It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

orcishgamer: That's how I was able to walk her through it without straight out giving her the answer.
Ah, so she got it now?
my new running scheme is ... not working out. Feels like my leg muscles are filing for divorce from my bones.
orcishgamer: That's how I was able to walk her through it without straight out giving her the answer.
KylieM: Ah, so she got it now?
Sorta, it's always a struggle with things like this, what she has is the concept of breaking down the problem into simpler parts, but she gets easily confused and frustrated.
TheCowSaysMoo: my new running scheme is ... not working out. Feels like my leg muscles are filing for divorce from my bones.
I don't know how heavy you are, but be careful of your knees. Most people start out too hard. Here's the best advice I have about running:

1) Buy good shoes, running shoes cost around 100 bucks in the US per pair and will last about 6 months of running, after they should be replaced (though you can still use them to simply wear, the support will be too thrashed for running).

2) Run shorter distances, walk in between, most people start out trying to go too far and end up giving up.

3) Don't run every day, 3 times per week is fine, alternate in days of just walking (for around an hour).

4) You need more fluids and more vitamins, especially potassium for those muscles (bananas have extra, but you may need a supplement).

Good luck.
Post edited January 08, 2013 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: I don't know how heavy you are, but be careful of your knees. Most people start out too hard. Here's the best advice I have about running:

1) Buy good shoes, running shoes cost around 100 bucks in the US per pair and will last about 6 months of running, after they should be replaced (though you can still use them to simply wear, the support will be too thrashed for running).

2) Run shorter distances, walk in between, most people start out trying to go too far and end up giving up.

3) Don't run every day, 3 times per week is fine, alternate in days of just walking (for around an hour).

4) You need more fluids and more vitamins, especially potassium for those muscles (bananas have extra, but you may need a supplement).

Good luck.
Oh, I've been running for over two years now, so I got the basics. Not to heavy either ;-). It's ust that I try to pick up my tempo a little bit, which didn't work as expected :p. Thanks for the advice tho.
orcishgamer: I don't know how heavy you are, but be careful of your knees. Most people start out too hard. Here's the best advice I have about running:

Good luck.
TheCowSaysMoo: Oh, I've been running for over two years now, so I got the basics. Not to heavy either ;-). It's ust that I try to pick up my tempo a little bit, which didn't work as expected :p. Thanks for the advice tho.
You can probably disregard the above then, my bad:)
I have a couple of brand new anecdotes for this thread:
The girl I was dating and she went on vacations returned last friday. She sent me a message to go out clubbing with her but I was already in bed. I told her that instead we should grab a cup of coffee the next day. She didn't answered back.
She sent me another text in the morning and asked me if she could go and see me at work, which was unusual. I said ok anyway. When she arrived, she looked terrible. Hung over, blood shot eyes, the whole deal. I offered her some tea. We catched up, I gave her a christmas present... but I noticed she was kind of anxious and nervous. I asked her if everything was alright?
To make the story short: she still went out the night before and found a "friend" and his girlfriend. They went to another bar and order tequila, but after the second shot of tequila she doesn't remember a thing. She woke up naked in her bed and found a open condom wrapper. Aparently her "friend" and his girlfriend took advantage of her while she was out. I spent the rest of the day taking care of her and keeping her company. I guess that was the reason she called me. Because she didn't want to be alone.
On a more recent note: I was chatting with my ex girlfriend a couple hours ago. She thought it was a good or fun idea to send me this image she made with a facebook app. I'm still freaked out, and starting to think that my ex is a little psycho.
Attachments:
Post edited January 08, 2013 by mario.arreola
orcishgamer: You can probably disregard the above then, my bad:)
I wasn't very clear about it, and it reminds me I should replace my running shoes. Your post is one hundred percent approved sir! ;-)
mario.arreola: ...
a) You couldn't have possibly known.
b) That's creepy and actually kind of funny.
mario.arreola: snip
Get your girl to a hospital as soon as possible. You never know what kind of diseases those 'friends' might be carrying. The open condom case doesn't in any way mean that she's safe. Also, depending on the laws of your country regarding rape (can a drunk give consent?) and/if the hospital tests show any signs of date rape drugs, you might want to advice her to report them to the police.
Post edited January 09, 2013 by ashwald
ashwald: Get your girl to a hospital as soon as possible. You never know what kind of diseases those 'friends' might be carrying. The open condom case doesn't in any way mean that she's safe. Also, depending on the laws of your country regarding rape (can a drunk give consent?) and/if the hospital tests show any signs of date rape drugs, you might want to advice her to report them to the police.
Thats what I told her that day. That she must go to a doctor and get tested for STDs. The drug test part sounds like a good idea. Didn't thought of that. But the decision is hers to make.
About the police yes, it is her decision alone. But the STD tests are something that is as much your business as it is hers, because you are a couple and you are also in potential danger.
ashwald: About the police yes, it is her decision alone. But the STD tests are something that is as much your business as it is hers, because you are a couple and you are also in potential danger.
Well... we're not a couple. We've just been going out several times and haven't got physical. I was taking things slow. For now it's out of the question, specially after what happened that day.
Smooth operating from my mobile phone subscription provider:
They said,
"Your monthly payment is so low now, that we won't send you a bill until the sum is over 20 euros"
Hence I wasn't expecting a bill in a few months,
"You haven't paid your bills in months. If you do not pay the asked amount immediately, we'll terminate your subscription"
says the letter that they sent... to my mother. My subscription has my name, my address, and the setting that bills should be sent electronically to my phone is on. Apparently this is like the third warning. My mother hadn't recognized my number, so she had ignored the previous ones, and the only reason she didn't ignore this one is that I was visiting her, was in the kitchen when she opened it and she complained that she doesn't get why she keeps getting these.

I guess I'll call 'em tomorrow and ask what caused this mess up.
Sorry, I saw the word 'dating' and jumped to conclusions. Like you said, it's ultimately her decision. I'm just going to add that some STDs get transmitted through saliva.

I hope everything works out, for her as a person and you two as a potential couple.
Adzeth: Smooth operating from my mobile phone subscription provider:
They said,
"Your monthly payment is so low now, that we won't send you a bill until the sum is over 20 euros"
Hence I wasn't expecting a bill in a few months,
"You haven't paid your bills in months. If you do not pay the asked amount immediately, we'll terminate your subscription"
says the letter that they sent... to my mother. My subscription has my name, my address, and the setting that bills should be sent electronically to my phone is on. Apparently this is like the third warning. My mother hadn't recognized my number, so she had ignored the previous ones, and the only reason she didn't ignore this one is that I was visiting her, was in the kitchen when she opened it and she complained that she doesn't get why she keeps getting these.

I guess I'll call 'em tomorrow and ask what caused this mess up.
Cell (mobile) phones don't work where I live. Or anywhere within a 20 mile radius. Does that make you feel any better or am I just rubbing it in? :)