It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
lol, i like how you just had to add that in

youre so weird
No, he's just A.M. ;)
low rated
Fairfox: lol, i like how you just had to add that in

youre so weird
I am not weird, buddy. I am honest. Unlike your ilk, being honest doesn't equal to being weird/weak and being good/kind doesn't equal to being stupid/exploitable. As well, loving somebody doesn't equal to having ulterior motives, being expendable or secreting hidden prerequisistes, like said somebody belong to the same mindset/idiotology (ideology)/pattern/mold. My values and self-compiled code, is what sets me apart. But most importantly, what helped me conquer "peaks", at times. Even though the "victories" were Pyrrhic and ened up in my total defeat, plus seizure of valuables, shortly after.

Have a nice day! ^_^
Post edited February 24, 2020 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
low rated
One warning: On US Election Day (first Tuesday in November I believe), you may want to stay away from YouTube's front page, or at least use an adblocker if you need to access it.

(I don't know if this will affect those outside the US.)
low rated
dtgreene: One warning: On US Election Day (first Tuesday in November I believe), you may want to stay away from YouTube's front page, or at least use an adblocker if you need to access it.

(I don't know if this will affect those outside the US.)
For political ADs? Eh, I see them all the time so no worries.....your idea is valid/good for others, though. :)
low rated
RIP Katherine Johnson, who died today.

For those who aren't aware, she was a computer (under the old definition of the term, before what we now call computers showed up) and scientist who helped get people into space and onto the moon. She also helped inspire confidence in the accuracy of digital computers for doing these sorts of calculations.

(For more details you can watch the movie Hidden Figures or read the book with that name.)
I have been wondering why the virus has not become a pandemic in tropical countries yet. Apparently, a hot and humid or a hot and dry climate deactivates it. This is unusual and interesting.
Post edited February 25, 2020 by Lionel212008
low rated
dtgreene: RIP Katherine Johnson, who died today.

For those who aren't aware, she was a computer (under the old definition of the term, before what we now call computers showed up) and scientist who helped get people into space and onto the moon. She also helped inspire confidence in the accuracy of digital computers for doing these sorts of calculations.

(For more details you can watch the movie Hidden Figures or read the book with that name.)
I hope she rests in peace and her family/friends are able to move on.

(That said, from what i've heard she and others just double checked already checked data(as a sort of backup verification on data).

That is not to say she didn't provide a needed asset to the team or didn't help, as she did help and likely was a help to the effort back then, just that it might've overplayed her importance a bit)

BTW a question on the grammar of your post above: Did you mean she was a computer technician(as your post above says she was a computer[as in the machine] and scientist)?

=========================
Lionel212008: I have been wondering why the virus has not become a pandemic in tropical countries yet, Apparently, a hot and humid or a hot and dry climate deactivates it. This is unusual and interesting.
Some claim the virus isn't impacted by such temperatures/climes, but then again that could be speculation....as for why it hasn't spread there: Well most smaller island nations are likely more likely to be able to isolate themselves and screen new arrivals easier, and nations farther from "ground zero" that aren't major travel hubs are likely not going to be hit as much as others.
Post edited February 25, 2020 by GameRager
low rated
GameRager: BTW a question on the grammar of your post above: Did you mean she was a computer technician(as your post above says she was a computer[as in the machine] and scientist)?
No, the term "computer" originally meant a person who were especially good at doing calculations. It's only in more recent years, when digital computers appeared, that the term came to only be used to refer to machines that can compute things, although these days such computers have other applications, like communication (possibly the most common use of computers these days), storing information, and even entertainment purposes. Interestingly enough, GOG does contain software that does all three of those things; communication via forum software and the support ticket system, storing information about the games sold here (as well as storing the games themselves), and the entertainment, of course, comes in the form of the games you can obtain from this site.

Also, your question was not about grammar; a sentence can be grammatically correct yet meaningless. For example, there's the sentence "Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.". As you can see, it has a subject ("ideas"), two adjectives modifying the subject ("colorless" and "green", never mind that those adjectives have conflicting meanings), a verb ("sleep") that agrees in number with the subject, and an adverb ("furiously") that modifies the verb. So, we have here a sentence that appears to be grammatically correct, yet is meaningless (though some have tried to assign meaning to this sentence).

I could, of course, also mention the sentence "it's raining", which only has a subject because English grammar requires it. We could, of course, replace the subject to get a sentence like "I'm raining" (which, interestingly, has an obvious Spanish translation), and I'd argue that the sentence works grammatically, but what does it mean?
low rated
dtgreene: No, the term "computer" originally meant a person who were especially good at doing calculations. It's only in more recent years, when digital computers appeared, that the term came to only be used to refer to machines that can compute things, although these days such computers have other applications, like communication (possibly the most common use of computers these days), storing information, and even entertainment purposes. Interestingly enough, GOG does contain software that does all three of those things; communication via forum software and the support ticket system, storing information about the games sold here (as well as storing the games themselves), and the entertainment, of course, comes in the form of the games you can obtain from this site.
My bad, I assumed incorrectly that you meant a "computer" as in one of the old room size devices/constructs from ages past.

dtgreene: Also, your question was not about grammar; a sentence can be grammatically correct yet meaningless. For example, there's the sentence "Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.". As you can see, it has a subject ("ideas"), two adjectives modifying the subject ("colorless" and "green", never mind that those adjectives have conflicting meanings), a verb ("sleep") that agrees in number with the subject, and an adverb ("furiously") that modifies the verb. So, we have here a sentence that appears to be grammatically correct, yet is meaningless (though some have tried to assign meaning to this sentence).

I could, of course, also mention the sentence "it's raining", which only has a subject because English grammar requires it. We could, of course, replace the subject to get a sentence like "I'm raining" (which, interestingly, has an obvious Spanish translation), and I'd argue that the sentence works grammatically, but what does it mean?
Nice ideas/things to think on, if a bit much for me at this time of night....still, it gave me something to think about for a bit. :)
dtgreene: RIP Katherine Johnson, who died today.

GameRager: I hope she rests in peace and her family/friends are able to move on.

(That said, from what i've heard she and others just double checked already checked data(as a sort of backup verification on data).

That is not to say she didn't provide a needed asset to the team or didn't help, as she did help and likely was a help to the effort back then, just that it might've overplayed her importance a bit)

BTW a question on the grammar of your post above: Did you mean she was a computer technician(as your post above says she was a computer[as in the machine] and scientist)?

=========================
Lionel212008: I have been wondering why the virus has not become a pandemic in tropical countries yet, Apparently, a hot and humid or a hot and dry climate deactivates it. This is unusual and interesting.
GameRager: Some claim the virus isn't impacted by such temperatures/climes, but then again that could be speculation....as for why it hasn't spread there: Well most smaller island nations are likely more likely to be able to isolate themselves and screen new arrivals easier, and nations farther from "ground zero" that aren't major travel hubs are likely not going to be hit as much as others.
There is at least 1 confirmed case in egypt. Africa is heavily dependent on China for imports and exports. What's worrying is that Africa received its testing kits only recently in Feb, and if the virus has already spread there then there is no way to be sure. I fear that we may already be too late to contain the virus.

If anything, we have a global recession on our hands.
Post edited February 25, 2020 by Lionel212008
low rated
Please, DON'T go to Italyyyyy!!! <3
low rated
Lionel212008: There is at least 1 confirmed case in egypt. Africa is heavily dependent on China for imports and exports. What's worrying is that Africa received its testing kits only recently in Feb, and if the virus has already spread there then there is no way to be sure. I fear that we may already be too late to contain the virus.
Cue Bob Page laughing manically. o.0

(To all: The above is a Deus Ex reference, not meant to be seen as me joking about this)

But yeah, the situation at least warrants some caution, which is why I have been trying to keep up on it.

Lionel212008: If anything, we have a global recession on our hands.
Just like in the game as well(iirc)....now if only we got some super cool body mods out of this(like in the games)....that'd be sweet.
============================

Also @ dtgreene: I see the rep bots hit your post as you replied to mine, so I gave it a nudge up....have a good one. :)
Post edited February 25, 2020 by GameRager
low rated
Also had to check the forum regulations on an unrelated matter(to verify something someone else posted was against them or not), and found this one(which made me laugh a bit):

"Any kind of encouragement towards taking drugs or drinking alcohol."

So what, GOG is a tea totalers forum and we cannot suggest people of legal age take a drink then?

LOL......that and the swearing one make me think the rules were made up by a bunch of prudish types.
low rated
(Link above is to msn article saying Corona vaccine is at least 18 months or so away from wide scale creation/deployment)
==========================

Also a bit of "meta bitching": Seeing the see of red marks ITT, one wonders why the person doing it even bother coming in here if they dislike the stuff being talked about so much. ;)
Post edited February 26, 2020 by GameRager
low rated
Less troubling but still likely of interest to some:
[url=https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/judge-judy-has-reportedly-been-feuding-with-cbs-behind-the-scenes/ar-BB10E8Hk?ocid=spartandhp#image=AAJeXYC|4]Judge Judy at odds with CBS.....quitting he long time show soon to start new show(Judy Justice) on another network[/url]
I wonder, was anyone here a watcher or even fan of her or her show? I used to watch it sometimes years back....what about everyone else? Any watchers/fans?