It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Falling off the wagon is killing me. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
Soccorro: Now that I know what falling off the wagon means... that's nasty.
I feel a lot better this morning after a full night of sweating that crap out. I really want to thank the whole forum for putting up with me there and here's to hoping I don't do something that stupid again! :D
F4LL0UT: Guess they have to make them so crappy to keep people from stealing them.
jjsimp: No, it shows you stay in the cheap hotels. Whenever I stay in the more expensive hotels, the towels are usually thicker than the ones I have at home. The cheap to average hotels have the ones you describe.
Definitely. That's the nature of this type of work - a small manufacturer is less-than-thrilled if I bill them for $150 a night for a higher-end hotel. So I stay at cheaper places. That's the way it goes.
My college has banned smoking, so I need to find the borders of campus and take one step over to continue my cigar habits.

EDIT: coffee shop across the street allows smoking. I can stick it to the man!
Post edited January 05, 2014 by sauvignon1
Retro/Grade bores the shit out of me. That's another one and a half euros down the tube.
Soo.. a heating pipe broke in the back room of my house late night.. and its flooded.
The midwest is really f***ing cold right now.
-it's over 40 degrees C here in Queensland/Australia. (nuff said)

-f**k it's hard to get a job these days, I need to provide dammit!
Yeah, pretty cold this morning.
Attachments:
Only 60F here in the mid east...I'm jealous. Supposed to get down to the teens tonight with a high in the low twenties tomorrow.
So. France.

A black comedian used to work with a jewish comedian, and made a fun pair on stage, mocking racism and antisemitism together, by personifying it in some routines.

Then they split. The black dude got politicised, started to criticise finance, racism, France's colonial history, and israel colonies. He made a few jokes comparing israel colonists with ww2 nazi. He got criticised for that.

As a reaction, he spiralled towards radicalisation, joining the far-right margins of the political spectrum in a rhetoric of martyrdom and exclusion. He now makes shows and video blogs denouncing the "jewish lobby" and its "control over the medias and the politics". He gets sued for antisemitism, and shunned by mainstream medias, both things that he reinterprets as the proof of a worldwide jewish conspiracy trying to silence him.

He gets a cult following on the internet. Some old fans, some new fans while older ones leave in disgust. His shows include remarks on the power of "the Jews", which are met with cheers in the public. He claims that it is not antisemitism but antisionism, yet his discourses recycle the old conspirationist theses of classic antisemitism (every jew or bearer of a "jewish" name is, by default, suspected to be part of a worldwide network of "sionists"). All accusations of antisemitism are therefore deflected as "attempts to censor antisionism", even though many of these accusations come from pro-palestinian organisations. Any accusation of antisemitism becomes, actually, an attempt to silence him on all the themes he evokes (colonialism, history of slavery, anti-black racism, etc).

He now gets a cult following. His fans stalk internet forums, and share a new social trend : pictures of themselves posturing with a rallying gesture, if possible in front of judaism or shoah-related monuments. This gesture (showing how deep one's arm will be shoved up the rectum of "the system") has been improperly assimilated to a crypto-nazi salute (a "reverse nazi salute" or a dr strangelove restrained nazi salute), and is now, itself, a matter of heated debates in the french public sphere.

Anyway, this is all very sad, tedious, irritating, lame, and invasive as vocal militants flood french websites. The french medias also focus a lot on it, it's becoming a social phenomenon. And it's infinitely, deeply dumb.

The idiotic, hypocritical, and illiterate rhetorics of his fans can be hilarious, but their magnitude is discouraging and tiresome. It's the same circular reasonings as other trendy conspiration theories ("those who mock us are PART OF IT and ARE AFRAID OF US"), but with the old dusty, smelly flavour of "elders of sion" underlying it.

So, well, so much for progress in sociocultures.
Just received a job offer from Ubisoft to join their Uplay dev team. Considering how much I dislike the Uplay software I'm tempted to say yes just so I can take a look at their source code.
Telika: Anyway, this is all very sad, tedious, irritating, lame, and invasive as vocal militants flood french websites. The french medias also focus a lot on it, it's becoming a social phenomenon. And it's infinitely, deeply dumb.
True, it's dumb, but through these idiots the general stance of the public slowly surfaces which suggests that soon enough the magical power of yelling "antisemite!" will wear off. And that is a good thing that will open the doors for legitimate criticism and activism.

Anyway, I actually just came here to complain that I just bought Red Dead Revolver through PSN (for ten bucks, no less) because a friend of mine had told me that Red Dead Redemption is its continuation and that it expands upon the gameplay of the original game. Now imagine my reaction when I saw what Red Dead Revolver actually is. :P

Edit: Also I just looked outside my window and there's three guys digging a whole in the park... at 2 AM. I can't quite make out anything except that one of them has a shovel and another one is moving a big lamp all the time. It seems pretty clear that they are workers but the image is still kinda disturbing - especially since so much is left to my imagination.

Edit 2: Okay, I opened a window and I can hear a pump. That sound is oddly reassuring.
Post edited January 07, 2014 by F4LL0UT
I can't find a fucking doctor in this city that isn't either stoned, an asshole, or worried more about their fucking career more than their patients.

I called the pharmacy to refill my Klonopin on Friday, with the hopes that it will be ready on Monday. Wasn't filled. Apparently the doctor would not let them fill it. I call the doctor, they say they didn't get a message from the pharmacy, and the doctor will call the prescription in before the end of the day.
End of the day, call the pharmacy to see if my meds are ready. They haven't heard from the doctor. Call the doctor's office, they say the doctor was not in on Monday. The doctor's office lied to me.
Call the doctor Tuesday, they say they will fax the prescription to the pharmacy. Pharmacy does not get a fax. Call the doctor, they say they will call the pharmacy. Doesn't happen Tuesday.
Call the doctor again on Wednesday. Apparently they didn't get around to it on Tuesday. They say they will do it now, and... HOLY SHIT! They actually did it! I got my pills today.
Too bad I had to go two days without klonopin, which basically feels like you are dying slowly and horribly because you can't fucking move, are hallucinating, shaking uncontrollably, and are constantly on the verge of throwing up and fainting.
I am fucking done with that doctor. He stares at a wall like he is stoned every time I see him. I told him that Zoloft gives me hallucinations, so he tells me to try a different drug. I find out the other drug is too expensive, so he prescribes me... Zoloft.

That is only one of the 4 doctors I have seen in the last year in this shit-hole town that gives zero fucks about me.
Looks like I need to schedule an appointment with my former doctor, who isn't a dipshit. Who unfortunately is three hours away. Fuck...

And I can't stand anyone in the entire world right now. And I am sick of all the shitty singing next door.

Obama...
AdamR: I can't find a fucking doctor in this city that isn't either stoned, an asshole, or worried more about their fucking career more than their patients.

I called the pharmacy to refill my Klonopin on Friday, with the hopes that it will be ready on Monday. Wasn't filled. Apparently the doctor would not let them fill it. I call the doctor, they say they didn't get a message from the pharmacy, and the doctor will call the prescription in before the end of the day.
End of the day, call the pharmacy to see if my meds are ready. They haven't heard from the doctor. Call the doctor's office, they say the doctor was not in on Monday. The doctor's office lied to me.
Call the doctor Tuesday, they say they will fax the prescription to the pharmacy. Pharmacy does not get a fax. Call the doctor, they say they will call the pharmacy. Doesn't happen Tuesday.
Call the doctor again on Wednesday. Apparently they didn't get around to it on Tuesday. They say they will do it now, and... HOLY SHIT! They actually did it! I got my pills today.
Too bad I had to go two days without klonopin, which basically feels like you are dying slowly and horribly because you can't fucking move, are hallucinating, shaking uncontrollably, and are constantly on the verge of throwing up and fainting.
I am fucking done with that doctor. He stares at a wall like he is stoned every time I see him. I told him that Zoloft gives me hallucinations, so he tells me to try a different drug. I find out the other drug is too expensive, so he prescribes me... Zoloft.

That is only one of the 4 doctors I have seen in the last year in this shit-hole town that gives zero fucks about me.
Looks like I need to schedule an appointment with my former doctor, who isn't a dipshit. Who unfortunately is three hours away. Fuck...

And I can't stand anyone in the entire world right now. And I am sick of all the shitty singing next door.

Obama...
I don't think it's Obama's fault your doctor is irresponsible, lazy and retarded. I don't think it's Obama's fault the people who work at his office have no morals so they just lie to people to make their jobs easier.

You should blame American culture.
Post edited January 09, 2014 by monkeydelarge
monkeydelarge: I don't think it's Obama's fault your doctor is retarded and the people who work at his office are liars
The Obama thing was a joke. Always blame the president. Anytime my friends and I are pissed about something, whether it is a snow storm or a computer not working, we throw in "Obama" at the end to be funny.
I guess that joke was poorly placed though - at the end of a serious and pissed off rant... Probably not the best timing.
Post edited January 09, 2014 by AdamR