It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Damn. Not enough money for a pay-what-you-want humble bundle. They actually ask at least $1. I AM NOT THAT RICH !! Where will I find all this money !?
Shit. Now it finally materializes that I have to decide what I will do with my professional career.

I finally got a confirmation today that the small bank would accept me and is ready to sign the paper. At that point I finally had to reveal to the recruiting consultant ("headhunter") that unfortunately I have something else cooking at the same time, so she said "Is it about the salary?", I said no (dumb as I am), and she said "Do you want to think it over over the weekend?" and I said yes. So we will get back to it on Monday.

I really don't know which to choose. i just don't want to make the wrong decision now, and each job have its own benefits and risks. With the bank I am mainly bothered that it is a bit of "oldskool" IT work in an area where there are lots of professionals already (ie. if I got fired from there in the future, it wouldn't look as sexy in my CV as the other job), AND the fact that it is a smaller bank that could easily be merged to some bigger bank at some point, which probably means bad to the people working in its IT department.

The other job though... It is more like a start-up, and the boss appears to still be figuring out what kind of business it will be. He has a vision, but whether it really flies, that remains to be seen. But at the same time, I somehow feel the things I learn in this sound quite good in my CV, it is in a rising area where there are not necessarily that many experts available at this point, so having experience in it could yield many other work opportunities, even if this "startup" failed.

Damn. Why did these had to happen at the same time?
timppu: Damn. Why did these had to happen at the same time?
All mutually incompatible good things always happen at the same time, be it about work, or love, or even entertainment. The reason is that God hates us, but is contractually forced to give us a hand from time to time, and found this way to do it the most annoying way possible.

Just go check which place has the coolest coworkers. That's the only thing that matters.
deleted
Fairfox: o crap mah nu shoes are liek half a size too small
i waited 3 weeks to discover this?!

imma verrr vexxed
But do you really need all those toes, though ?
deleted
Bitching of my own : Duel of the Fates REALLY deserved a better movie !
nvm
Post edited April 21, 2018 by tinyE
Telika: Bitching of my own : Duel of the Fates REALLY deserved a better movie !
Perhaps Liberi Fatali deserved a better game?

(Imagine a game that combines the worst flaws of Final Fantasy 7 with the most common complaint of Oblivion, then introduce a system that is not at all balanced, and you get the game Liberi Fatali comes from.)

Edit: Disclaimer: I have not actually played the game in question.
Post edited April 13, 2018 by dtgreene
low rated
How can I bitch when I see good news:)
I don't want any sympathy, and I don't deserve any, but that was low.
Alright, Old Man Winter. Enough already.
HereForTheBeer: Alright, Old Man Winter. Enough already.
we're expecting 10 inches today. :P
HereForTheBeer: Alright, Old Man Winter. Enough already.
tinyE: we're expecting 10 inches today. :P
We're riding the southern edge, looks like, but still. Getting old. Been a long, cold winter this year.
tinyE: I don't want any sympathy, and I don't deserve any, but that was low.
I know you don't want any sympathy, but you will take it if even if I have to...! *sigh* Sorry to hear about your cat scan...

I've developed an occasional wheeze in my breathing. Too much smoke and work fumes. Ah well.