It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rohan15: I've had a shitty week. My mom has been on my case and we are now going to have to go to therapy, my best friend lost one of her friends today and I spent 2 hours calming her down, and my working hours sucked.
I always wondered why people always INSIST people go to therapy every time something bad happens to them, even if it's not directly related to you or doesn't bother you.

Just as observation.
Rohan15: I've had a shitty week. My mom has been on my case and we are now going to have to go to therapy, my best friend lost one of her friends today and I spent 2 hours calming her down, and my working hours sucked.
GameRager: I always wondered why people always INSIST people go to therapy every time something bad happens to them, even if it's not directly related to you or doesn't bother you.

Just as observation.
We've been fighting a lot since my dad died, that's why. I finally snapped and said, and I quote, "Fuck you, you parasitic cunt. I wish YOU had died when you had cancer instead of dad. Why don't you just do me a favor and leave me alone?" Of course she said her own slew of phrases just like mine to me but I don't care at this point.
GameRager: I always wondered why people always INSIST people go to therapy every time something bad happens to them, even if it's not directly related to you or doesn't bother you.

Just as observation.
Rohan15: We've been fighting a lot since my dad died, that's why. I finally snapped and said, and I quote, "Fuck you, you parasitic cunt. I wish YOU had died when you had cancer instead of dad. Why don't you just do me a favor and leave me alone?" Of course she said her own slew of phrases just like mine to me but I don't care at this point.
Oh....that's totally different then. I was talking more about how when classmates die schools tend to encourage therapy for everyone and shite like that.
Rohan15: snip
I hate to say it but it may be a good idea, I studied psychology for a fair amount of time and it can do a lot of good in these situations, If you both had an eruption of that magnitude then to me there is clearly a lot of pent up anger which is very common after the loss of very close family.
From your "outburst" it would seem to me that you got on better with your Father than your Mother, Counciling may be able to help you to get on better and deal with the situation together, If that is not an option due to either parties refusal then it would be good practice to work out a plan from 2 directions.

Firstly getting you and your mum to keep things civil and provide the understanding that you will need to do it alone.

Secondly to work with you both on an individual level and find coping methods with the anger and sadness at the loss, to confront the loss of your father.

I expect that they will try to get you to work through it as a family at first but they will be able to see very quickly whether that will be possible in the short term, they may work with you individually and then bring you together to work together. Different therapists have different methods.

One thing I will say though is to go in with an open mind, its not easy because they often hit some tender nerves but the minute you close off to them is the minute that that you walk into a proverbial brick wall.
I have a test tomorrow but I wanna play the witcher

anyone else with this problem?
Oh man I was just lurking in these forums cause I love GOG, its an awesome service and i've been just kinda enjoying soaking in the feel of this well run company when I stumbled across this thread.

It seems like 30-50% of the people here are bitching about girl problems I'm not sure i did not read the whole thing. Any way you guys are going about things the entirely wrong way by being super accommodating, I have seen at least two of these.

If you get the chance go read http://roissy.wordpress.com/ and stop getting abused by females. I know how hard it is not to be pussy whipped but you must learn to control yourself or you destroy any chance of having a relationship work at all. Roissy is the first stop but there's a ton of websites out there like this, best of luck.

Just as observation.
Rohan15: We've been fighting a lot since my dad died, that's why. I finally snapped and said, and I quote, "Fuck you, you parasitic cunt. I wish YOU had died when you had cancer instead of dad. Why don't you just do me a favor and leave me alone?" Of course she said her own slew of phrases just like mine to me but I don't care at this point.
In your case it's just like physical therapy after an accident. At worse it won't help your relationship with your mom, but it still might help you sort crap out yourself.
If I ever agree to do marking work for that bloody lecturer again I swear I want someone to shoot me in the face!

With a gun that fires spiders!

Spiders made of acid!

She was a crap lecturer, a woman who clearly hired because she knows her stuff but its manifestly obvious that she can't possibly TEACH it. That seems to be combined with a degree of laziness because she never was prepared for classes and seemed surprised when I was asking what we were supposed to do.

Turns out, she's not good to work for either! I get a big envelope of 30+ assignments and she emailed me the marking sheet that has all the answers. Its got the right subject name, the right year and the right session code so it MUST be the answers that I'm supposed to mark from.

Problem 1: The very first question deviates pretty significantly in the first sentence. The students have been given a completely different network number than the one in the answer sheet but they all have the same one so it must just have been a late change that she didn't bother to update the sheet for in spite of the fact that the ANSWERS ARE NOW WRONG!

Problem 2: Every single student seems to have made the same mistake translating part of the TCP header, either that or the answer sheet is wrong AGAIN. It looks wrong and feels wring but its the answer I was given so I really have to mark it based on that (rather different situation to Q1 so I can't just fix it the same)

Problem 3: I've actually stopped giving a shit whether the student is right or not, the only thing that matters now is if their answer matches the marking sheet. I really really hate myself for thinking that

Never again for her.
Aliasalpha: snip
Can you not email the department head or something and ask them to double check, I know it means more work for you but its peoples educations were talking about.
Post edited May 13, 2011 by reaver894
robertkats: http://roissy.wordpress.com/ and stop getting abused by females. I know how hard it is not to be pussy whipped but you must learn to control yourself or you destroy any chance of having a relationship work at all. Roissy is the first stop but there's a ton of websites out there like this, best of luck.
Save us all from retarded blogs like this.

Wow.
Aliasalpha: snip
reaver894: Can you not email the department head or something and ask them to double check, I know it means more work for you but its peoples educations were talking about.
I did but she didn't respond. The first problem was definitely solved the right way, I'm just going to hand the assignments in and tell her off for the second problem and she can correct them if she wants. Its only half a mark so noone will fail on it (which is why I only feel crap about leaving it rather than am doing the assignment myself to find the right answer) but it'll be up to her if she wants to add it to everyones final score.

The worst part is I'm supposed to be marking the exams as part of this contract so she'll be getting a talking to to make sure the answer sheet is bloody well right for that

robertkats: http://roissy.wordpress.com/ and stop getting abused by females. I know how hard it is not to be pussy whipped but you must learn to control yourself or you destroy any chance of having a relationship work at all. Roissy is the first stop but there's a ton of websites out there like this, best of luck.
nondeplumage: Save us all from retarded blogs like this.

Wow.
So was that actually spam? I never clicked it
Post edited May 13, 2011 by Aliasalpha
Aliasalpha: Its only half a mark so noone will fail on it (which is why I only feel crap about leaving it rather than am doing the assignment myself to find the right answer)
If half a mark wont make any difference then fair enough, but what if theres a student that fails for that half mark? Do you have a means of disputing a result in Aus?
Aliasalpha: So was that actually spam? I never clicked it
I will answer with a parable.

An unfortunate nerd feels he's being bullied because everyone ignores his comments about how awesome anime is. Skinny, lanky little guy who spends all his time reading manga and watching anime. But no one he wants to be friends with gives a shit, so because he isn't popular, he starts to feel so immensely offended it consumes his life. He spends his time in little fantasies about how he fucks over these people he secretly wished liked him.

That's what that blog is like. Some poor bastard who wishes he was a lady's man bitching that women are the most vile, evil things on the planet.
Aliasalpha: Its only half a mark so noone will fail on it (which is why I only feel crap about leaving it rather than am doing the assignment myself to find the right answer)
reaver894: If half a mark wont make any difference then fair enough, but what if theres a student that fails for that half mark? Do you have a means of disputing a result in Aus?
They can ask the lecturer for a re-grade. Most of them are doing pretty well, there's only one person who might fail and that because he did nothing and DEFINITELY got that question completely wrong anyway
nondeplumage: That's what that blog is like. Some poor bastard who wishes he was a lady's man bitching that women are the most vile, evil things on the planet.
Mmmhmm, very glad I didn't click the link then
Post edited May 13, 2011 by Aliasalpha
nondeplumage: An unfortunate nerd feels he's being bullied because everyone ignores his comments about how awesome anime is. Skinny, lanky little guy who spends all his time reading manga and watching anime. But no one he wants to be friends with gives a shit, so because he isn't popular, he starts to feel so immensely offended it consumes his life. He spends his time in little fantasies about how he fucks over these people he secretly wished liked him.
Get out of my head, nondeplumage.