It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
adaliabooks: This is what's really annoying me about the whole saga (hah). If the original game wasn't as good I'd just say screw 'em and not bother with any of the rest of the series or any other games they might make.
But they've made a really good game and now the choice becomes depriving myself of seeing it through to the end and the enjoyment of that or putting up with their pretty awful attitude and treatment of fans, and to some extent letting them away with it by buying the game anyway...

I want to see what happens (and just enjoy the game in general as I loved the first) but I can't see myself picking this up till it's reasonably discounted (or until the third one comes out and is definitely here perhaps..).
The attitude, the way they've handled things (first game included), and that "if anything it is making us look at better options for protection moving forward", all make me less and less inclined to give them my hard earned money any time soon. Sorry, that would be rewarding them for treating us worse than second class, and asking for even more of the same.
HypersomniacLive: The attitude, the way they've handled things (first game included), and that "if anything it is making us look at better options for protection moving forward", all make me less and less inclined to give them my hard earned money any time soon. Sorry, that would be rewarding them for treating us worse than second class, and asking for even more of the same.
Yup, I agree.

And the irony is, if it had turned up here day 1, simultaneous release with Steam, I'd have probably bought it full price (or with whatever launch discount it had) as I was in a position to do so. By the time it made it's way here I was less flush and even had I been inclined to purchase it I wouldn't have been able to.
I'm sure I will pick it up eventually, but not until it's at least 50% off (which will probably be when the third one gets here, if it even does)
adaliabooks: Yup, I agree.

And the irony is, if it had turned up here day 1, simultaneous release with Steam, I'd have probably bought it full price (or with whatever launch discount it had) as I was in a position to do so. By the time it made it's way here I was less flush and even had I been inclined to purchase it I wouldn't have been able to.
I'm sure I will pick it up eventually, but not until it's at least 50% off (which will probably be when the third one gets here, if it even does)
What does MaGog say about the highest discount and time of it for The Banner Saga?
HypersomniacLive: What does MaGog say about the highest discount and time of it for The Banner Saga?
75% off in February this year, which I assume was Insomnia.
I think it doesn't help us to be butthurt about their reasons because that won't change Stoic's stance on that matter at all. Buy the game (you will like it if you liked the first one) on GOG and show them how serious we are about this platform.
IIHectorII: I think it doesn't help us to be butthurt about their reasons because that won't change Stoic's stance on that matter at all. Buy the game (you will like it if you liked the first one) on GOG and show them how serious we are about this platform.
Hope they actually learn a lesson from all this.

(currently no.25 on the popular list if thats anything to do go buy)
Post edited May 03, 2016 by Niggles
I just noticed that Update #66 is not backers-only, in case anyone wants to see the aftermath themselves. (Most of the dissatisfaction was in Update #65 and earlier, which are backers only)
Post edited May 04, 2016 by ssokolow
I find this comment from Stoic interesting:

"we didn't do GoG keys for TBS1 (we had you download a DRM-Free version from our website)"

I have TBS1 here. I checked my history and it was for free. I can't remember how I got it, but I am guessing they gave it to me... Did anyone else remember getting a gog code for TBS1?
htown1980: I find this comment from Stoic interesting:

"we didn't do GoG keys for TBS1 (we had you download a DRM-Free version from our website)"

I have TBS1 here. I checked my history and it was for free. I can't remember how I got it, but I am guessing they gave it to me... Did anyone else remember getting a gog code for TBS1?
Yes. In the end, I got one too.
high rated
htown1980: I find this comment from Stoic interesting:

As I reminded Stoic after they said that...
Actually, if you look at update 49...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/the-banner-saga/posts/825389

...you'll see this text:

The game has been available for a while now on Steam, Gamefly, Gamestop, Humble store, a bunch of other outlets, and as a direct download from our website. We apologize for the difficulties getting the game distributed on some backers top preference. If you'd still like to get the game on GOG, please contact support@vsevil.com and they'll hook you up with a key.
Basically, they weren't the ones responsible for the TBS1 GOG keys, their publisher was. With TBS2, they're doing it directly in order to make things quicker and more reliable.

Here are their relevant replies:
Correct - Versus Evil does have GoG keys for TBS1 remaining should you need one. Please contact them at support@vsevil.com should you still need one.

We're handling all of the GoG keys via KS for Banner Saga 2 to hopefully make things easier/faster.
----
Apologies - the correct e-mail for Versus Evil = support@vsevil.net - not .com
(I don't see a problem reposting this since it's from comments on update #66, which isn't backers-only)
IIHectorII: I think it doesn't help us to be butthurt about their reasons because that won't change Stoic's stance on that matter at all. Buy the game (you will like it if you liked the first one) on GOG and show them how serious we are about this platform.
Yeah, you're right. What Stoic did ctually was unappropriated, but I'm surprised about how fast they bring here a DRM - free build. All about their change of mind are just hypothesis, but the fact is TBS2 is finally here. I already have my copy here and as you say if you enjoyed the first one, this'll like you.

I hope Stoic have got a lesson of this and we'll see TBS3 on gog on launch day.
high rated
ssokolow: I just noticed that Update #66 is not backers-only, in case anyone wants to see the aftermath themselves. (Most of the dissatisfaction was in Update #65 and earlier, which are backers only)
Was the "who's to blame for The Banner Saga 2 being pirated within minutes after release now that there was no DRM-free release?" point brought up in Update #65?

menganogog: [...]

I hope Stoic have got a lesson of this and we'll see TBS3 on gog on launch day.
I wonder what in their public statements (Update #66) makes you think that. To me it reads the opposite.
high rated
ssokolow: I just noticed that Update #66 is not backers-only, in case anyone wants to see the aftermath themselves. (Most of the dissatisfaction was in Update #65 and earlier, which are backers only)
HypersomniacLive: Was the "who's to blame for The Banner Saga 2 being pirated within minutes after release now that there was no DRM-free release?" point brought up in Update #65?
I introduced it as the third-last of the comments on Update #64 before #65 was published.
@Stoic: Congratulations.

According to a link posted by a fellow GOG user, shafting us and blaming us for your piracy delayed the release of a cracked version of the Steam TBS2 release until today (April 19th). [/sarcasm]

(Which honestly doesn't surprise me. Apparently, the main supply of pirated TBS1 downloads was also identifiably a cracked Steam copy.)
Please excuse the limited diplomacy in effect, Update #64 was the one where one of Stoic's comment replies contained a point-form list (of reasons behind their decision to go Steam-only) including this:
2) We sadly saw increases in piracy once we had a drm-free for Banner Saga 1. Can't speak for the global game market nor other game developers but it's what we saw first hand over 2 years ago.
ssokolow: I introduced it as the third-last of the comments on Update #64 before #65 was published.

Please excuse the limited diplomacy in effect, Update #64 was the one where one of Stoic's comment replies contained a point-form list (of reasons behind their decision to go Steam-only) including this:
It's OK, I can relate.

And, was there a response, some reaction?
ssokolow: I introduced it as the third-last of the comments on Update #64 before #65 was published.

HypersomniacLive: It's OK, I can relate.

And, was there a response, some reaction?
I'm not sure. It was kind of hard to be certain what they were replying to with their decision to focus on the narrative that this is proof that being transparent with your backers gets you burned, so, for TBS3, they'll just "no comment" everything.