It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks for taking part in our grand Vacation Quest, adventurers!

UPDATE: Wow. These have been two wild, adventurous, exciting weeks! More than 1000 deals going for up to -90% were made available throughout the Summer Sale, and you definitely showed them lots of love. Most hugs were given out to The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine and Wild Hunt, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, System Shock: Enhanced Edition, Shadowrun Hong Kong & Dragonfall, Pillars of Eternity + Expansion Pass, and Day of the Tentacle Remastered.

The most prominent huggers were featured in our XP Leaderboards and, after a suspenseful race, Hardman77, rwoodsmall, and leonmerts managed to secure the top three spots. Congrats, you guys, hope you enjoy the spoils!
If you want to know where you stand, you can still go to your experience page, and check the list of glory. The page will remain open for one more month, until July 22, so make sure to also redeem your free games until then.

Last but not least, our two GOG Plays events got our Twitch community all hot and bothered, as more than 50.000 unique viewers joined the madness, which peaked at over 1300 concurrent watchers. Objectives were completed, XP boosts got handed out, and fun times were had by all.

Thanks again for being part of the 2016 Summer Sale. Enjoy your hard-earned loot!

If you are looking for some sweet summer-y wallpapers, make sure to drop by our <span class="bold">imgur</span> page.
Blind.250: Completed all objectives, checked in every day..

..until the day there was a tournament going on all day (which started at 5AM; 4 hours before GoG reset) which I watched all day.. then slept 13 hours somehow.

So I missed one check-in, which put me at 4,900 exp by the end of it.

Didn't buy any games, was just trying to get the free Spelunky.

Nope, gone and lost.

Sad thing is this always seems to happen when there's something with daily logins. Miss one and you're SOL. Quite unfair.
Hey hey, don't feel down. Check your PM!
jrich3500: Can someone bump me I seem be 0 rating, i don't like being 0.
Here you go.
leonmerts: As mentioned in the OP: Grab deals up to 90% off and earn free games....., I've only seen one game with 90% discount.
Anyone see more of them?

The one I've spotted was: SUPREME RULER 2020 GOLD EDITION
I noticed quite a few individual games ([url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=733&scp=gdspi&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxXP0512348&ord=&flt=pla~90~&opt=n&myf=ThuJun230338282016_X7jEgVo5dOSeB]MaGog says there were 29[/url]), plus the big Interplay bundle (90% off if you buy or already own all the included titles).
EDIT: Never mind, there were 21 (+ the Interplay bundle). See here.

InkPanther: According to MaGog, there are 21 positions with 90% discount:
[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=732&scp=gdspurio&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbahTP&ord=&flt=ppa~90~&opt=n&myf=TueJun211749492016_Y_XyxkMb5DMUA]http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=732&scp=gdspurio&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbahTP&ord=&flt=ppa~90~&opt=n&myf=TueJun211749492016_Y_XyxkMb5DMUA[/url]
What filters did you (and apparently Painted_Doll) use that showed 21? Your MaGog link currently doesn't return any results.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by HunchBluntley
InkPanther: According to MaGog, there are 21 positions with 90% discount:
[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=732&scp=gdspurio&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbahTP&ord=&flt=ppa~90~&opt=n&myf=TueJun211749492016_Y_XyxkMb5DMUA]http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=732&scp=gdspurio&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbahTP&ord=&flt=ppa~90~&opt=n&myf=TueJun211749492016_Y_XyxkMb5DMUA[/url]
HunchBluntley: What filters did you (and apparently Painted_Doll) use that showed 21? Your MaGog link currently doesn't return any results.
Price... --> is on sale and % discount is at least from the second drop down menu --> your input
It probably doesn't show anything at the moment simply because there are no games with 90% discount.
xyem: And now I'm at 43. I wonder how they are still gaining XP?
adaliabooks: I would guess they're not, more people are just opting in to the leaderboard.
Although it's possible the free XP bonuses are still available I think more people opting in and being given a rank is the more likely scenario.
Interesting I just assumed if you didn't opt in before hand it would be over after the promo. Guess not. I'm now dropped to position 99 almost out of the top 100 but it doesn't matter anyway since you only see the top 10 and yourself.
deonast: Must have been one hell of a wishlist you started out with.

A compulsive shoppers despair perhaps. That said I saw that owned all over the place too.

I was thinking the same thing I'm now at 98 a few more XP for other people and my invisible to others rank will be even less impressive :)
UhuruNUru: That's obvious, people checking the listing for the first time, you only get added to the lists, if you look at it, I haven't.
Bought quite a few games, but don't worry. I neither know nore care where I would fit in the stupid lists. I buy what I want, and don't take part in these silly things, I couldn't care less if I bought more or less than anyone else.

I don't even use the wishlists, if I want a game I buy it when I want it, for me the sales are largely boring and mostly a waste of time, except for recent additions, which I may buy.

The vast majority of games I either got in previous sales or, will never buy, so though it's great for new customers, I have very little interest, and that limited interest ended the day the final list appeared, then it was just annoying, until today.

Don't think I want to get rid of sales, but these big events have no attraction other than the games I decide to buy, if it attracts more customers to GOG, I can live with the annoyance of it dragging on.

Except the insomniac one, that can go to hell, not playing that timed sales bullshit, I ignore all games in that sale.
Not really an annoyance with having a sale. If you don't like it just check when it ends and avoid the GOG site until then. No annoyance at all. Hell I'd save a lot of time if I did that, but I'm a completist so I like to own games and sale is the cheapest way (in the long run to do that). If I had more self control then I'd already have enough games to last a few lifetimes. I can see it would be a problem for people with addiction type problems.

Gambling or other compulsive behaviour, perhaps I'm one with my buying.
Hmm, all those people that joined GOG this month and with their first post here claiming they just missed getting Spelunky by 1000 points...yeah, seems legit...

Be careful with giving your gifts, guys!
I thought that maybe one could use the summer sale experience leaderboard data (even only tiny bits of it) to estimate the total amount of sales GOG made. Thanks to GOG for sharing that data. The procedure goes as follows:

1.) Experience divided by 10,000 is roughly the amount of $/€ which was spent per person. (I skip the $ or € currency sign from here on.)

2.) I know at least three positions: place 10 has spent 900, place 1600 has spent 100 and place 15000 (that's me) spent 30.

3.) Typically the distribution behind the leaderboard is exponential. That means, that a few people spent a lot of money and a lot of people spent only a few amount of money. So let's say y=a x^b with y is the amount of money spent and x is the position in the leaderboard and a and b are just two constants that describe the behavior.

4.) If you take the logarithm, the exponential behavior is transformed into a linear behavior and you can use a simple linear fit to obtain the parameters a and b. I did that. a = 2670 and b = -0.46

5.) Now without putting that information in, we kind of correctly guessed the experience of the first guy (x=1 -> y = a = 2670 * 10,000 = 2,670,000, true value = 2,638,130). So the assumption that it is an exponential distribution is maybe not so wrong.

6.) However b = -0.46 tells us that summing up the amount of money spent is not bounded. The sum of y from x = 1 to Infinity is only bounded for b <= -1 if I remember correctly.

7.) But it is bounded anyway, for example by the number of people living on earth, or the number of customers GOG has. But it also may be the distribution is skewed at the long end. I would need more statistics about the higher rankings.

8.) Anyway, assuming something like 100,000 customers took part in the summer sale and the exponential distribution is valid everywhere, even for the very low amounts at higher ranks, I arrive at something like 2.5 million ($ or €). However, the error range is big, I think somewhere between 2 and 4 million ($ or €) is realistic.

9.) While this sounds like a lot , GOG only keeps around 30% of it (kind of industry standard cut), has expenses (servers, staff) and needs to pay taxes on the profit.

10.) So after doing the calculation I was a bit surprised. The total amount, even while sellings of a few millions are nice, seems a bit too low. With the multi billion video game business and the goal to become big I would have expected more like 10 million or more for such a big sale because in the end I rarely (never nowadays) buy outside of sales and can only assume most others do the same. There are only 2-3 big sales on GOG per year.

11.) Looking at the stock quote it's difficult to attribute a direct increase in stock price to the sale. But then CDPR is more than just GOG and the share price has just recovered from a dip in winter and arrived at the highs of last year summer. The next quarterly reports of CDPR reporting sales and profits may give a hint how well GOG does in terms of sales, even if they are only aggregated numbers.
Kakarot96: I have enjoyed the sale maybe too much, and i still have games at wishlist that are going to wait until December. After 30 games, i can say i have enough to play a loong time. Well, until Christmas, that's it :S
skeletonbow: Oh... you have no idea what you're in for now... :) You may show some restraint now perhaps, but each sale, each promo, each new release, each free gift from GOG you receive, each game giveaway or gift you receive from the community - all plant seeds in your mind. They're little game seeds. Seeds that say "NEED... MOAR... GAMES!!!" :)

It starts with a cool bundle... then another bundle... then hey, it's only one more bundle... then why not just one more! Oh look, that one game that looks cool is only $1.99, thats like a cup of coffee, what the heck! Oh look, I just won a game in the community giveaway! Oops, I missed out on a promo but someone gifted me a copy, that's so awesome! Then you basically get sucked in like the mafia and can't escape. You're going to have 100-200 games before the end of the year mark my words. You may not see how that's possible, or may not even think you want them. But it's coming.

It's coming... :)

One word of caution... beware of Insomnia, and beware of the Keaning. :)
lol i'm starting to feeling it and i have less than 8 hours of sleep in the past 2 days. It's sale's fault! :D
Sadly i only bought Afterlife and i collected enough of points to get Spelunky for free, i was planning to buy few more games, but my wallet was empty :( but hey it was cool sale and i hope you guys do another one around Christmas.
Trilarion: I thought that maybe one could use the summer sale experience leaderboard data (even only tiny bits of it) to estimate the total amount of sales GOG made.[..]
Nice calculations, but did you consider that various users didn't post their scores in the leaderboard?
Also, are you sure that it's correct to approximate\predict such random values with a simple exponential function?
Post edited June 23, 2016 by phaolo
mofofromjkt: cheers gog.

thanks for the big sale..
bought 8 games on sale. Didnt reach to Chapterfall freebies . thats ok. Now im broke till the end of this month.
jrich3500: You need to get a job then because with the experience points I think youi had to spend like $25 to get to dreamfall chapters. So you spend less than that and your broke the rest of the month. Ask youir parents for a bigger allowance. You missed out on that one, $30 game for free if yo spent $25 bucks, oh well.
thanks for your concern smart azz, i was just kidding on that part of being broke till the end of this month in this forum....is kind off a bad joke..i guess it was!!
. Yes i do have a job, i can afford it easily up more than amount you mention here. but the thing is i bought other stuff t elsewhere too...and i dont see myself bought more than 8 games in gog for this summer sale.

So save your care and concern for my situation,just move along and reply to those who need it the most.... those guys with 1 post in the forum and missed the seplunky freebie.
Post edited June 23, 2016 by mofofromjkt
Was a nice sale, picked a few games I was interested. + Few freebies you guys did a pretty good job I would say.

Will see you at the next summer sale. And yeah, lets not forget winter is coming!
chromeneon: Hmm, all those people that joined GOG this month and with their first post here claiming they just missed getting Spelunky by 1000 points...yeah, seems legit...

Be careful with giving your gifts, guys!
Well... I personally joined this month because I had never heard of GOG before, my bad! :D
I guess I messed up with the first check-in (I got an X instead of the golden coin), and even if I joined twitch for the GOG challenges I didn't get any XP (I guess I was supposed to play or do something... but it was so confusing...)
Anyway having another on-line platform with great deals on games is always a good thing!
Reever: And I made it through without buying anything!! *pats own shoulder*

I really liked the promo though. Wished I gotten the hang of the XP thingy sooner, might have gotten enough for redeeming Spelunky at least! Otherwise, it was pretty motivating I though. Also lots of good deals! A pity I'm not buying any more games till my backlogs goes down considerably :D
alonzo: If you like, you can get my redeemable code for Spelunky - just send me a PM ;)
Hey, that's very nice of you, but I'd rather you'd gift it to somebody who'd play it right away/is interested in playing it.
I was mostly just sad I didn't get the freebie =D