It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Externica: However, the first days she chased the poor Katerchen away...
F4LL0UT: Did you actually give him that name or are you just using this term right now in order to sound like a creepy German scientist? I speak fluent German but in an English sentence that really reminds me of Nazi talk from a trashy movie or video game. :D
Nein, das ist ein Kosename und für den Fall dass es dir nicht aufgefallen ist, wenn bei "Location" schon "Germany" steht, kannst du davon ausgehen dass ich auch in Deutschland lebe.
Und ich hoffe dir ist klar, dass die Nazi-Anspielung als eine dummdreiste Beleidigung aufgefasst werden kann.
Externica: Und ich hoffe dir ist klar, dass die Nazi-Anspielung als eine dummdreiste Beleidigung aufgefasst werden kann.
Yeah but only in serious business land. I would hate to count gog forums to that...
Externica: Nein, das ist ein Kosename und für den Fall dass es dir nicht aufgefallen ist, wenn bei "Location" schon "Germany" steht, kannst du davon ausgehen dass ich auch in Deutschland lebe.
Und ich hoffe dir ist klar, dass die Nazi-Anspielung als eine dummdreiste Beleidigung aufgefasst werden kann.
Man dorf doch etwas scherzen. :P Ulkigerweise kam mir das mit der Nazi-Uniform bevor ich "Germany" gelesen habe, als ich das mit dem Nazi-Wissenschaftler geschrieben habe hatte ich es bereits gelesen aber hey, es klingt einfach lustig in nem englischen Satz. Stell dir einfach ein Spiel wie Wolfenstein vor mit einem alten gruseligen Wissenschaftler, der sowas brüllt: "You killed Katerchen! Die, you schweinehund!". ^^ Die Assoziaton kam mir sofort, vermutlich weil ich zu viel Medal of Honor und BloodRayne gespielt habe in letzter Zeit. :P
Externica: Und ich hoffe dir ist klar, dass die Nazi-Anspielung als eine dummdreiste Beleidigung aufgefasst werden kann.
itti: Yeah but only in serious business land. I would hate to count gog forums to that...
Lol. :D
Post edited March 12, 2013 by F4LL0UT
What the hell is the point of having 500 channels if there is nothing on any of them!? Shit, if it wasn't snowing so hard I could take this satallite dish and get in a game of Ultimate Frisbee, atleast I be using it for something!
This machine I'm installing is being a complete PITA. Nearly everything on here needs at least some repair to it. Thing is, you wouldn't know it by looking at it - it actually looks to be in decent shape - but we've been nickel-and-dimed the entire time with stupid little crap here and there, plus a few big items.

What makes it worse is that the company who contracted me for the installation, my old employer, under-quoted the hours by half. They quoted 72 hours for this job, and I originally installed this machine brand-new 7 years ago at 115 hours including training. Add seven years of use and abuse, plus two cross-country moves in that time, and a few dubious repairs, and ohbytheway it was cannibalized at the last facility - which they knew about when quoting the job - and I'll be lucky to be out of here at double the quoted hours.

So every time I get something done and move to the next item, I'm thinking to myself, "What's it going to be THIS time..." And sure enough, something is going to be dicked-up. This morning it was a servo motor that flushed all of my plans for the day.

Ah well, the people here are easy to work with and are providing a lot of help - good help, not just warm bodies. Just hope that the bleeding stops soon so they can see the machine do something other than take up space and burn money.
A friend in his early 20's today referred to the reboot of Prince of Persia (Sands of Time) as a game from his childhood, and when I checked it up I realized the game is 10 years old. I'm not entirely sure why but I went from feeling like I was only a few years older than him to feeling like Methuselah (I am 29.)

I've been looking up game release dates today and seeing how long ago they were released and damn. SMB3 is 25 years old.

Now I realize I'm also wearing slippers. Oh god where did it all go wrong.
Goatbrush: A friend in his early 20's today referred to the reboot of Prince of Persia (Sands of Time) as a game from his childhood, and when I checked it up I realized the game is 10 years old. I'm not entirely sure why but I went from feeling like I was only a few years older than him to feeling like Methuselah (I am 29.)

I've been looking up game release dates today and seeing how long ago they were released and damn. SMB3 is 25 years old.

Oh man, I agree completely, it's like waking up all of sudden realizing that kids born in 2000 are teenagers already... Time is running fast.
Goatbrush: A friend in his early 20's today referred to the reboot of Prince of Persia (Sands of Time) as a game from his childhood, and when I checked it up I realized the game is 10 years old. I'm not entirely sure why but I went from feeling like I was only a few years older than him to feeling like Methuselah (I am 29.)

Niflmine: Oh man, I agree completely, it's like waking up all of sudden realizing that kids born in 2000 are teenagers already... Time is running fast.
I mentioned this in here a few weeks ago. A while back someone pointed to something in my living room and asked me what it was. I said, "A record player." I started to cry.
tinyE: I mentioned this in here a few weeks ago. A while back someone pointed to something in my living room and asked me what it was. I said, "A record player." I started to cry.
Two older xkcd strips to make you feel even older.
Movie Ages
Scary
I wish indie bundles would go back to once a month instead of the weeklys all the main bundlers are doing now :/.

Oh my god im so bored.....
tinyE: I mentioned this in here a few weeks ago. A while back someone pointed to something in my living room and asked me what it was. I said, "A record player." I started to cry.
JMich: Two older xkcd strips to make you feel even older.
Movie Ages
Scary
Nirvana: Nevermind
23 years ago. AHHH!!!!
JMich: Two older xkcd strips to make you feel even older.
Movie Ages
<a href="http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_bitch_about_life_in_general_thread/post3722" class="link_arrow"></a></div> While I don't feel bad with movies I got really depressed realizing how old some music albums are. Thanks for music programs showing the release date you get constantly confronted with that. [url= http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/nirvana/images/17916734/title/boy-who-baby-on-cover-album-photo]Little example

Edit: Whoa, while I was searching for the picture TineE had exactly the same example in mind, that's scary.
Post edited March 14, 2013 by DukeNukemForever
My hard drive failed yesterday and then, as I went to unplug the computer, the monitor cord was really stuck in the power strip and, in an attempt to unplug it, I grabbed the prongs and got a pretty bad shock. :/

So yeah, I'm just feeling unlucky in general recently.
Post edited March 14, 2013 by johnki
johnki: My hard drive failed yesterday and then, as I went to unplug the computer, the monitor cord was really stuck in the power strip and, in an attempt to unplug it, I grabbed the prongs and got a pretty bad shock. :/

So yeah, I'm just feeling unlucky in general recently.
Woah!!!. Unlucky dude!!.. and the HD dying too :/... better luck soon :)
Post edited March 14, 2013 by nijuu
I go away for 5 days and come home to ONE forum reply? Slackers!