It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

orcishgamer: I'd have to agree with this. They must be very insecure.
barjed: This kind of social stigma is something that's been driving me nuts.

Just recently I heard from my girl's sister that I will never be respected at work and will never be promoted because I play games (?). This comes from a person that spends half of her waking time bouncing around clothing stores and the other half staring at a mirror trying to get her make-up perfect. Duh.
It has been driving me nuts too. Tell your girl's sister, that you will just convert your co workers and your boss to gaming(something you should do). Then they will be like you, then you will have respect and be promoted nonstop. You should also convert her to gaming. It will make your life much easier. Resistance is futile...
Post edited August 31, 2011 by macuahuitlgog
barjed: This kind of social stigma is something that's been driving me nuts.

Just recently I heard from my girl's sister that I will never be respected at work and will never be promoted because I play games (?). This comes from a person that spends half of her waking time bouncing around clothing stores and the other half staring at a mirror trying to get her make-up perfect. Duh.
macuahuitlgog: It has been driving me nuts too. Tell your girl's sister, that you will just convert your co workers and your boss to gaming(something you should do). Then they will be like you, then you will have respect and be promoted nonstop. You should also convert her to gaming. It will make your life much easier. Resistance is futile...
I saw people who looked like high school cheerleaders happily playing D&D and cos-playing at PAX. I played Firefall next to some beefy looking "bro". Gaming of all kinds has expanded, it's really not what it was even 10 years ago.
My two-months-old computer has developed some kind of rattle. I think the bearing of one of the case fans is cannibalizing itself.
Trevorish: I know I hate Myst and everything similar to it and yet I keep finding myself buying Myst-likes in a strange hope I'll actually enjoy this one. And I never even finish them!! So then I go buy more!!!!!

I'm supposed to be saving money for school not spending it all on games I don't even like!
I stopped buying adventure games. They are just plain boring.
AlKim: My two-months-old computer has developed some kind of rattle. I think the bearing of one of the case fans is cannibalizing itself.
My motherboard loses it screwes over time. I gues that just vibrates so much. Good thing I have a screwdriver.
And I just losed 5 euros.. I put that in my wallet couple hours a go and now it's just gone. and I haven't even gone anywhere.
Euros works in mysterious ways but there is one fact, you really can't get nothing with a small sum of those. Asshole-currency. I'm done. =)
Why the fuck major con has to be on same date and location wise as my anime con, which I'm staff of?

Goddamn, this is load of crap.

My boss mentioned something about Plan B and I hope that it will work.

Ugh, this is huge mess for us.
Fucking dog is pissing me off, thing sleeps at the foot of my bed and has been farting since i went to bed. I eventually kicked it out the room. Now its in the hall snoring its damn head off and keeping me awake that way.

If it were warmer and not raining id put the damn thing in the garden to eat the postman
Antimateria: And I just losed 5 euros.. I put that in my wallet couple hours a go and now it's just gone. and I haven't even gone anywhere.
It's gone to Greece.
One word: Carbamazepine
I'm having a dumb day. My stomach is so upset that I can't eat properly, I have to stay stationary because I have a cut on my foot that keeps opening up when I walk around, and just now I got a call telling me that a computer I built is doing some crazy shit. All this wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't for the fact that I've only eaten a cup of porridge today and I'm starting to get a bit tired (and emotional, as tradition dictates).

Also, I slept badly. Saw a nightmare about swimming in a lake until a bus (of all things) fell on me (because it was raining. dream logic). Couldn't fall asleep again after it.
so the last three nights have been trying not to scream in pain

now the doctor tells me that that i have to deal with this for 2 to 3 more weeks due to having shingles

goodie
Post edited September 05, 2011 by meowstef
While reading the old "Boycott Starforce!!!" site yesterday, it dawned to me that I have at least one old CD-based game in my collection that was in their boycott list: Icewind Date - Heart of Winter expansion.

Daaamn, I'd rather keep my PC free of Starforce crap, at least if the stories on that site that it can slowly break some multiformat DVD+-RW drives (which I do have, but haven't used for ages), and for some it has caused bluescreen crashes here and there. So I guess my options are:

- Buy IWD Complete from GoG, and leave my CD game uninstalled. Maybe if it gets a promotion in GoG, I consider $9.99 still a bit too much for an oldie I already own.

- Download a pirate copy of IWD + Heart of Winter, hoping it will not install Starforce on my system (does it?). Hey, I have the original already, so morally it is ok for me to download it, even though I may be sharing it to others while downloading.

- Just don't mind it and install the original game, I guess it probably doesn't really affect my PC after all, and there is some Starforce uninstaller I can use afterwards.

It is just that I consider Starforce as some kind of semi-virus that I'd rather not infect my system with, a bit like Sony rootkit.
Post edited September 05, 2011 by timppu
Oh, and my new washing machine. The warranty is still effective (I bought it in the spring after my older one broke down), but frankly I can't say for sure if it is already broken or working correctly.

My gf started complaining that some clothes stink a bit after washing. Inspecting it I noticed that 40 C degrees washing program (which we normally use) takes about one hour to complete, while the 60 C program takes like 2½ hours. That doesn't sound quite right, does it? According to the manual they should be similar programs, only with different temperature. On my older washing machine, there wasn't such a big cap in the duration of 40C and 60C programs. It was bought from a big shop (Gigantti), I presume they can't tell by heart how long the programs should take.

The "stinky clothes"-problem does not appear with the 60C program, so it could be there is simply something wrong with the 40C program, like that it is skipping some part of the washing program or something. So now I am contemplating should I bring the heavy washing machine back to the shop telling them to fix it or replace it (how do I prove it is "broken"?), or just wash everything at 60C from now on. Why on earth do even my jeans request a 30C program, shouldn't they handle 60C program quite well?
Post edited September 05, 2011 by timppu
I am at work and bored - bored to death. None of my colleagues will speak to me coz they think that I am arrogant or something like that - I am not, I am just a misanthrope, that's all.
It's probably the last minutes before the prices on Mob Rule and Constructor go back to normal and my card doesn't work although there's enough on it >_<