have a working laptop (I'd rather not be stuck with the tiny netbook again).
Post edited January 10, 2014 by Maighstir
Well my family and i are almost certainly losing our house which comes with so many extra problems all while my health is taking a nosedive.

My computer is having one issue after another, already had to replace 3 parts and i am quite sure more is on the way.

Add with that having to replace 2 appliances losing one pet and a friend recently as well and the fact my future was already bleak with lack of employment less then amazing education and next to no personal life outside of my computer.

Bleh.
MrWilli: Well it seems like either my parents are either getting separated or divorced. Great.
sorry to hear that :(
So I lifted some code from an open sauce java library and modded it a little, replacing if (object != null) with if (string != ""), among other things.

Yeah, it's that thing lazy kids are always asking about on stackoverflow. Good thing I didn't push it to the repository and no one else saw it.
Watched the Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Really makes one thing how boring my existence is, and the need to be dynamic and not static and live life to its fullest
Feeling so very tired, still recovering from newyear's reception two days ago. Talked to some 20 people in 2 hours time making my head so restless I didn't sleep till 3:30 Thursday night, and I'm still tired because of it.

And tonight I'm celebrating my 43th birthday but I'm tired as hell and not really looking forward to it. Still need to buy some alcolholfree beer or I will only have juices and sodas to drink after the first 6 bottles (and I'm not the only one who likes alcoholfree drinks on my party).

Still only minor annoyences compared to what Darthprymus has to go through. Life sucks really, so many people for whom life is sheer hell, people losing their homes, be it due to financial reasons, war or hurricanes (US, Syriia and Fillipines I'm thinking about now). I'm glad 43 is past the half of life. I've seen the worst by now, or at least the biggest part of it and the depressions are less severe than they were in my twenties and thirties...

Really looking forward to getting buried or my bones burnt some day. But right now, try to get those sturdy muscles move the tired bones (or is it the other way around?) and go shopping.
Darthprymus: Bleh.
Well, you're living quite far away but I cried a few tears for ya how sad life can go. I guess I'm a bit oversensitive in that, I don't even know ya, but I've heard lots of stories of peoples in the US losing their homes and hope for you, you will find a way out and wish you all the best.

P.S.: tanking health, is that mentally or physically?
I just learned that YouTube's new comment format from Google+ is deleting tons of comments. I've noticed that some of my comments disappeared, or weren't being rated or responded to, and I've now learned that's not an accident, nor were they deleted by the vid host.

Instead, if you have key words, google deletes them. If you post too often, google deletes them. If it's too old, google deletes them. The bullshit thing is, the posts will usually still show up for you and it will look like it was posted, but only you can see them, so google tricks you into thinking everything's fine. That's why nobody has been responding to any of the numerous posts I've written, some involving large amounts of time researching and writing. How fun when I spend half an hour on a comment, only for google to delete it... because.

Just another reason why I'm liking google less and less.
Great news is that I had gotten a 30% discount coupon for the purchase of two video games and I have a discount at the same store so I made use of it: Gears of War: Judgment and Dark Souls.

The downside: I have no idea how to get through even the first two areas of Dark Souls. I thought a knight would do it but the knight keeps getting his ass kicked time after time after time again by motherfornicating anorexic skeletons. Now I have to cool down before I do something incredibly dumb like find out what the inside of my wall looks with the controller.
infinite9:
1) I suggest starting with a pyromancer as its the "easy" build to start with
2) I got stuck similarly - got around it by watching a "lets play" and the pbvious became apparent
3) make sure when you've collected a bunch of souls you level up some at a campfire

wont say anymore as it will spoil the hard as balls nature of the game
BlueMooner:
I'm in a similar position to google due to my blog (on blogspot) and the changes they keep making behind the scenes.
trying to find an alternative, but seems nowhere offers the same features for free.
Post edited January 11, 2014 by Sachys
Sachys: 1)
I'm in a similar position to google due to my blog (on blogspot) and the changes they keep making behind the scenes.
trying to find an alternative, but seems nowhere offers the same features for free.
It really pissed me off because it looked like everything was fine. Google never said my posts didn't go through, or I was posting too much, or a post was deleted for bad language or something. No warning at all, no message when they switched over, AND the posts still appear to me, so I'd have no way to know something was wrong, other than nobody responding to my posts. I had a KHAAAAANN moment.
BlueMooner:
No doubt!