It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

paladin181: Just posting to update that chemoradiation is going ok. Super positive outlook on prognosis, but it is wearing her down fast. She was having more good days than bad, and now it's about even just over 1/2 way through with 3 weeks to go. It's been super effective, at least and I can point to that when she's feeling low. We go in for chemo once a week and radiation every day M-F. More than halfway done though! Thanks again for your kind words!!
That's great news! Wow. Rad every day, huh? Mum had AML (leukaemia) so she only had Chemo and drugs to help her. But her chemo was a 5 days in a row with a week's break in-between (and that schedule was the norm for 4 years or so). Bags of whole blood and platelets some days when her counts were bad. I know well how all this treatment and time in hospital will be wearing both of you down. The only blessing is that combined with anti-emetics (Ondansetron etc) mum wasn't overly nauseous with the chemo type she got (until her oral medication got too much to handle).

I hope the nursing staff is at least a good crew? Our oncology unit was some of the best people you'll ever meet, and it's testament to their strength of character that they stay in that job without burning out quick.

Anyway, it's fantastic your wife is doing well. Three weeks to go! Bet she's looking forward to getting away from the hospital and spending more time at home!
Braggadar: That's great news! Wow. Rad every day, huh? Mum had AML (leukaemia) so she only had Chemo and drugs to help her. But her chemo was a 5 days in a row with a week's break in-between (and that schedule was the norm for 4 years or so). Bags of whole blood and platelets some days when her counts were bad. I know well how all this treatment and time in hospital will be wearing both of you down. The only blessing is that combined with anti-emetics (Ondansetron etc) mum wasn't overly nauseous with the chemo type she got (until her oral medication got too much to handle).

I hope the nursing staff is at least a good crew? Our oncology unit was some of the best people you'll ever meet, and it's testament to their strength of character that they stay in that job without burning out quick.

Anyway, it's fantastic your wife is doing well. Three weeks to go! Bet she's looking forward to getting away from the hospital and spending more time at home!
Olanzapine an Ondansetron have been life savers!

The staff have been pretty great. The radiology staff is a lot easier to work with than oncology, but they've both been really good.
Post edited April 17, 2023 by paladin181
paladin181: Olanzipine an Ondansetron have been life savers!
I've taken it myself in emergency for a bad case of gastritis & vomiting. Amazing stuff. Very quick, very effective. And the dissolving tablet/wafer under the tongue a god-send for those struggling to keep things down.
Well today is one shitty day.

Not even in the mood for gaming, or anything to pick myself up really.
Yay! Was washing my dishes mere moments ago, when my faucet decided to unleash its fissure wrath onto my estonished face by spontaneously falling apart and shooting water everywhere! I might laugh this off in a couple of days, but right now I am pissed. I mopped up the mess and texted my landlord, who lives out of town and will hopefully drop by to get this fixed before Xmas. >:(

Edit: OMG! The forum spam situation has really gotten out of hand. :( Makes visiting the forums quite unbearable and off-putting. GOG needs to fix this, because like it or not, such unpleasantness affects sales.
Suddenly, my kitchen sink exploding in my face does not seem as annoying as this bot infestation. :P
Post edited April 30, 2023 by matterbandit
Posh leech in posh hat sits on posh chair.

No other news this week.
Have had some health issues of late, both physical and mental. Nothing serious, it turns out, but a reminder that it's high time to start taking it easier. Which means I've dropped studying for now to ease stress. A bummer, but I do feel better for finally having less on my plate.

But at least I can stop repeating "remember how I've talked about getting a motorcycle for X months/yearsnow? Still haven't done it", because I got that sorted around February-March and it's great.
Unemployed for over 3 months now. It's a little frustrating!

I walked out of my previous job because there were people deliberately sabotaging my work.
Post edited May 12, 2023 by Lionel212008
Just dropped the Serial Experiments Lain anime. I guess I'm just too irritated with the way the anime handles its pacing and the symbolisms that it employs. I just feel like the anime is just trying to be confusing for the sake of being confusing. Do I think it's overrated? Nope. I'm sure there are people who enjoy the challenge of interpreting what the anime has to offer. I just fear that it might lead to pretentious fans trying to analyze the anime's contents to show off their IQ or something (hopefully this isn't the case). If you like the anime, that's fine. Just a bit disappointed because the reason why I even touched the anime was due the praises that people have for it.
Post edited June 01, 2023 by Vinry_.
Well this is a bummer. GOG is now charging sales tax on purchases for US buyers (or at least, US buyers in my state), after quite a few years of buying the games at the listing price-only. Hell, I just bought Mad Max and the The Evil Within bundle a few days ago without sales tax, so this is obviously a very, very recent addition.

I realize that it's not a big deal and a "first world problem" so to speak. I mean, sales tax on a game that's $0.59 or $4.99 isn't horrendous. But it still sucks to see the change hit here.
TheCoop: Well this is a bummer. GOG is now charging sales tax on purchases for US buyers (or at least, US buyers in my state), after quite a few years of buying the games at the listing price-only. Hell, I just bought Mad Max and the The Evil Within bundle a few days ago without sales tax, so this is obviously a very, very recent addition.
Isn't it normal to pay taxes for purchases? When I buy stuff from Amazon, etc, I also have to pay taxes...
This thread is to like vent in right?

Well...

>Be me
>Take college class I knew would be hard to learn hard subject
>Subject is hard
>Suffering

So pro-tip
Learning Calculus with Theory is worth while but really hard...
TheCoop: Well this is a bummer. GOG is now charging sales tax on purchases for US buyers (or at least, US buyers in my state), after quite a few years of buying the games at the listing price-only. Hell, I just bought Mad Max and the The Evil Within bundle a few days ago without sales tax, so this is obviously a very, very recent addition.
I did notice they added a "*Sales tax will be calculated at the checkout where applicable" notice some weeks ago.

Atreyu666: Isn't it normal to pay taxes for purchases? When I buy stuff from Amazon, etc, I also have to pay taxes...
The U.S. has weird and varying sales tax laws (and no VAT). But in recent years it's become more common to have to pay sales tax for online stuff than it used to be.
Post edited November 03, 2023 by eric5h5
I got TMD last year. My Doctor's keep telling me to do stretches, ice my face, wear a mouth guard, and take Motrin to bring down pain/inflammation.

They said it would go away in 4 to 6 weeks. It's been over a year and a half now. Every day, my face feels inflamed/in pain, or I have head aches going on.

Now I have to wait a couple of months for my next appointment because the TMD doctor is booked.
AlKim: Have had some health issues of late, both physical and mental. Nothing serious, it turns out, but a reminder that it's high time to start taking it easier. Which means I've dropped studying for now to ease stress. A bummer, but I do feel better for finally having less on my plate.

But at least I can stop repeating "remember how I've talked about getting a motorcycle for X months/yearsnow? Still haven't done it", because I got that sorted around February-March and it's great.
Hope you recover and get better soon.
Post edited November 03, 2023 by Syphon72
eric5h5: The U.S. has weird and varying sales tax laws (and no VAT). But in recent years it's become more common to have to pay sales tax for online stuff than it used to be.
Okay, so far so confusing :D