It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My father just got back from having George put down.
He's really a mess.
He wasn't this bad when his mother died.
I don't think I could stand being in a room when that happens, however human it is.

I'm actually glad it's so busy here; keeps my mind off of it.

I'll stop talking about it now because no one wants to here my whining. :D
You have my sympathies/condolences.

BTW will you people be getting another pet to fill the void or not? I couldn't bear my other pets to be alone so I replaced my cat when it died as soon as I could.
tinyE: My father just got back from having George put down.
He's really a mess.
I don't think I could stand being in a room when that happens, however human it is.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can relate with what your father is going through; when I had to put my cat to sleep (4 years ago) it affected me way more deeply than any human family member I've ever lost, the pain was just unbearable and there was also a feeling of guilt, I would cry every single day for months, I'm still not completely over it. Our animal friends can really find their way into our hearts like no one else can. I'm glad your dog had a family that loved him, he was fortunate to have you in his life.
He's really a mess.

Sorry for your loss, dogs are members of the family in a way other animals are not so it really hurts when their life is over.
Post edited July 04, 2019 by user deleted
He's really a mess.

My deepest condolences.

DadJoke007: Sorry for your loss, dogs are members of the family in a way other animals are not so it really hurts when their life is over.
That's the most ignorant/ fallacious comment I've seen in a long time. I hope you're not serious.

A member of the family is a member of the family. It doesn't matter if it's a dog, cat, pig or a bird - it hurts just the same! ;)
Post edited July 04, 2019 by sanscript
He's really a mess.

sanscript: My deepest condolences.

DadJoke007: Sorry for your loss, dogs are members of the family in a way other animals are not so it really hurts when their life is over.
sanscript: That's the most ignorant/ fallacious comment I've seen in a long time. I hope you're not serious.

A member of the family is a member of the family. It doesn't matter if it's a dog, cat, pig or a bird - it hurts just the same! ;)
In my house, the dogs, cat, donkeys, and rabbit are all considered members of the family.

Oddly enough, I'm not. :P

Of course, I'm not as clean, obedient, or as smart as them, so it makes sense.
Post edited July 04, 2019 by tinyE
tinyE: Of course, I'm not as clean, obedient, or as smart as them, so it makes sense.
Could you seriously imagine yourself using almost a third to half a day licking yourself?

On a second thought, maybe you shouldn't :P

But yes, other animals outrank us lowly humans...
tinyE: Of course, I'm not as clean, obedient, or as smart as them, so it makes sense.
sanscript: Could you seriously imagine yourself using almost a third to half a day licking yourself?

On a second thought, maybe you shouldn't :P

But yes, other animals outrank us lowly humans...
-Why do dogs lick themselves?

-Because they can.
sanscript: That's the most ignorant/ fallacious comment I've seen in a long time. I hope you're not serious.

That's like your opinion, man. That's my view of it, I dislike most stupid animals and I can't stand cats. I'm not going to argue what emotions people hold for different animals since there is no way to quantify or measure that, it would all boil down to opinion.
I can't believe this argument is taking place. :P

That is the LAST TIME I am ever going to mention a pet dying.

DadJoke007: That's like your opinion, man. That's my view of it, I dislike most stupid animals and I can't stand cats. I'm not going to argue what emotions people hold for different animals since there is no way to quantify or measure that, it would all boil down to opinion.
They probably don't like you, either. lol
tinyE: I can't believe this argument is taking place. :P

That is the LAST TIME I am ever going to mention a pet dying.
A little taken off-guard myself, to be honest. I thought my message would be perceived for what it was and not nitpicked and argued.

richlind33: They probably don't like you, either. lol
Animals tend to love me for some reason, especially cats. It's like they can sense my annoyance and try to snuggle with me just to grind my gears.

If it was any other animals I would just shrug it off, but with cats being born assholes I could swear they're really out to get me.
richlind33: They probably don't like you, either. lol
DadJoke007: Animals tend to love me for some reason, especially cats. It's like they can sense my annoyance and try to snuggle with me just to grind my gears.

If it was any other animals I would just shrug it off, but with cats being born assholes I could swear they're really out to get me.
If I was God, you'd be coming back as a cat in your next life. :o
Post edited July 04, 2019 by richlind33
DadJoke007: Animals tend to love me for some reason, especially cats. It's like they can sense my annoyance and try to snuggle with me just to grind my gears.

richlind33: If I was God, you'd be coming back as a cat in your next life. :o
If you were God we'd all look like this.
richlind33: If I was God, you'd be coming back as a cat in your next life. :o
tinyE: If you were God we'd all look like this.
If you talk the talk, you should walk the walk. :o

DadJoke007: That's like your opinion, man. That's my view of it, I dislike most stupid animals and I can't stand cats. I'm not going to argue what emotions people hold for different animals since there is no way to quantify or measure that, it would all boil down to opinion.
*Points* CAT HATER!