It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: I forgot to mention when I gave my best man speech a) it was before I quit drinking and b) it was in front of 200 people that lived 1700 miles from me so even if I screwed up screw it, I was never going to see any of them again! :D
F4LL0UT: DID you screw it up? :B
I don't think so. I was sloshed but my brother, who's wedding it was, still speaks to me. :)
Post edited March 09, 2013 by tinyE
SweatyGremlins: Australia... hot..

my balls... melting....

:(
It's funny to read that kind of thing when all you see outside your window is snow which, unlike your balls, refuses to melt.
SweatyGremlins: Australia... hot..

my balls... melting....

:(
F4LL0UT: It's funny to read that kind of thing when all you see outside your window is snow which, unlike your balls, refuses to melt.
I was just thinking that, with it being 10F here and 15 foot snow drifts and all; I tend to forget I live on a rotating sphere.
Mental illness sucks. I have a pretty little trifecta of severe depression, generalized anxiety disorder, and crippling OCD. I pretty much haven't left my house (other than to see doctors and take out the garbage) in the last year. Nothing seems to help, and I feel like I am on the verge of another major breakdown. I think I have been having bits of psychosis lately, because I've gone into several blind rages where I feel like I am close to burning my house down.

It has just been getting worse lately, and I can't even enjoy my favorite fucking video games anymore. I barely even exist at this point. I sleep, take pills, make boxes with the cursor on my desktop for a while, and repeat.

The only person I could talk to about it is now 200 miles away, married, with a kid, a full time job, and school.

I told someone else very close to me about some episodes I have had in the past, that I have never told anyone before, and they just looked at me like I was a freak.

And I have had a headache for about 10 months now.

/end whiny little bitch rant. thanks for letting me post here.
AdamR: snip
Dude, you're scaring me. Not because you're weird but because what you're describing feels awkwardly familiar.
Well, i got my 19th birthday tomorrow and there's really no one to be here with me.
I'm going to my usual whiskybar tonight to get a few free drinks and stuff and that's basically it.
My only friend lives in about 8 hour drive from here. I've had real friends (more than one) 13 years ago so it's been quite lonely for me. I don't know why I'm sharing this but I guess my birthday's are just to remember how lonely I am.
The recent brokeup with a girl doesn't really help the situation. We loved eachother to death.

Ok have a nice weekend everyone, keep it yummy! :--)

Greetings: Sebek
I'm working full day today and tomorrow

You people better enjoy your gaming weekends because they are far more important and valuable than you might think
Roman5: I'm working full day today and tomorrow

You people better enjoy your gaming weekends because they are far more important and valuable than you might think
Oh shit, my father is in the forum!
Post edited March 09, 2013 by tinyE
GameRager: So if I wanted to build a small shack-style cabin in the middle of such a property and design the outside to look like something M.C. Escher would create i'd be out of luck? 0.o
Doubt it. The minimum size is 700 first-floor sf for a two-story home, the minimum cost is equivalent to $100k in 2003 ($125k today), and it says nothing about how the house itself looks - only that if you have multiple buildings then they sort of need to match together from the exterior design standpoint. To make a usable Escher house (were it physically possible), I think you'd meet those criteria pretty easily. And then you couldn't have a detached garage that looks like a scaled-down Taj Mahal. But it could look like some crazy-ass Escher garage. For what we're looking to do, those aren't restrictions at all.

The listing agent emailed back and she's going to talk to the developer. Who knows: they might alter the restrictions - there are only 7 property owners to convince at this point... And if it doesn't pan out, she knows of three other pieces of land nearby that are available but not listed anywhere.
AdamR: Mental illness sucks.
I know where you're coming from(seriously)........I have mild OCD/anxiety(which is helped in part by medication/etc) myself, and it affects my game playing from time to time as well.

Example: On more "open" games(Prototype/Assassin's Creed/etc) I like to explore every nook and cranny & see everything there is to see, and because of this it's hard for me to progress in these sorts of games at a normal rate. And then I usually like to complete as much of a game as I can the first time through.....as such, it's hard for me to play games like ME 1/2/3/, etc which offer different scenes/outcomes depending on the choices you make(I usually alleviate this "problem" somewhat by saving before making such choices so I can try each one and see what the initial outcomes are.). I also dislike timed sections/missions in more complex(i.e. not casual/hidden object/platformer games) games, as I feel rushed to get through that particular mission & can't take my time on that bit.
AdamR: snip
F4LL0UT: Dude, you're scaring me. Not because you're weird but because what you're describing feels awkwardly familiar.
I know what you mean. :\

(I wonder if it's because gaming/high internet use/etc causes one to have such problems or because people with such problems have a higher tendency to like playing video games.)
Sebek: Well, i got my 19th birthday tomorrow and there's really no one to be here with me.
I'm going to my usual whiskybar tonight to get a few free drinks and stuff and that's basically it.
My only friend lives in about 8 hour drive from here. I've had real friends (more than one) 13 years ago so it's been quite lonely for me. I don't know why I'm sharing this but I guess my birthday's are just to remember how lonely I am.
The recent brokeup with a girl doesn't really help the situation. We loved eachother to death.

Ok have a nice weekend everyone, keep it yummy! :--)

Greetings: Sebek
Travel to him anyways, maybe? (Just a thought)

Then both of you can get hammered together. XD
Post edited March 09, 2013 by GameRager
HereForTheBeer: Doubt it. The minimum size is 700 first-floor sf for a two-story home, the minimum cost is equivalent to $100k in 2003 ($125k today), and it says nothing about how the house itself looks - only that if you have multiple buildings then they sort of need to match together from the exterior design standpoint. To make a usable Escher house (were it physically possible), I think you'd meet those criteria pretty easily. And then you couldn't have a detached garage that looks like a scaled-down Taj Mahal. But it could look like some crazy-ass Escher garage. For what we're looking to do, those aren't restrictions at all.
----------------
The listing agent emailed back and she's going to talk to the developer. Who knows: they might alter the restrictions - there are only 7 property owners to convince at this point... And if it doesn't pan out, she knows of three other pieces of land nearby that are available but not listed anywhere.
I was actually trying to make a playful jab at(Minimum) building size/cost restrictions, but thanks for the info anyways. :)
----------------------
Looks like she really wants to make a sale here....that's good, imo, as it means she'll probably work hard to get you a good deal(with this property or another one).
Yeah, those are basically in there to keep out mobile homes and low-end prefab homes. Nothing wrong with those, but they don't really fit into every neighborhood. I guess my point was that those particular requirements are quite easy to meet. I mean, $125,000 today for new construction is on the low side of things, even for this lower-cost area, so this isn't like some gated country club setting with $450k ugly-as-sin McMansions.
GameRager: (I usually alleviate this "problem" somewhat by saving before making such choices so I can try each one and see what the initial outcomes are.)
You must hate The Witcher series.
Fenixp: You must hate The Witcher series.
I loved the game until the first choice came up....and i'm like "Hmm.....battle or basement?"......then I just picked one and moved on. After that I got out into the outdoors bits and was having fun until "OMG, people keep moving around & some stuff changes whether it's day or night! 0.o".
GameRager: I loved the game until the first choice came up....and i'm like "Hmm.....battle or basement?"......then I just picked one and moved on. After that I got out into the outdoors bits and was having fun until "OMG, people keep moving around & some stuff changes whether it's day or night! 0.o".
You must hate real life.